It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: no j1850 bus msgs received, HELP!!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Austin, TX
I just installed the "ipod integration" on my 2005 liberty and after the install, I got the message: "no j1850 bus msgs received".
At the beginning of the install, when I disconnected the battery, I disconnected the + pole of the battery (my mistake). Maybe that is the reason, anyway I am stuck now, the car will not even drive?!?
How do I solve this problem?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:50 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:52 am
Posts: 3442
Location: Columbus, Ohio. USA
Your not giving us much information to go on. I noticed this is your first post so I'm going to ask is it a CRD (diesel) :?: It shouldn't matter what battery cable you removed but normally the negative is removed. Now if it's a CRD, give us some better/more symptoms and have you totally removed your Ipod?. Also the F31 recall is for CRD's not talking to "after market" scanners so that could be the answere to your ipod problem :shock:

_________________
Atlantic Blue 06 CRD Limited (his)
Joined by a 2000 XJ Classic (hers)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:31 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Austin, TX
It's a 2005 CRD, with 7000 miles, changed the oil at 6000 miles and never had any problems, it's a fun driving car. No mods.
I followed the MOPAR "ipod integration kit " directions.
When I turned the car back on, the message showed up.
I did not have time yesterday, but I could today try to just undo the ipod setup and see if the message disappears...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:36 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 3544
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Did a search on that code...alot of info about the origin and composition of the bus...but no solutions...sorry

_________________
Founder of L.O.S.T.
2006 CRD Sport

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:36 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Austin, TX
Joe Romas wrote:
Your not giving us much information to go on. I noticed this is your first post so I'm going to ask is it a CRD (diesel) :?: Also the F31 recall is for CRD's not talking to "after market" scanners so that could be the answere to your ipod problem :shock:


I took the "ipod integration" module out and now the system is back to normal!
There must be some incompatibility between the "ipod integration" module and the "bus".
Maybe, indeed the F31 recall could help...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Austin, TX
Could it be that te MOPAR ipod module is not compatible with the RBQ radio with the 6CD changer?
Sounds unlikely, though. Is there anybody who tried to install the MOPAR ipod integration kit?

_________________
2005 CRD 4X4 Limited
Mann Provent CCV Filter, V6 airbox
V-Tech RTS ECU tune
Side Air Bags, B100, Ipod kit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:59 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts: 644
See my sig, mine works fine but I have an 06 and the single CD player.

_________________
Feb/2006 Silver Sport 4x4 CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:56 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 167
willie wrote:
Could it be that te MOPAR ipod module is not compatible with the RBQ radio with the 6CD changer?
Sounds unlikely, though. Is there anybody who tried to install the MOPAR ipod integration kit?


You may just have a defective I-Pod interface Willie ... check out the write up from jparts.com about the ipod kit for 2005-2006 Liberty's ... RBQ isl isted as a compatible unit. It is possible that Chrysler made an error in the specs by listing RBQ as a compatible unit, but RBQ is used throughout many chryser-dodge-jeep cars. They'd have fixed that spec write up by now.

iPod Integration Kit(2005-2006)
[L82209616AC] $148.75 $144.29

Liberty
Enjoy your iPod even more and with more freedom and more control.
Integrates with RAZ, RBP,RBQ,RAH, RB1 and RBK radios
Fully compatible with 3G, 4G Mini, Photo, 40G Nano and iPod Video. iPod Shuffle will require use of auxilary input connector
Audio voice prompts guide you thru menu selections on RBK radio
Mopar's iPod integration kit provides a physical connection between the iPod and the vehicles audio system, resulting in digital audio quality
iPod and Mopar's iPoad interface cable is safely stored in glove box Interface cable allows the iPod to charge when the vehicle ignition is "On" Easily control iPod function via radio and multifunction steering wheel controls
Features Previous Track, Next Track, Browse Playlist/Artist/Albums/Genres, Shuffle and more
Install Time 1.0hrs
If using on RB1 Radio please indicate this in comments section of the order
Radio Model is imprinted on front face of radio.(Please indicate if using with a RB1 Nav System)
List Price $175.00

You Pay $148.75

_________________
'05 CRD, Midnight Blue. Every option. Nice ride, idles like a garbage truck :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com