It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: Long Island, NY
Done. That was EASY. It took me longer to vacuum out all the mud from under the battery than anything else!

I could swear that it started and even idled smoother! In my head, I know.

And bending the terminals was no biggie either.

I didn't need to modify anything on the tray for it to fit. I guess that's only a 2002 issue.

It looks so purdy in there, all bright and red! Tomorrow I have a long drive to take, so that should assume that its charge is topped off.


The only thing left to do is install that powertrax locker that's sitting on my work bench!

_________________
Adam
KJ is SOLD for a JK Rubi Unlimited!
2003 Renegade.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
Ohh yea, its charged. It takes that alternator about 10min to charge that thing. Im sure that it started faster, I noticed the same thing. We had it in our 94grand at first and it started ALOT better. I mean 1-2 cranks and it was started. I took it out and put my battery from my libby in there and its its at least 3-4 cranks to get it started. Those optimas are nice!

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com