It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: ITS OVER
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:27 am
Posts: 640
"I went into the dealership this afternoon to order a CRD Libby Limited. It turns out that Jeep stopped taking orders for the diesels at noon this last Wednesday."

The quote above was taken from another forum. Since it seems that there will be no CRD in '07 it appears that "its over". Based on the cutoff date (4/19/06) I suspect that DCX has just run out of Motoris to load up in the Liberty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:24 pm
Posts: 902
NOOOOOOOO, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:31 pm
Posts: 1465
Location: Kent, OH
So that means if it gets wrecked or stolen, it's now priceless?

_________________
2005 Liberty Sport CRD, Lt Khaki, sunroof

Thankful to now be an EX-CRD owner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:58 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Posts: 126
Location: DE
Anyone know production numbers for the CRD in the U.S.? Can't be too big.

Guess I won't be relying on the dealership for service anymore ... within a year those guys won't even remember that they made a diesel ...

_________________
2005 Liberty CRD Limited, Light Khaki on Slate - 142,000 miles
1987 Mercedes-Benz 300D - 314,000 miles
1978 Mercedes-Benz 240D 4spd manual - 371,000 miles
2018 Chevy Cruze 1.6L turbodiesel, 6spd manual - 58,000 miles
1982 Peugeot 505 diesel, 4spd manual - 132,000 miles
1994 Mercedes-Benz SL500 - 94,000 miles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:10 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:01 am
Posts: 1944
Location: Mooresville, NC
Could be like vtdog said, they might just have used up their allotment of engines for NA for the '06 models. Remember, they've already sold twice as many as they planned on, and VMM has to supply DC with diesels for the rest of the world as well. Considering that they did shut down production on the CRD late last year, and then started up production and taking orders again early this year, this might not be the first time they've ran out of engines.

Also, considering some of the utter crap I've seen on other forums, I'd want to hear it from DC themselves, both on the quote that they've quit taking orders, and on whether or not there will be an '07 model. There's too much BS flying around on the net concerning CRD's to know what to believe anymore.

If either of the above is true, I'd suspect that the dealers had a good part to play in killing it off. Remember, the dealerships are DC's direct customers, and if enough of them complained to DC that they didn't want to be bothered with having to work thru it's teething pains and weren't going to order any more for their dealerships, past a certain point it wouldn't be worth their while to build any more if no one's willing to sell them.

I'd also be willing to bet that some of the "BS" I mentioned above had a part to play, if these cancellations are true. Some people on other forums seem hell bent on giving the vehicle a bad name, regardless of whether or not they've had any problems with the beast, and others putting out info that is so bogus and totally wrong it's beyond belief. I've seen info that was all but quoted as gospel, and a quick check of the owners or service manual proved it to be totally wrong. But if you tried to point out their error, even to the point of giving them the page number in the manual, you were either totally ignored or shouted down.

_________________
Mitchell Oates
'87 MB 300D Diamond Blue Metallic
'87 MB 300D - R.I.P. 12/08
'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:18 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:01 am
Posts: 1944
Location: Mooresville, NC
Another possibility - considering the low rate that the CRD is produced at, it could be that all the available build slots at the factory are filled for the rest of the '06 model year, and they simply just can't take orders for any more '06 models. Same problem at Freightliner, everyone wanting to order '06 trucks before '07 regs kick in, we were told back in February that all production was already taken up thru the end of the year, and if anyone ordered a truck right then, it would be an '07 model.

As has been said before, considering that they've sold over twice as many as they'd planned, it could well be that orders have simply outstripped their available build rate, limited for whatever reason. This would explain the odd cutoff date.

_________________
Mitchell Oates
'87 MB 300D Diamond Blue Metallic
'87 MB 300D - R.I.P. 12/08
'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:29 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Posts: 3255
Location: SwampEast MO
retmil46 wrote:
Another possibility - considering the low rate that the CRD is produced at, it could be that all the available build slots at the factory are filled for the rest of the '06 model year, and they simply just can't take orders for any more '06 models. Same problem at Freightliner, everyone wanting to order '06 trucks before '07 regs kick in, we were told back in February that all production was already taken up thru the end of the year, and if anyone ordered a truck right then, it would be an '07 model.

As has been said before, considering that they've sold over twice as many as they'd planned, it could well be that orders have simply outstripped their available build rate, limited for whatever reason. This would explain the odd cutoff date.
I'm with you on this Mitch, I know that there is a platform change down the road for the Liberty but as yet have to hear when. I have heard it is '09, but then only a few people at D/C & jeep know for sure.

My old buddy at D/C has retired finally and now I know longer have an inside source. Not sure that even he was always being honest with me all the time, as he used to watch the these forums real regular. Heck he was a regular BS spreader for D/C on some forums back in the early days of the LX platform cars and before. I think he enjoyed it too much from what I could tell when talking with him about that and some other stuff. Guess I better shut my mouth before I here from him via a nasty gram.

_________________
91 MB 300D 2.5L Turbo. Her's

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:47 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 1137
Has anyone called DCX to ask if they are still taking orders for the CRD?

_________________
2005 LTD CRD RB1 NAV/Htd Leather seats/Amsoil EA filters
SunCoast Mega Trans & Billet TC/PML pan/Aux cooler
Fuel cooler/Lift Pump/10um Pri/Racor R490 2um Sec Fuel Filters
IronMan Lift/Shocks/Provent/Moog ball joints/ V6 Airbox/Fan/Hayden
Cobalt Boost/EGT/Oil/Trans/Volt gauges/Aeroturbine 2525
Yeti Hot Tune/Odessey 65/Samco's/Michelin Defenders


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ITS OVER
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:27 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:52 am
Posts: 514
Location: Zionsville, IN
vtdog wrote:
"I went into the dealership this afternoon to order a CRD Libby Limited. It turns out that Jeep stopped taking orders for the diesels at noon this last Wednesday."

The quote above was taken from another forum. Since it seems that there will be no CRD in '07 it appears that "its over". Based on the cutoff date (4/19/06) I suspect that DCX has just run out of Motoris to load up in the Liberty.


Manufactures introduce and discontinue models, so if we are happy with our purchases who cares if they pull it off the market!
If you plan on keeping this and are not concerned about rapid depreceation then parts are available and warranties will be honored.
In the bigger scheme, who cares?
It's a car, enjoy it but don't obsess over it!

_________________
2005 Black CRD Limited w/105,000 miles
Mann Provent 200, Airbox Mod, ORM Mod
New 545RFE, TC & Redesigned pump @ 25,020 miles
New EGR Flow Control Valve @ 25,020 miles
New Transfer Case input/output seals @ 32,787 miles
SEGR Kit @ 52,000 miles
SunCoast TC and Transgo Shift Kit @ 52,000 miles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:39 am 
Anyone familiar with the Hobbit movies with Golem - the creepy creature in a dark cave that covets a magical ring and only preaches "my precious, my precious" about that ring???

That's how I feel about this little diesel, especially if they discontinue it. I'll be in my garage chanting "my precious, my precious" for the next 15 years! :D Someone here will have to come rescue me back to real life :P


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:20 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Posts: 282
Location: Upper Midwest USA
I agree with retmil46 on this one. On some (should I say a lot) internet sites you have to wade through alot of BS to get to what's really going on.

I've said it before: If there is not a Liberty CRD in '07 it will primarily be due to stricter EPA emission requirements. It will also partially be due to the fact that ULSD is still not "in place" yet. In order to meet the stricter emission requirements ULSD is part of the equation.

I think DCX is committed to diesel technology in light duty vehicles (maybe I'm wrong). That's why we all saw Bluetec earlier this year. I think we'll see a diesel Grand Cherokee in late '08 (as an '09 model).

If we don't see a diesel Libby in '07, one will be available in '08 or '09 along with the restyling change.

I really don't see this "news" as anything negative about what we are driving. :roll:

_________________
2006 Liberty Limited CRD Bright Silver Metallic (NOW SOLD)
All Recalls Performed
100k extended warranty
Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (Oil Pan & Transfer Case)
V6 Airbox Mod
New Driveshaft, New EGR
2003 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, Bright Blue
2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 Door, Red Rock Crystal Pearl WOW!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:51 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:01 am
Posts: 1944
Location: Mooresville, NC
Ranger1 wrote:
Has anyone called DCX to ask if they are still taking orders for the CRD?


Exactly. Until I hear it from a credible source with DC, it's just a rumor.

_________________
Mitchell Oates
'87 MB 300D Diamond Blue Metallic
'87 MB 300D - R.I.P. 12/08
'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:38 am 
I have another friend looking at CRDs, so I asked Jeepwarehouse about ordering a CRD and here is their dealership response:

Quote:
I just checked the factory order system and Liberty diesels were still listed.
They could close any time now and it is getting close to the time where I cannot guarantee that an order will be built. Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, for example is now closed for the model year.

The supply of the diesel engines has been tight ever since they were introduced. I expect that engine option will be one of the first to close.

Rumor has it that the 2.8L will not be back for 2007. It is not ready for Blue Tech yet and probably will retire until the 2008 model year.

If your friends want a Liberty diesel, I would be getting the order in ASAP.
I only have two Sport diesels in stock and two more special order Limited in the pipeline.

Bill Shoemaker
Sales Manager
www.jeepwarehouse.com
(800) 339-7708 option 6


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:53 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Posts: 3255
Location: SwampEast MO
Now that sounds like a more realistc statement of a reliable person/source.

_________________
91 MB 300D 2.5L Turbo. Her's

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:20 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:30 am
Posts: 267
Location: Bedford, IN
I bought my CRD from Bill. He's a good guy, and his statements are honest and genuine.

_________________
My Jeep Liberty page

ORM, air filter mod, and less restrictive exhaust has increased my 'everyday' driving 3 mpg.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:34 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 am
Posts: 1150
Location: East Tennessee
Wow, sounds like that dealer is not only up to speed on current product (CRD), but also has knowledge of what is coming (Blue Tech). He's also smart enough not to bash his own product with a statement like "Too many problems." How unusual for a dealer. What is Blue Tech anyway? I keep seeing passing mentions of it, but haven't seen it explained. Educate me somebody?

_________________
Matt B.

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:40 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:56 pm
Posts: 1830
Location: Spokane, WA
Jeep has't eliminated any references of the CRD from their WEB site yet which I find interestiing. While they already have information up for many 2007 models already, they don't for the Liberty.

_________________
Dave

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:56 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:22 pm
Posts: 413
Location: UP of Michigan
Goglio704 do a search on Blue Tec Grand Cherokee in google and you will get a host of places to read about it.

_________________
2005 Silver Limited CRD 53,000 miles
GDE EcoTune / Trans tune
PML Differential Cover/Crankcase Mod
Tal & Hadas Grill Guard/TransGo Shift Kit
V-6 AirBox/Lunar Boost & EGT
Lund Cold Weather Grill Insert
OEM updated Filter Head, Cummins Lift Pump


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:38 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:01 am
Posts: 1944
Location: Mooresville, NC
alljeep wrote:
I have another friend looking at CRDs, so I asked Jeepwarehouse about ordering a CRD and here is their dealership response:

Quote:
I just checked the factory order system and Liberty diesels were still listed.
They could close any time now and it is getting close to the time where I cannot guarantee that an order will be built. Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, for example is now closed for the model year.

The supply of the diesel engines has been tight ever since they were introduced. I expect that engine option will be one of the first to close.

Rumor has it that the 2.8L will not be back for 2007. It is not ready for Blue Tech yet and probably will retire until the 2008 model year.

If your friends want a Liberty diesel, I would be getting the order in ASAP.
I only have two Sport diesels in stock and two more special order Limited in the pipeline.

Bill Shoemaker
Sales Manager
www.jeepwarehouse.com
(800) 339-7708 option 6


Oh my Gawd, you mean I may have actually been right? :shock: Excuse me while I check to see if it's snowing outside. :D

_________________
Mitchell Oates
'87 MB 300D Diamond Blue Metallic
'87 MB 300D - R.I.P. 12/08
'05 Sport CRD Stone White
Provent CCV Filter/AT2525 Muffler
Stanadyne 30 u/Cat 2 u Fuel Filters
Fumoto Drain/Fleetguard LF3487 Oil filter
V6 Airbox/Amsoil EAA Air Filter
Suncoast TC/Shift Kit/Aux Cooler
Kennedy Lift Pump/Return Fuel Cooler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:44 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 am
Posts: 1150
Location: East Tennessee
Yeah, I think you were right. The thing you have to remember is that calm common sense is not as entertaining as overblown panic and worry. Didn't have much luck Googling Blue Tech, so I am still ignorant as ever. :roll:

_________________
Matt B.

05 Limited CRD. Bought it new. 112k on the clock now.

GDE Eco-tune, rear differential drain plug (drilled and tapped the pumpkin), transmission pan drain plug, Fumoto oil valve, fuel filler neck restriction removed, front hitch, Hayden fan clutch, Sears P1 battery since 08, Mobil 1 5w40, 5 volt glow plugs, DIY timing belt at 109k


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com