It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Got a free lift today and a bunch more power to boot!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
I removed my F/R bumbers,carriers,and roof rack to prep them for bedlining today,MY JEEP IS NAKED!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry no pics,it's dark here now.I gained 1 1/2" in the rear and a 1/4" in the front.Guess taking off 600lbs of armor will do that and boy does it have a boat load of power now! I can even lock my brakes up on dry pavement,haven't been able to to that since '04 when it was still stock,left 25ft twin black marks coming into my apartment complex,I better get my stuff back on soon or I'll end up in jail 8) !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:56 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Sir, this is a family forum. No pictures of nekid KJ's will be tolerated! :shock:

But, on the serious side: WOW! It is amazing how much weight gets added onto these things. Did you ever weight it fully "dressed"?

_________________
LOST # 633
'05 KJ 3.7L/6spd/241 245/75/16 MT's
'88 MJ 4.0L/AW4/231 SWB HPD30 & trac-loc D44 w/3.73's
A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a free lift today and a bunch more power to boot!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:50 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Upstate NY
tjkj2002 wrote:
I removed my F/R bumbers,carriers,and roof rack to prep them for bedlining today,MY JEEP IS NAKED!!!!!!!!!!
!


So....where's the jeep porn...........

_________________
05 BLACK KJ - 42RLE & NP242
Skids, Hooks, Bent Rock Rail, Lifted, A/T's, etc.
NY and PA and Florida ONF Special Custom Organic Trail Rash


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
InCommando wrote:
Sir, this is a family forum. No pictures of nekid KJ's will be tolerated! :shock:

But, on the serious side: WOW! It is amazing how much weight gets added onto these things. Did you ever weight it fully "dressed"?
Stock it came in at 3950lbs,trail ready today it is 5500lbs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:46 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
I think your KJ needs to go to Weight Watchers! :lol:

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:23 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Fulltimer wrote:
I think your KJ needs to go to Weight Watchers! :lol:

Terry
It's not fat it's big boned :lol: :lol: !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:02 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 1557
Location: Louisville, KY
Well if you and Marty ever would learn how to weld, you could cut the weight of thoses add-ons by 25%. Biggest freaking weld beads I have ever seen :D :D :D :D :D :D

_________________
'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a free lift today and a bunch more power to boot!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:33 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
tjkj2002 wrote:
I removed my F/R bumbers,carriers,and roof rack to prep them for bedlining today,MY JEEP IS NAKED!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry no pics,it's dark here now.I gained 1 1/2" in the rear and a 1/4" in the front.Guess taking off 600lbs of armor will do that and boy does it have a boat load of power now! I can even lock my brakes up on dry pavement,haven't been able to to that since '04 when it was still stock,left 25ft twin black marks coming into my apartment complex,I better get my stuff back on soon or I'll end up in jail 8) !


Just think, you still had your steel wheels, big tires, skids, and super skinks on. Oh, I forgot, you also have another good 150 pounds or more of tools in the back. :D I wouldn't say you're completely naked!

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
Does front+rear bumpers with a roof rack really weigh 600lbs?

And dang, I couldnt lock up my brakes with the stock tires and no lift!

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:51 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Jeepjeepster wrote:
Does front+rear bumpers with a roof rack really weigh 600lbs?

And dang, I couldnt lock up my brakes with the stock tires and no lift!

Front ARB with winch(KC HID's,fog's,and turn signals)------180lbs
Rear RL bumber-----110lbs
Tire/jerry can/Hi-Lift carriers------80lbs
Spare tire-----92lbs
Hi-Lift------38lbs
Gas tank skid-------25lbs
RL Gecko roof basket-----55lbs

--------580lbs total wieght taken off


I could lock my brakes up when running stock sized tires all the time,I even have rear drums to.Those Trxus MT's really smoke when you roast them from a stoplight 8) !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:05 am 
Offline
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 am
Posts: 945
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Here"s what your KJs sayin!

Image


Mike

_________________
LIBERTY or DEATH

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 1557
Location: Louisville, KY
38 lbs for a hi-lift?

Mine only weighs 30, which one do you have?

48"-28-30 lbs.

Gravity must be a hell of a lot stronger in CO.

_________________
'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:16 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
WoodysKJ wrote:
38 lbs for a hi-lift?

Mine only weighs 30, which one do you have?

48"-28-30 lbs.

Gravity must be a hell of a lot stronger in CO.
I have the Hi-Lift Extreme(all cast),in the manual for it it has all the wieghts,the 48" Extreme is 38lbs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:05 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 1557
Location: Louisville, KY
tjkj2002 wrote:
WoodysKJ wrote:
38 lbs for a hi-lift?

Mine only weighs 30, which one do you have?

48"-28-30 lbs.

Gravity must be a hell of a lot stronger in CO.
I have the Hi-Lift Extreme(all cast),in the manual for it it has all the wieghts,the 48" Extreme is 38lbs.


Mine's the all cast one also, but not the extreme, doesn't have a different dohicky on top?

Mine is the HL-485, my manual says 29 lbs.

So when does the final product roll out to everybody?

Did you and Marty see the Gecko pics yet?

_________________
'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:35 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
tjkj2002 wrote:
Jeepjeepster wrote:
Does front+rear bumpers with a roof rack really weigh 600lbs?

And dang, I couldnt lock up my brakes with the stock tires and no lift!

Front ARB with winch(KC HID's,fog's,and turn signals)------180lbs
Rear RL bumber-----110lbs
Tire/jerry can/Hi-Lift carriers------80lbs
Spare tire-----92lbs
Hi-Lift------38lbs
Gas tank skid-------25lbs
RL Gecko roof basket-----55lbs

--------580lbs total wieght taken off


I could lock my brakes up when running stock sized tires all the time,I even have rear drums to.Those Trxus MT's really smoke when you roast them from a stoplight 8) !


Tire/jerry can/Hi-Lift carriers------80lbs
Spare tire-----92lbs
Hi-Lift------38lbs

you carry these on your rear bumper right?, so you have a good 200# just on the rear of your KJ plus the 110# bumper??

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:02 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
jsc7002 wrote:
Tire/jerry can/Hi-Lift carriers------80lbs
Spare tire-----92lbs
Hi-Lift------38lbs

you carry these on your rear bumper right?, so you have a good 200# just on the rear of your KJ plus the 110# bumper??


:shock:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
jsc7002 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Jeepjeepster wrote:
Does front+rear bumpers with a roof rack really weigh 600lbs?

And dang, I couldnt lock up my brakes with the stock tires and no lift!

Front ARB with winch(KC HID's,fog's,and turn signals)------180lbs
Rear RL bumber-----110lbs
Tire/jerry can/Hi-Lift carriers------80lbs
Spare tire-----92lbs
Hi-Lift------38lbs
Gas tank skid-------25lbs
RL Gecko roof basket-----55lbs

--------580lbs total wieght taken off


I could lock my brakes up when running stock sized tires all the time,I even have rear drums to.Those Trxus MT's really smoke when you roast them from a stoplight 8) !


Tire/jerry can/Hi-Lift carriers------80lbs
Spare tire-----92lbs
Hi-Lift------38lbs

you carry these on your rear bumper right?, so you have a good 200# just on the rear of your KJ plus the 110# bumper??
That is right I carry all of that on my Kj all the time,plus the 200+lbs of tools in the back also.

Sorry no "naked" pics but here are some completed pics of the bedlining of the F/R bumbers,carriers,and roof rack(no close up's of the rack,sorry).Oh I also bedlined and installed my new Kilby gas tank skid,much better then the MOPAR gas tank skid.3/16" thick steel and hungs the tank closer for more rear clearence,me likey!!!!!!!!
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:55 pm
Posts: 35
Location: Olympia, WA
That looks BadAss Troy!

Brad

_________________
03' Sport
Crager 16x7 Soft 8's
BFG All Terrain TA's 245/75/16
Frankenlift Premium
JBA A-Arms (Gen IV)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Troy, is that the Mortons bedliner?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:16 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Troy, is that the Mortons bedliner?
It sure is,sprayed it myself yesterday.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com