It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Arkansas
So another problem with my CRD. I can click my seat belt in and make sure its in there good and pull on it to make sure its latched and its there. But take off down the road and at random times it just comes undone. Very unsafe! I think I'm gonna get another from a salvage yard should i have any issues with a different year model? Has anyone else had this issue?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:15 am
Posts: 5431
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
With a flashlight and a probe like a dental pick see if there is a piece of debris down in there preventing the latch from fully engaging the clip. Been there done that.

_________________
Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Arkansas
Thanks for the tip i'll try that here is just a bit and let you know the results!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:52 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:02 pm
Posts: 13
littlebiggin wrote:
So another problem with my CRD. I can click my seat belt in and make sure its in there good and pull on it to make sure its latched and its there. But take off down the road and at random times it just comes undone. Very unsafe! I think I'm gonna get another from a salvage yard should i have any issues with a different year model? Has anyone else had this issue?


The buckle is not that expensive at the dealer if you need to get one(like $35 IIRC). I replaced one in my 02 and in my dads 04 with the same problem that your having. You just have to pull the seat to install it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:52 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Arkansas
Yeah I looked down in the seat belt latch and didn't find anything. I even probed around in it with a pick. I guess i will have to order one because I have seen what it looks like when you don't wear your seat belt and have an accident :dead:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:35 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Arkansas
Was telling the local part store guy about my seat belt issue he said "Ahh just spray some wd-40 down in it, should fix it right up." So after spraying it down with lub it works a ton better. I think i will still replace though I like safety features that I know work lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:22 pm
Posts: 30
Location: New Jersey
Did you end up replacing the buckle? Our drivers side one just started doing this, and no luck with the WD-40 fix. It takes about 5-10 attempts to get it to stay latched, and even then sometimes comes loose while driving.

Anyone know the part number for the driver's side buckle?

_________________
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD (SOLD)
2009 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
2014 Audi Q7 TDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:03 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:51 pm
Posts: 255
Location: Madison, AL
I smell a safety recall

_________________
Solar Yellow 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 auto 4X4
White 2006 Liberty Limited 2.8 CRD 4X4...SOLD 4-21-2012


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seat Belt...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Arkansas
The WD-40 has seemed to fix mine, it now stays latched :). It still bugs me it was messing up though, I would hate for it to fail in an accident. As far as a part number I never got that far.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com