LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

My CRDSTU Lift has arrived
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=37728
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Glend [ Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:35 am ]
Post subject:  My CRDSTU Lift has arrived

My lift kit has finally arrived and will be going in this weekend. CRDSTU1 X5Ks for the front and CDRSTU3s for the rear, they have Stu's Bold designation on them and also the King numbers (SO106310 and SO106311). X5K is the New Generation High Stress Steel (apparently). I also have a set of the longer Polyairs which Stu supplied to replace my old stock spring bags. I'll be doing the rears and the airbags myself, then taking the front strut assemblies around to Pedders to get the new springs put on the stock struts (which Stu assures me are up to the task as it is an 07 and were only going up 2"). I seem to recall Master Yoda advising to replace the strut if one is going to all that trouble of taking it out to put on a new spring - and that made sense to me but the Guru advised otherwise, so I'll save abit of $.

I hope to remember to take some photos during the change over, but at my age I'm luck to remember to put on my pants so we'll see.

Author:  CD [ Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:12 am ]
Post subject: 

Good luck with the install Glen, looking forward to seeing the end result.

Author:  pipeliner [ Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yes, when I got my lift from Stu he told me to keep the front struts but put new shocks on the rear.

Author:  Glend [ Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yep,

I have new OME NS132s on the rear already (that was Phase 1 of my lift).

Author:  Glend [ Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:57 am ]
Post subject:  Lifted at Last!

My lift has been completed. I posted the details over on Ausjeep because I can't seem to post pics here (and we love our pics).
Thanks to Gerard for listening to my problem re the strut collar alignment ridge (bloody Pedders - never again).

Here is the link to the details:

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=82323

Now I need a drink.

Author:  CD [ Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pedders had a witch of a time trying to get Stepehns front's compressed :lol: , I was thinging when you said Pedders ... good luck it should be funny (better them than you mate :wink: )

Looks much better with the new gear in.

Author:  TAHOE [ Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Have to sign in to see pics :(
Great you got it installed.

Author:  cmohr [ Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:37 am ]
Post subject: 

Glen, get yourself a Photobucket account.. (free) and then you can upload your pics there and show them on any forum.. Easy Pesy.

Author:  smorison [ Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:12 am ]
Post subject: 

nice work Glenn :)

whatcha doing over christmas wanna try them out? ;)

Author:  Glend [ Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'd love to try it out but I am having a few 'complications'. My 12 month old Polyair backing plates have cracked badly and I am trying to get them replaced. If they can't be replaced under warranty I'll have to find an alternative or pull the bags completely (which means taking apart the rear end again to install bump stops). I've supplied photos to Stu so he can see the problem. I'm trying to get this sorted before we go away to Port Stephens after Christmas.

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:58 am ]
Post subject: 

Glend wrote:
I'm trying to get this sorted before we go away to Port Stephens after Christmas.


Aaah Port Stephens I remember it well from my Olden days :lol: :wink: 8)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/