It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Transmission Hesitates ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:07 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 41
Location: French Camp, CA
Hi, I'm new here, first post. I have an '06 Liberty Sport, and I think I may have some tranmission problems. I'm not sure if this happens all the time, but if do a hard take off from a stop it seems like the tranny hesitates shifting to 2nd, seems no problems from a slow start..any thoughts?

Thanks,

Felix


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:57 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
You don't mention Gas or Diesel.

Diesels have been having problems - although commonly stuttering at speed not a hesitation to shift - many posts down in the CRD section along with the recall information.

I haven't kept up with the gassers - but I haven't seen any long threads on transmission issues.

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 41
Location: French Camp, CA
Its the 3.7L "Gas" engine, also 4 X 4 if that makes a difference.

_________________
2006 Liberty Sport 4 X 4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:59 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 am
Posts: 1845
Location: Monterey Bay, Ca
If you take it to the dealer a reflash can work wonders on it. Mine shifted lame, kind of jolted into second. Took them 10-15 minutes and it was normal again. Good luck!

_________________
Nanette

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:22 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 41
Location: French Camp, CA
I'll add that in when I take it for the ball joints.

_________________
2006 Liberty Sport 4 X 4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:08 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 122
Location: NJ
Mine hesitates sometimes from the ESP. If I shut the ESP it seems like it accelerates better especially over bumpy roads. Maybe try it w/ ESP off and see.

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty 65th Edition, 4x4, Auto
Mopar Borla Single Side Exhaust
Mopar Full Skids and Tow Hooks

1991 Pontiac Firebird, 305TBI w/ 5 spd manual, Black w/ T-Tops, Pretty much all stock


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Long Island, NY
Mine shifts so much better with the Jet chip Stage 1 I installed.

_________________
2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4X4 - Auto - Off Road Package
Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic Motor Oil
General Grabber HTS 235/70/16
Flowmaster Series 40 Delta Flow Exhaust cat-back system
K&N 63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit
Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion Spark Plugs
Hella 500FF Free-Form Fog Lamp Kit
Sony Xplod CDX-GT620IP Head Unit w/Sony Xplod Speakers


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com