LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

the price of oil.....and other stuff
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=42916
Page 1 of 1

Author:  stevemcc [ Wed May 06, 2009 5:17 am ]
Post subject:  the price of oil.....and other stuff

Time, and the lack of it, progressivly worse sounding trouble codes and a Kj that had about as much power as my mums sewing machine led me today to.... Jeep and a 48,000 K service, sort out the problems and for the 4th time could someone do a pinion reset that actually works :evil:

I know the cost of oil is going up but nearly $400 in oil :shock: Then $180 for a O2 sensor ( and I'm paying as warrenty ran out 8 days ago) - "oh and it might not be ready today" :shock: How long does it take to unscrew the old one, undo the push connector and do everything again - aparently $80 worth of time. :evil: :evil:

I know I should have sorted all this out myself, I'm comfortable doing it but time was the problem. But - when I questioned some of the items on the list eg. replaced air filter - I use a K&N so I said where's the old one, it was a K&N I was told that the list of activities isn't always what was actually done :? . so I said whay am I paying a standard price for labour for the items listed I was ignored :?: And why when used oil is actually worth something are we asked to pay for its disposal :twisted:

Due to my 2.5 year old having one of those "not what I need right now" complete melt downs I paid and left but with a big feeling of being seriously stung and the attitude didn;t help either - customers at 4:30 are, by default a pita. so now I'm here venting, and for that I am sorry, but its good to share :?

Author:  2JeepFamily [ Wed May 06, 2009 5:44 am ]
Post subject: 

it's always good to vent mate, it has this uphoric feeling that comes with it almost like the feeling of
statisfaction of strangling the person that is causing your problem (only in my thought's as I don't know what that
is like, no really I don't) sorry everyone, it's been tough at work since I got back from Holiday's

Author:  Fouros [ Wed May 06, 2009 9:19 am ]
Post subject: 

do you feel like naming the dealership ?

Author:  stevemcc [ Wed May 06, 2009 5:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think part of my frustration yesterday was that in the past the Albion dealership has been very helpful, corrected items they havn't actually done, spent the time to talk through what was wrong and specifically tell me about the additional litems I've asked about.

My impression yesterday was that I was interupting their time to chat and since I looked somewhat feral (long day working) I should be sent packing asap.

I will be interested to see if I get one of those follow up 'how was your serivce phone calls" :D

Author:  loric [ Wed May 06, 2009 9:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: the price of oil.....and other stuff

stevemcc wrote:
Time, and the lack of it, progressivly worse sounding trouble codes and a Kj that had about as much power as my mums sewing machine led me today to.... Jeep and a 48,000 K service, sort out the problems and for the 4th time could someone do a pinion reset that actually works :evil:
,..., but its good to share :?


There are TWO different places to change the pinion 'rotations per mile' setting.

The first place is in the BCM (as expected).
The second place is in the ABS module!

BOTH modules have exactly the same menu for the pinion reset and both have to be changed for the pinion reset to work. If either one is altered (but not both), the 'reset' doesn't work.


That cost of oil is a bit steep. Ouch!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/