It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Libby tows stuck cars Blizzard #3 2006
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:24 pm
Posts: 902
Hey,
Just wanted to praise our Liberty for its performance in our second blizzard in the past week. It had no problem getting my wife to work today and on the way back home I had run across several 2wd vehicles stuck in snow or ditched. Libby performed admirably. I can honestly say I didn't even "feel" the rig pulling any of the vehicles out. I put her in 4 LOW for each extraction and she didn't even flinch as I stepped on the gas.

To think my neighbor told me that if my wife's Jeep ever got stuck to give him a call; he owns a Ford 150 4x4. Maybe I should also make him a similar offer?

Drew

PS Friendly hint: If offering assistance insist that the driver install the tow rope on their own vehicle to limit your liability as a good samaritan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:21 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Quote:
PS Friendly hint: If offering assistance insist that the driver install the tow rope on their own vehicle to limit your liability as a good samaritan.
That's a very good tip,I never attach a rope/chain to another vehicle unless it's my own.I've pulled many bumbers off vehicles and by making the stuck person attach it to there vehicle I'm not at fault for what I pull off there vehicle.Cops are the best,many think the plastic bumber covers are sturdy enough to attach to,it's funning dragging around a cruiser bumber around town.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Libby tows stuck cars Blizzard #3 2006
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:42 am
Posts: 2122
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Drewd wrote:
Hey,
Just wanted to praise our Liberty for its performance in our second blizzard in the past week. It had no problem getting my wife to work today and on the way back home I had run across several 2wd vehicles stuck in snow or ditched. Libby performed admirably. I can honestly say I didn't even "feel" the rig pulling any of the vehicles out. I put her in 4 LOW for each extraction and she didn't even flinch as I stepped on the gas.

To think my neighbor told me that if my wife's Jeep ever got stuck to give him a call; he owns a Ford 150 4x4. Maybe I should also make him a similar offer?

Drew

PS Friendly hint: If offering assistance insist that the driver install the tow rope on their own vehicle to limit your liability as a good samaritan.


Are you located in Colorado?

I pulled a powerstroke superduty dually out of a drift he was mired in last week. He was really skeptical, and a little embarassed to be taking a strap from a liberty. I didn't take a picture because I didn't want to embarass him any more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Libby tows stuck cars Blizzard #3 2006
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:22 pm 
Offline
Master of the Blender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:21 pm
Posts: 2804
Location: Margaritaville
CATCRD wrote:
I didn't take a picture because I didn't want to embarass him any more.

Aw man, that is EXACTLY when you need to take pictures!

_________________
Kevin
AD5VG
Just another red Jeep in the world...
L.O.S.T. #KB051963


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:58 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:24 pm
Posts: 902
Yep, I'm located just North of Colorado Springs or just South of Monument pass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Denver, CO
We had some Denver towing adventures, too. We pulled an older Mercedes ML430 out with the CRD. First, I could NOT believe how effortlessly it pulled a 5000lb vehicle from an inclined spot! Second, I COULD believe how stupid the MB driver was. I saw him spinning down to the ice and stopped him - "did you put it in low range?" I asked? "I don't have a low range," he replied. I said, "Yes, it's activated by a button on the dash." That was followed by, "Oh, never used it in six years - what's it do?" Ugggh. We tried to activate it, but no luck. Tried again and - BAM. Activated, but against its will. When that didn't get him out, we just towed him in one, effortless pull. We then spent the rest of that day and the next rescuing neighbors. It was so much fun watching the look on people's faces when the little Liberty just did it's job - no fuss! God, I love this truck.

_________________
<b>2005 Liberty CRD Limited</b>
Atlantic Blue, Navigation, Sirius,
Park Distance Control,
Parrot Bluetooth system;
Custom heated, leather seats (black on the side bolsters, Atlantic Blue center);
Skid plate package, Michelin Cross-Terrains
<b>2007 Mercedes ML320 CDI (twin-turbo V6 diesel)
2008 Mercedes C350 Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Denver, CO
The next day, I pulled a 2WD Navigator from Texas out of a drift. :lol:

_________________
<b>2005 Liberty CRD Limited</b>
Atlantic Blue, Navigation, Sirius,
Park Distance Control,
Parrot Bluetooth system;
Custom heated, leather seats (black on the side bolsters, Atlantic Blue center);
Skid plate package, Michelin Cross-Terrains
<b>2007 Mercedes ML320 CDI (twin-turbo V6 diesel)
2008 Mercedes C350 Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:56 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
I pulled a 30' motorhome out of the mud. Plenty of power but traction was the issue. Got a little momentum going and out she came.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:24 pm
Posts: 902
Colorado CRD owners. I just wanted to tell you that you don't have to worry about snow for the rest of the winter season. We will NOT have any more snow. Reason: I just blew a %^&*(^ of money on a new snowblower yesterday and let's say I if I didn't have bad luck, I would have any luck at all :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:43 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Denver, CO
Thanks, Drewd!!!

_________________
<b>2005 Liberty CRD Limited</b>
Atlantic Blue, Navigation, Sirius,
Park Distance Control,
Parrot Bluetooth system;
Custom heated, leather seats (black on the side bolsters, Atlantic Blue center);
Skid plate package, Michelin Cross-Terrains
<b>2007 Mercedes ML320 CDI (twin-turbo V6 diesel)
2008 Mercedes C350 Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 282
Location: FL
Drewd wrote:
Colorado CRD owners. I just wanted to tell you that you don't have to worry about snow for the rest of the winter season. We will NOT have any more snow. Reason: I just blew a %^&*(^ of money on a new snowblower yesterday and let's say I if I didn't have bad luck, I would have any luck at all :-)

Because we had two direct hurricane hits during the 2005 season, I blew a couple grand on a generator for the house. Consequently, we had no hurricanes here at all in 2006. Since our major power tools deter the events they are meant for, I suspect we shop at the same stores. Or have the same luck.

_________________
Thanks,
Ken Jennings
2006 KJ Limited 4x4 CRD, Option Pkg G, Lt. Khaki, Built 1 Feb 2006
Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:59 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:24 pm
Posts: 902
So, I'm not the only one. BTW, don't be too hard on me for causing diesel fuel prices to increase. Diesel was cheaper than gasoline before I bought my first diesel. Sooner thereafter, it was more expensive. Go figure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:32 pm
Posts: 378
Location: Danville, Va
Drewd wrote:
So, I'm not the only one. BTW, don't be too hard on me for causing diesel fuel prices to increase. Diesel was cheaper than gasoline before I bought my first diesel. Sooner thereafter, it was more expensive. Go figure.


I thought I was the cause for that.

_________________
O|||||||O

LOST #-169388
'79 CJ-5
32x11.50x15
304 V8

'08 Chevorlet HHR
Victory Red
Stock for now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:53 am
Posts: 101
Location: Covington, WA
KJMedic wrote:
Drewd wrote:
So, I'm not the only one. BTW, don't be too hard on me for causing diesel fuel prices to increase. Diesel was cheaper than gasoline before I bought my first diesel. Sooner thereafter, it was more expensive. Go figure.


I thought I was the cause for that.


I 3rd this one... :) I went to diesel when premium unleaded hit $3/gal. Traded a nice Lexus IS300 in for the diesel... now look at the prices... for that 2MPH difference, I feel ripped. LOL

And no heated butt-warmers in my Libby!! Waaah!

_________________
Lance Zielinski
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland CRD
2000 VW New Beetle GLS TDI (sold)
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited (sold)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:31 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 11:17 am
Posts: 83
Location: Newfoundland
Thats pretty funny, 3 of my freinds dropped $10k or more (CDN) on new skidoos this year, and we've had the warmest winter in many years so far!!!! Usually by now we are up to our armpits in snow...right now there might be 8" on the ground!!! Crazy

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the CRD's performance in snow....I've had lots of different 4x4 vechicles in the past, but the mix of wieght, the electronic traction control and smooth power delivery of a turbo diesel makes for a lot of fun in the white stuff!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com