2006 Liberty 3.7L (+114,000 miles) with Transfer Case Leak:As the garage floor finally dries off a bit from all the snow, I noticed a red fluid where the KJ is parked.
At first I was worried that it was a leak coming from the OEM Transfer Case Position Sensor I had recently replaced (you can see it's new in the second pic). I was careful during replacement, and did re-use the 0-ring from the defective one. I'm confident that it is not leaking from there.

So, after getting under the KJ and snapping a couple pics, it appears to be coming from the seal on the side where the linkage enters the Case.
There was a big red "drip" where the linkage bolts to the Case, but I moved the Transfer Case handle back and forth, and it dispersed…


- Is this an expensive repair?
- Do they have to drop the Transfer Case to repair?
- I won't have time to fix this week, and do trust our local Jeep Mechanic(s).
Thanks for your time and input!