LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Tell Me Your Tyre Pressures.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=41484
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Pugsley [ Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:48 am ]
Post subject:  Tell Me Your Tyre Pressures.

Evening All,
Just a querie on tyre pressures??

I am running the stock tyres at the moment and want to know what pressures you use?

I have my Stauns set at 15psi for beach work.

Author:  mikey [ Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi Pugsley,
I generally run 38-40 psi ON-ROAD
And around 18-20psi for OFF-ROAD
M.

Author:  cmohr [ Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

35-38 onroad,

15-20 offroad,

travelling on dirt roads (IE:-touring) 24-28


It all depends on conditions, and what tyres you have.

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

38-40 onroad,

15-16 sand,

Dirt roads (IE:-touring) 24-28 or lower 18-22 if very rocky


Again as Cmohr says it all depends on conditions, and what tyres you have.

Author:  Fouros [ Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:15 am ]
Post subject: 

i usually run 38 on road

18 on sand and

between 18-22 off road

Author:  Pugsley [ Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:16 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks guys for the replies.

I appreciate the information. :)

I am still learning and want to avoid it being the hard way. :roll:

Author:  Aus Patriot [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

36 on road.
15-20 on the beach.

Author:  palla [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:28 am ]
Post subject: 

34 on road, found 36 to be wearing in the middle indicating over inflation

havent had to go lower than 18 on soft sand
normally 22 on rocky offroad.

Author:  damo4runner [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

The Bridgestone Place that fitted my Light Truck D694's inflated them to 45psi and then came out to me and said that due to them being light truck that they should be inflated to 45 as they like the higher pressure he even wrote it on the trye gaurantee/booklet that states the trye pressure and gives me free rotation and wheel puncture. But reading this that number seems high compared to the onroad average of 38psi.

Author:  Glend [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Damo, my Bridgestone tyre guys set my AT D694 LTs up at 35psi. On the highway I run them at 36psi front and 38psi rear (whether towing or loaded with the family for a ski trip). Around town (lightly loaded) I usually leave them at 35psi all around as this is more comfortable in this potholed mess that passes for roads in Sydney. I've heard the 45psi story too, but I find that is overinflation for a KJ's weight , and you may get uneven wear (centre wear). Just my opinion. I run about 26psi on rock, but don't go below about 20psi on sand. At Camp Coffs I was running 26psi in all that mud, as it was a good compromise for the rock sections and highway access to the tracks.

Author:  damo4runner [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM I thought as much but then again mitsubishi supposedly checked the wifes tryes at the service but when I checked them after the service 20psi to me seemed bulls&$t sp back up to 32psi and funny enough now the car doesn't feel like it will roll off the rims when cornering. As for the KJ well I haven't felt any ill effects but then again I haven't checked the psi just assumed they put it up to 45 like they said they did will have to check later today to be sure and adjust as above. Glend how much did they charge for the pinion reset if you got it done after the 245/70's were fitted and did you notice any difference before and after. Thanks

Author:  Glend [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

My pinion reset cost about $30 when done in conjunction with a normal service. I printed out a copy of Loric's (AJOR) thread on the subject, and good thing I did to because the Jeep tech wasn't quiet sure how to do it, nor that it had to be done in two places (BCM and ABS). Here is a link to loric's post:

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... nion+reset


Funny thing was that the result of the reset returned the speedo to the same sort of over speed indication error it had prior to the tyre change. Prior to the new tyres my speedo was indicating about 4mph high at 100kmph (ie 104kph), after the new tyres and before the pinion reset the speedo was indicating almost spot on with the GPS. After the pinion reset the speedo indicates about 102kmph at 100kmph (GPS). Some people will get different results as the rolling diameter of tyres is different (ie two 245/70s by different manufacturers can have differing diameters, For example the D694 LTs are 751mm, but the same size by BFG is slightly less). There are also at least two different menu systems in the KJ BCM and ABS, some model years you have to specifiy the diameter, and some you specify from a selection of available tyre sizes (in this case 245/70) and I guess there is an assumption built into the system about standard rolling diameter for a standard size. Forgetting the speedo correction the ABS correction is probably more important as you want the ABS computer to know if your tyre is rotating and nearing lockup. Finally, with a diesel the issues that arise from shift point and gearing impacts of the new tyres are probably not a concern, firstly because the tyres are not that much larger than stock, and secondly the diesels have the torque to mask the affect (IMHO).

Those D694 LTs are heavier than the stock tyres, and the slight increase in weight may also impact performance, certainly noticable when lifting the spare
onto the swing gate.

Author:  damo4runner [ Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:45 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks I have the diesel also and didn't notice any difference when I went to the D694's also I don't have ABS as I have 2003 model so I might hang off on the pinion reset for a while and look into it a bit later on.

Author:  NTJEEP [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 am ]
Post subject: 

FYI, i got a pinion reset done the other week, cost $140!! (from a Holden Dealer!)
Has made a difference to the tranny changes, more in tune with conditions now.
trip computer was telling me i was using 16-17 lphundred, which it has never been that high before, even after resetting the computer, was still running high, so after reading somewhere how to really reset the computer, i disconnected the battery and then idled the jeep for 15- 20 minutes,(after putting the battery back on) went for a drive and immediately was down to low 15 LPH, which though higher than normal, i'll put down to the bigger tyres (245/75/ 16)
But i've also got a snorkel now, so i thought down to 14 and something LPH would be more like it??
Haven't done a decent highway run yet, so should improve some then.
Cheers

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 am ]
Post subject: 

Gee Guys Imust have been lucky because I had my pinion reset done at Jeep GC for $zip.. zero.. nil... nothing :!: :roll: Thought it was all part of the service they offer :wink:

Author:  nobster [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:58 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm with team J.a.G, i got mine done at Gold Coast Jeep it cost me $zip zero nil also (thanks Brett) (who no longer works there) :( so why would you take a JEEP to a holden dealer? and pay $130!

Author:  nobster [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Sorry $140.00 :shock:

Author:  NTJEEP [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 am ]
Post subject: 

The Holden Dealer is the JEEP dealer! :o

Author:  pipeliner [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

NTJEEP wrote:
The Holden Dealer is the JEEP dealer! :o


Everyone has a dark side - just ignore it. The fact that he is a Jeep dealer shows he has some good qualities.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/