It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:09 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm
Posts: 275
Looking for a headlight upgrade for my Liberty 2005


Anyone got LED Headlight install ?

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:50 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 pm
Posts: 2518
Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
A couple years ago I remember a thread where someone heated the headlight unit, removed the clear front lens, and glued in an LED 7" aftermarket unit from, IIRC, a Harley. I didn't read it thoroughly, so I could easily have it all mixed up, but it's been done.

_________________
'06 Lbrty Sprt CRD 150K

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm
Posts: 275
GordnadoCRD wrote:
A couple years ago I remember a thread where someone heated the headlight unit, removed the clear front lens, and glued in an LED 7" aftermarket unit from, IIRC, a Harley. I didn't read it thoroughly, so I could easily have it all mixed up, but it's been done.



I found an old tread from 2012, I also found a youtube video. The install is not perfect but I think it can be done correctly without too much problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pqsuRE ... e=emb_logo

I also bought a pair of LED headlight really similar to the one on the video. The e-bay seller advertise as a fit for the Jeep liberty but I don't think it's true !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm
Posts: 275
I'm surprised this tread doesn't get any interest...….. Is this part of the forum dead ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:09 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 pm
Posts: 2518
Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Interested, but I have limited income and things higher on the priority list at the moment.

_________________
'06 Lbrty Sprt CRD 150K

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm
Posts: 275
GordnadoCRD wrote:
Interested, but I have limited income and things higher on the priority list at the moment.


I paid 45$ USD for a set of 2.

I have em in my garage, tested them on a battery. they seem pretty bright especially on the high beam. They use 3 leds on passing beam and all 9 of em on high beam. they also have 2 small led strip on top and bottom for DRL.
And they have the DOT SAE E9 stamp on top of the plastic lens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 pm
Posts: 5277
Location: Central GA
I simply installed some good quality LED replacement bulbs a couple of years ago. Not as good as complete LED housings, but much less expensive. :D
Daylight 6k LED bulbs is still better than the yellowish light produced by halogen bulbs.

_________________
Proud Supporting Vendor of LOST
05 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited :JEEPIN:

Ironman Springs/Bilstein's
Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
Weeks ElbowKit/BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6Airbox
GM11 bld fan/NAPA HDclutch
IronrockArm/Cust.Mount
DodgeCummins,5"exh. Viair, Huge K&N


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm
Posts: 275
WWDiesel wrote:
I simply installed some good quality LED replacement bulbs a couple of years ago. Not as good as complete LED housings, but much less expensive. :D
Daylight 6k LED bulbs is still better than the yellowish light produced by halogen bulbs.


How much did you pay ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:58 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 pm
Posts: 5277
Location: Central GA
PZKW108 wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
I simply installed some good quality LED replacement bulbs a couple of years ago. Not as good as complete LED housings, but much less expensive. :D
Daylight 6k LED bulbs is still better than the yellowish light produced by halogen bulbs.


How much did you pay ?

A little less than $100.00 for the kit.

_________________
Proud Supporting Vendor of LOST
05 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited :JEEPIN:

Ironman Springs/Bilstein's
Yeti Stg4 MaxTune
Weeks ElbowKit/BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NOcat
V6Airbox
GM11 bld fan/NAPA HDclutch
IronrockArm/Cust.Mount
DodgeCummins,5"exh. Viair, Huge K&N


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 7" Inch LED Headlight
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm
Posts: 275
WWDiesel wrote:
PZKW108 wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
I simply installed some good quality LED replacement bulbs a couple of years ago. Not as good as complete LED housings, but much less expensive. :D
Daylight 6k LED bulbs is still better than the yellowish light produced by halogen bulbs.


How much did you pay ?

A little less than $100.00 for the kit.

Would you mind share the brand and model you got and how you would compared them to OEM headlight bulb ?

I wasn't sure what you meant by "much cheaper", I guess you read me wrong, I pad 45$ us for both.

The kit I bought looks like it's going to be a bit more work than I taught and I still probably get a problem cause of the "Day Running Light" system we have in Canada !!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com