It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: High Performance Cat
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:50 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
I got a catalog today from Quadratec for the Cherokee. They have a high catalytic converter for the Cherokee. It's made of stainless steel and is from $239.00 to $269.00. Anyone ever try one of these on anything? Just wondering if it would help any.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:06 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
IF you needed one it maybe OK but why replace it if not needed? Plus the fact that you can not replace it unless they are damaged or destroyed in some way before a certain mileage. then you need two and so on
With the 3.7 there is not a whole lot of improvement to be made from replacing them unless you are going with headers, new cats, cams etc

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:25 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
1st you need this:

http://www.car-sound.com/02product/displaydirectfit01.asp?catalogid=15716&directfit=23957

than you need this!

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=3859

all for under 2 grand! you can't beat that price! :lol: 8)

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:23 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
I got a highflow,ultra compact Cat from Summit,CatCo makes it and it is rated for up to a 468 cubic inch V-8 and 750HP and cost only $65.The darn thing is like only 5" wide,4" tall,and 12" long.


Last edited by tjkj2002 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:24 pm 
HOLY CRAP, $1400 for the cats and pipe?

F that! when mine are gone, I'll test-pipe that sucker.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Fulltimer wrote:
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry
Nope,8 years or 80,000miles for KJ's,per federal law.The only way that a non-dealer can replace the Cat's is if they are damaged.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 410
Location: Chicago, IL
tjkj2002 wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry
Nope,8 years or 80,000miles for KJ's,per federal law.The only way that a non-dealer can replace the Cat's is if they are damaged.


Or if somebody crawls under your Jeep and steals them. Very popular recently, unfortunately. Cats from BMW & Mercedes get $300 each at recycle yards. Jeeps are easy targets because of the easy access. Careful if you park your Jeep at a train station...

_________________
2006 Magnum SRT8
1969 Cutlass

Image
SOLD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
tjkj2002 wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry
Nope,8 years or 80,000miles for KJ's,per federal law.The only way that a non-dealer can replace the Cat's is if they are damaged.


Hmmm, the web site has 50K listed. Doesn't matter. If I wanted a new one it WOULD be accidently on purpose damaged on the trail. :lol:

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Fulltimer wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry
Nope,8 years or 80,000miles for KJ's,per federal law.The only way that a non-dealer can replace the Cat's is if they are damaged.


Hmmm, the web site has 50K listed. Doesn't matter. If I wanted a new one it WOULD be accidently on purpose damaged on the trail. :lol:

Terry
Yep it's listed in your owners manual and the warrenty manual as well,8 years or 80,000miles.Just to let you know that most exhaust places probally will not mess with it and referr you to the dealership because of the warrenty,I know 90% of the places here will do that and also back home in SD is the same way.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com