It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cutting CV's
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:23 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Casper, Wyoming
myjeepwalks wrote:
Jeger wrote:
Im thinking the best bet on those might be a diamond embedded cut of wheel, and definantly one with coolant you dont want to overheat it if it is hardened....

This might be a stretch, but a person might be able to use one of those tile cutting saws with a diamond blade in it. If I can find the cheap little $50 jobber Iv got I will give it a try on an old knife blade or something. If it works this could be as easy as a trip to the lowes rental department.


Was thinking the same thing. Using a chop saw type set up.


I'm sure that would work but, from the sounds of it, it's going to take a long time to grind through.

Marty, what type of metal are they? Just hardened steel? Can you get it Rockwell tested anywhere? I may be able to get a better price on the tooling to cut them but, I'd need to know the specifics of what you gotta cut.

_________________
Ron


"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:54 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
Tokyojoe, can you please post some pics of the Y link installed & some under shots of the rear springs. Also hows the ride going, now been on for a few day's.

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:57 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
This Saturday, I will be heading back to Marty's (RL) for the brake lines. I can get pics then. I do get a lot of noise when hitting bumps. I am sure it is due to the stiffness but there is another possibility so I will wait until we get a look underneath.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com