It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441 ... 484  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm
Posts: 161
kiwi_outdoors wrote:

Looks good - what size rims do you have?


Stock 16in rims. The tires are 245/70r16

Sent from Tapatalk 2 because Tapatalk 4 sucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:09 am
Posts: 26
Took it back to the dealer so they could reseal the tranny that started leaking. They had it out about a year ago so they resealed it under warrantee and also did the rear pads. Only has 35K miles on it. What can I say?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Pittsburgh
Saturday at work (we weren't busy so I took advantage :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
I finally installed my ATH recovery points after having them rhino lined. While I had the bumper off I also trimmed it and took off the front diffuser. Went with yellow shackles since everything on my jeep is blacked out I wanted something to pop.
ImageImage

_________________
2012 brilliant black KK. Blacked out taillights and turn signals, 20% tint all around, debadged, 2" daystar, Fierce Attitude M/Ts 245/75/16. thats it...for now!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 pm
Posts: 1054
Got my front receiver welded on last night and finished the winch install today!

Front Receiver:
Image

To run the winch power cable I needed to drill a hole and cut notches in some plastic:
Image

Image

Image

Quick Disconnect made and mounted:
Image

Winch Mounted:
Image

Image

Getting some silicone gasket maker for the back of the quick disconnect so water doesn't get in there.

_________________
Custom Bumper & Rock Rails-JBA 4.5" Lift-Custom 4.5" HD Springs-16x8 M13 Rims-265/75 Pro Comp MT2s-Yukon 4.56s-Front DTT-Rear OX Air Locker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 pm
Posts: 1054
bigbt5978 wrote:
Saturday at work (we weren't busy so I took advantage :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
I finally installed my ATH recovery points after having them rhino lined. While I had the bumper off I also trimmed it and took off the front diffuser. Went with yellow shackles since everything on my jeep is blacked out I wanted something to pop.


Looking awesome bigbt!

_________________
Custom Bumper & Rock Rails-JBA 4.5" Lift-Custom 4.5" HD Springs-16x8 M13 Rims-265/75 Pro Comp MT2s-Yukon 4.56s-Front DTT-Rear OX Air Locker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:24 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:40 am
Posts: 340
Location: NJ/CT
Image
Finally!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
2008 KK Sport, 3.5 OME/Ironman lift, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs, ATH Front Shackles, ATH roof rails
Flowmaster super 44, 4.7L throttle body, K&N Cold Air Intake, Hypertech Max Energy Econ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:00 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 154
Location: York, PA
So this happened... I bought this bar that is supposed to be for a JK, and made some brackets out of 1/8" x 2" x 2" angle iron. It's solid and doesn't budge at all. Just need to figure out something to cover up the cuts. I accidentally cut the passenger side a little too wide, but other than that, it looks great. I wanted the look of the Mopar grille guard, but without the price. I spent a total of $80 for all of this.

Image
Image
Image

_________________
--Erik--
2008 Jeep KK Sport - Red Rock Crystal Pearl
ATH Front Recovery System
3" OME Lift Kit + Al's A-Arms
Cooper Adventurer A/T - 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:30 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 pm
Posts: 1054
Looking SIIIICK! Modest but strong haha.

_________________
Custom Bumper & Rock Rails-JBA 4.5" Lift-Custom 4.5" HD Springs-16x8 M13 Rims-265/75 Pro Comp MT2s-Yukon 4.56s-Front DTT-Rear OX Air Locker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 pm
Posts: 2377
Location: Lindenhurst, New York
I detailed the Jeep today. Did everything except clay bar it. She needs a good clay bar, touched up rock chips and a good waxing.

Oh I went up on the beach today. Played with the puppy there. He loved it, thank god. My whole family is made up of boaters so naturally I'm a water rat, and he better be too haha. Also played around on a few of the small rocks there. Nothing too big though, especially since my sliders are off for the time being...

_________________
2011 Deep Cherry Red KK - Skyslider - JBA/Bilstein Adjust-A-Strut set at 3.5" - OME 731 Rear Springs - Bilstein Rear Shocks - Al's A-arms - 245/75-16 Duratracs - Rock Liazard Super Sliders


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 809
Location: Omaha NE
Erikg84 wrote:
So this happened... I bought this bar that is supposed to be for a JK, and made some brackets out of 1/8" x 2" x 2" angle iron. It's solid and doesn't budge at all. Just need to figure out something to cover up the cuts. I accidentally cut the passenger side a little too wide, but other than that, it looks great. I wanted the look of the Mopar grille guard, but without the price. I spent a total of $80 for all of this.



You could take some hose, slit it length wise & trim it around the opening or use the door molding trim they sell in the aftermarket junk section at your local autoparts store.

_________________
08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 pm
Posts: 637
ISO the Kk grille does anyone have one extra really need one


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:31 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:40 am
Posts: 340
Location: NJ/CT
silverkk wrote:
ISO the Kk grille does anyone have one extra really need one
ill ask, what did you do lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
2008 KK Sport, 3.5 OME/Ironman lift, JBA A-Arms, 245/75/16 Duratracs, ATH Front Shackles, ATH roof rails
Flowmaster super 44, 4.7L throttle body, K&N Cold Air Intake, Hypertech Max Energy Econ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:45 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Huntsville AL
dcbelcher26 wrote:
silverkk wrote:
ISO the Kk grille does anyone have one extra really need one
ill ask, what did you do lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



X2

_________________
My Trips, Pics, & Build Thread w/ my 2011 KK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm
Posts: 161
Erikg84 wrote:
So this happened... I bought this bar that is supposed to be for a JK, and made some brackets out of 1/8" x 2" x 2" angle iron. It's solid and doesn't budge at all. Just need to figure out something to cover up the cuts. I accidentally cut the passenger side a little too wide, but other than that, it looks great. I wanted the look of the Mopar grille guard, but without the price. I spent a total of $80 for all of this.

Image
Image
Image


Nice! I might do something like that, although I think I would put a steel spacer block on top of the angle iron mounts so that the whole thing sits flush with the underside of the bumper. Then I could just drill mounting holes in the bumper and mount the bar right on top of it. Although making the spacer blocks would be a PITA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
Jeep has been traded in[CRYING FACE].
I have some parts if anyone wants to PM me. All of
Stock suspension and a arms Stock air box. Stock gas tank holder.
I also have a set of 4 Dodge Nitro steel rims with low mileage Winterforce tires mounted 225-75-16. Never installed set of AtTheHelms roof rails. Painted. Front receiver for KJ. Rear wiper blade. Shipping will be high on rims/tires so local pickup(?). Looking for 650 for them. Everything else cheap cheap cheap. PM I also have a set of AVS vent visors rear driver's side passenger is cracked if anyone needs a replacement other than that one. I'll miss my KK but my back & leg just couldn't handle the seat & footwell.
All those that think a Liberty isn't a Real Jeep o'well you'll never know what a great vehicle they are!
2-teraflex bump stops unused-Sold!
6 NKG spark plugs new never installed $15-CONUS


Last edited by Cherrie 274 on Mon May 11, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 154
Location: York, PA
Wearyman wrote:
Nice! I might do something like that, although I think I would put a steel spacer block on top of the angle iron mounts so that the whole thing sits flush with the underside of the bumper. Then I could just drill mounting holes in the bumper and mount the bar right on top of it. Although making the spacer blocks would be a PITA.


That was my original plan, but I too thought that spacer blocks or even some kind of raised mount would be a PITA... especially without anything to bend metal, or a welder. I also tried sitting the bar on the bumper to see how it would look on top, but because the bumper cover is flat then angles down, it would leave the front of the bar mount hanging over the edge. That's when I decided to go the 'through the bumper' option.

Unfortunately, I can't drive it much to show it off... My transmission output seal is leaking again... I just replaced it last weekend... :banghead: I'm going to try it one more time before I determine if it's my t-case output shaft that is worn down. I don't see any signs of excessive wear, but if it leaks again, I'm going to try putting a speedi-sleeve on it. Fingers crossed.

_________________
--Erik--
2008 Jeep KK Sport - Red Rock Crystal Pearl
ATH Front Recovery System
3" OME Lift Kit + Al's A-Arms
Cooper Adventurer A/T - 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 pm
Posts: 154
Location: York, PA
Cherrie 274 wrote:
Jeep has been traded in[CRYING FACE].
I have some parts if anyone wants to PM me. All of
Stock suspension. Stock air box. Stock gas tank holder.
I also have a set of 4 Nitro steel rims with low mileage Winterforce tires mounted 225-75-16. Never installed set of AtTheHelms roof rails. Painted. Front receiver for KJ. Rear wiper blade. Shipping will be high on rims/tires so local pickup(?). Looking for 650 for them. Everything else cheap cheap cheap. PM I also have a set of AVS vent visors rear driver's side passenger is cracked if anyone needs a replacement other than that one. I'll miss my KK but my back & leg just couldn't handle the seat & footwell.
All those that think a Liberty isn't a Real Jeep o'well you'll never know what a great vehicle they are!


:cry: sad to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, what did you trade it in for?

_________________
--Erik--
2008 Jeep KK Sport - Red Rock Crystal Pearl
ATH Front Recovery System
3" OME Lift Kit + Al's A-Arms
Cooper Adventurer A/T - 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
Ugly red pick-up. But power seat with lumbar support that I need. I'm back in a Dodge. Only pray it's as good as my KK was.
2012 Dodge Ram outdoorsman 4x4.
Dealer got a great KK for little$$.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 pm
Posts: 2377
Location: Lindenhurst, New York
Nice looking Ram. Best of luck with it. Is it the 5.7 or the new diesel?

_________________
2011 Deep Cherry Red KK - Skyslider - JBA/Bilstein Adjust-A-Strut set at 3.5" - OME 731 Rear Springs - Bilstein Rear Shocks - Al's A-arms - 245/75-16 Duratracs - Rock Liazard Super Sliders


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you done to your KK lately
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:29 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 pm
Posts: 637
JeepMonkey190 wrote:
dcbelcher26 wrote:
silverkk wrote:
ISO the Kk grille does anyone have one extra really need one
ill ask, what did you do lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



X2

dcbelcher26 wrote:
silverkk wrote:
ISO the Kk grille does anyone have one extra really need one
ill ask, what did you do lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nothing it's what I'm trying to do is the question


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441 ... 484  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com