dieselsmoke wrote:
Well, all i have read was that a bunch of guys did the cat filter mod and had air issues, not sure why? bad seal? not primed? who knows....So i have no clue what the thread pitch would be, the OD, standard, metric, all that bs i would have to figure out.....
What you think? what you run?
I run a 1R-0749 on my jeep. My wife's is OEM just because I don't want to answer questions if I bring it to the dealer on warranty. I think most problems with the Cat adapter were due to operator error. It happened to me too. I took mine back apart because there was fuel seeping out somewhere. Turns out it was the bleed screw! I had to take it out, lap it a little and then CRANK it down. I will never open it again because I have the lift pump.
Here's what I found on the web about cat filters and filter heads.
Quote:
Cheapest easiest, simplest way to add a CAT Filter is to purchase a Permacool Fuel Filter / Water Seperator Kit ($35.88 at Summit Racing.) and a CAT 1R-0750 filter from a CAT dealer for about $11.00.
Permacool makes 3 filter heads that use the 1"-14 Thread
Perma-Cool 88864 High Flow Filter Head (3/4" NPT Inlet / Outlet)
Perma-Cool 81794 High Performance Filter Head (Dual 1/2" NPT Inlet / Outlet)
Perma-Cool 81074 Universal Fuel Filter/Water Separator Kit
The CAT filters Thread up to the Permacool Filter heads Perfectly.