It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Window tinting
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:08 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:40 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Apex NC
How hard is it to remove the two front door panels and which tint give you the same look as the factory glass???
:-)r


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:57 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 5:35 pm
Posts: 249
Location: MI (metro detroit area)
I believe factory is 35%. I did my fronts at 30% just because I dont like people looking at me, lol.

_________________
~Miah~

2005 Liberty Renegade Dk Khaki
Stock

Pics!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:56 pm
Posts: 659
Location: Hudson, OH
I'm going to have 35% installed on the fronts on tuesday but the legal limit in ohio is 50% so I'm sort of worried :oops:

_________________
'05 KJ Renegade 3.7L
stuff
Lost Member Number: 051898


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:35 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
I have 15% on my fronts and it looks perfect. What are you talking about taking the door panels off? Just go and get them tinted. And why is that so funny. :?:

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 5:35 pm
Posts: 249
Location: MI (metro detroit area)
auggy wrote:
I'm going to have 35% installed on the fronts on tuesday but the legal limit in ohio is 50% so I'm sort of worried :oops:


In michigan we have stupid rules all over.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Any darkness can be applied 4" inches from the top of the window.
Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

I dont care, and most police are not going to pull you over for it since they dont really care either. However if you get pulled over and mouth off, you can pretty much bet that you will get written up for the windows too.

_________________
~Miah~

2005 Liberty Renegade Dk Khaki
Stock

Pics!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:56 pm
Posts: 659
Location: Hudson, OH
Yeah our laws are similar .. We can have any darkness on the rear windows but the fronts are 50% (except that it can't be reflective anywhere). And the windshield is the same.


I would never mouth off if I were stopped, my only worry is that my town cops are pretty bored because there is never anything for them to do and being 17 they are looking for me to do something wrong. I might go a bit lighter.

_________________
'05 KJ Renegade 3.7L
stuff
Lost Member Number: 051898


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:19 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:19 am
Posts: 484
Location: AZ
Jeepjeepster wrote:
I have 15% on my fronts and it looks perfect. What are you talking about taking the door panels off? Just go and get them tinted. And why is that so funny. :?:


My thoughts exactly... I think we're missing something.

_________________
Mike D.
2011 Brilliant Black KK Renegade 4x4 (New addition)
Image

2003 Atlantic Blue KJ 2WD
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:27 pm 
Offline
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 am
Posts: 945
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Where can you find out what your state laws are regarding this type of stuff?

_________________
LIBERTY or DEATH

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

Google rules.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:30 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Buchanan, MI
:shock: I bought a Geo (Hey! Stop Laughing! I was in college :lol: ), back in '89. I live on the Michigan/Indiana border, and bought it new, in Indiana. The ONE thing I specifically asked was, "Is that tint legal in my state"? The sales rep replied, "Oh, yeah. We sell to both states, and wouldn't be allowed to sell a vehicle that didn't comply with both states. I drove around, with 15% tinted windows quite happily, for about 3 mos. Then, I was pulled over in my home town, one day. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, since I wasn't speeding. (At least, not that time)

Anyway, the police officer informed me that my tinted side windows were illegal. As a good will gesture, he didn't ticket me, but told me if he saw me again, and I hadn't removed the tint, he'd have to do so. The dealership removed the tint, without charge.

Long story-short, MOST police will not say anything. HOWEVER, in small towns, where they might be bored............. :oops:

p.s. I found out that if the tint had been a factory tint, meaning 'in-the-glass' as opposed to applied tint, or on-the-glass, I would have been OK.

_________________
E.E.P. for my Jeep (EMPTYING EVERY POCKET)
2004 Limited - Stock no more
JcrOffroad sliders-Trail tested, mud approved
Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Stock tint?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:01 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:22 am
Posts: 421
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Any idea what the stock tint values are?

_________________
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 402
Location: Southern, MD
i had mine 20 percent and it matched fine, stock tint had a brownish tint but aftermarket tint had more of a grayish tint inside, outside matched fine

[img][img]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7408/renny009ke9.jpg[/img][/img]

_________________
Richey

0IIIIII0
2006 IMPACT ORANGE RUBICON
305 Mt/Rs MT Classic II's
2.5 lift
1.25 JKS BL
JKS quicker Discos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:03 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 5:35 pm
Posts: 249
Location: MI (metro detroit area)
05kjrenny wrote:
i had mine 20 percent and it matched fine, stock tint had a brownish tint but aftermarket tint had more of a grayish tint inside, outside matched fine


Mine is exactly the same situation. Not bad by any means, but I noticed immediately.

_________________
~Miah~

2005 Liberty Renegade Dk Khaki
Stock

Pics!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
Mines the same looking out from the inside.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:56 pm
Posts: 659
Location: Hudson, OH
If 20% is the stock value then I think I should be fine with 35% on the fronts .. it just has to look like I followed the laws by making the front lighter than the back .. right? :lol:

_________________
'05 KJ Renegade 3.7L
stuff
Lost Member Number: 051898


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 402
Location: Southern, MD
because the back is so dark the lighter tint on the front will appear darker!

_________________
Richey

0IIIIII0
2006 IMPACT ORANGE RUBICON
305 Mt/Rs MT Classic II's
2.5 lift
1.25 JKS BL
JKS quicker Discos


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com