LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Paint Finish
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=41873
Page 1 of 1

Author:  G'ME MUD [ Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:06 am ]
Post subject:  Paint Finish

Hi all,
My KJ is 5 years old now and has nearly 200000ks on the clock and was thinking of giving it a good pollish for the first time. The paint seems in reasonable good condition but has a few "pin stripes" on it. I just went and got some Armor All Wax and Shine from woollies and was going to hit with that and a slow buff.
Any thoughts on that weather it will damage the clear coat or not?
Regards Ross

Author:  damo4runner [ Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:15 am ]
Post subject: 

I don't think it should damage it, if anything after 200000klms it will probably get up on it's back wheels and praise the lord for the tender loving care that it has been begging for. Honestly polishing a car is just something that has always been done by myself just one of those things that your dad taught you to do cause his dad did and his dad's dad did.............. Yep at least once a year I will polish our cars and if needed cut and polish them, in fact after I got T-Boned I had them cut and polish the whole KJ just so it would look great on all sides.

Author:  2JeepFamily [ Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

if this first one mate it will be fine. Your clear coat is a coat of paint normally 2 layers thick so once with a buffer is
fine but not recommended to do regularly as you are taking off the skin of the paint. My choice is Meguire's cut and
polish with the slow buff wheel. Wax and shine I think is for a coating and I am not sure if it should be heated up
using the buffer.

Author:  NTJEEP [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:48 am ]
Post subject: 

Mate, i just cut and polished (light cut) the jeep 2 weeks ago, bought myself a cheapass buffer from bunnings (ozito brand, $40) worked a treat. Got lots of scratches out. Used the Mguires No2, clean and polish. Came up like new. very impressed. you might have ti finish it with a wax to get swirls out, depends how fussy you are.
Cheers

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/