LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Best Road Trip Music
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=43299
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Glend [ Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Best Road Trip Music

Well Pipeliner started this off over on AJOR by opening up this can of worms:

Image

Lets here your views on the best music for travelling?

On the way up to Camp Coffs I had loaded the stacker with:
Chick Corea (Return to Forever) album "Where have I know you before" - Vulvan World is just brings me back to Alberta winter ski trips to from Calgary to Banff; Pat Methany Group "The Way Up"; & The Very Best of the Moody Blues album, and John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers .

My nominees for the two 'Best road songs of all time' has to be - Steppenwolf "Born to be Wild"

http://av.steppenwolf.com/mp3s/all_time ... tbwldl.mp3

and the Doors "Riders on the Storm"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpykt_ ... ideo_music

Author:  cmohr [ Mon May 18, 2009 8:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bands I listen to .......The Knife, or Röyksopp feature highly in my playlist, as does Kids in the Kitchen, and Live. As well as Sarah Blasko, Not Drowning Waving, U2, Metalica, Spiderbait, The Cure, Dandy Warhols, Foo Fighters, Garbage, Penny Flanigan, Mental as Anything, Cake, Barenaked Ladies, Pearl Jam...... Yopu get the Idea :lol:

Author:  pipeliner [ Mon May 18, 2009 8:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

cmohr wrote:
Bands I listen to .......The Knife, or Röyksopp feature highly in my playlist, as does Kids in the Kitchen, and Live. As well as Sarah Blasko, Not Drowning Waving, U2, Metalica, Spiderbait, The Cure, Dandy Warhols, Foo Fighters, Garbage, Penny Flanigan, Mental as Anything, Cake, Barenaked Ladies, Pearl Jam...... Yopu get the Idea :lol:


Actually I don't get the idea, as I've never heard of 80% of that list, and the 20% whose names I recognise I have no idea what they sound like!

I might have such beauties as Suzi Quatro, Kris Kristofferson, show recording from "Miss Saigon", a "Best of the 60's" compilation, Harry Nillson, Cat Stevens - you know, REAL music with tunes and words with meaning.

Author:  cmohr [ Mon May 18, 2009 8:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

No NO Chris, you have it all wrong... Glen was asking about Music.... :lol: :lol:



I do also like Cat Stevens.. :wink:



John Lee Hooker..

Author:  loric [ Mon May 18, 2009 9:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

hehe.

Old Crow Medicine Show, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Kelly, Seasick Steve, Johnny Cash, Ben Harper, Bob Marley

Cmohr - you forgot harry belafonte!

Author:  cmohr [ Mon May 18, 2009 9:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

loric wrote:
hehe.


Cmohr - you forgot harry belafonte!






WHO???????? :lol:



Daylight come and me wana go home.......................

Author:  Fouros [ Mon May 18, 2009 9:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

i usually have Missy Elliot, Barenaked Ladies, gorrilaz, queen, gangajang, steve earl, BEP, three days grace, chilli peppers, men at work, schnell fenster, pink floyd, Dire straights, cake, hunters and collectors, old school ll cool J, Queen latifah tha king and i,


the list goes on

Author:  Team J.a.G [ Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

WHO?????
I thought you said "Best Road Music" so therefore the only one that fits that catagory is "On The Road Again" - Willie Nelson

Author:  loric [ Mon May 18, 2009 11:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

For the black KJs out there:

Shannon Noll - Let's Drive....I waaanna drive my big black shiny caaaar...

Author:  2JeepFamily [ Tue May 19, 2009 4:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Currently in the stacker I have, Kings of Leon, MGMT, Empire of the Sun, Triple J latest hottest 100 oh and Adam Brand
for something a little different. I would change it all but I am to lazy and have way to many CD's to chose from.
Although it might time to load up some Def Leopard and Alice in Chain's again.

Author:  pipeliner [ Tue May 19, 2009 6:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Chick Corea, Vulvan World, Pat Methany Group , Moody Blues , John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers ,Steppenwolf ,Doors The Knife, Röyksopp, Kids in the Kitchen, Live, Sarah Blasko, Not Drowning Waving, U2, Metalica, Spiderbait, The Cure, Dandy Warhols, Foo Fighters, Garbage, Penny Flanigan, Mental as Anything, Cake, Barenaked Ladies, Pearl Jam,John Lee Hooker, Old Crow Medicine Show, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Kelly, Seasick Steve,Johnny Cash, Ben Harper, Bob Marley , Missy Elliot, Barenaked Ladies, gorrilaz, queen, gangajang, steve earl, BEP, three days grace, chilli peppers, men at work, schnell fenster, pink floyd, Dire straights, cake, hunters and collectors, old school ll cool J, Queen latifah, Willie Nelson, Shannon Noll ,Kings of Leon, MGMT, Empire of the Sun, Adam Brand , Def Leopard and Alice in Chain's

The green ones I've heard of, the dark red ones I actually know something they've sung!

Must be getting old - I remember "The Day the Music Died"!

Author:  G'ME MUD [ Tue May 19, 2009 6:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Snoop Dogg, Ghostface Killa, David Banner,MnM, Jay Z,Kanye West, Nas.
All this rap makes me angry so I take it out on the Jeep and floor it.

Author:  Fouros [ Tue May 19, 2009 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

G'ME MUD wrote:
Snoop Dogg, Ghostface Killa, David Banner,MnM, Jay Z,Kanye West, Nas.
All this rap makes me angry so I take it out on the Jeep and floor it.


rossco


you surprised me with having snoop dog and Jay Z in your stacker

Author:  Glend [ Tue May 19, 2009 7:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

and a gun under the seat like all the rappers have?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/