It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:54 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:56 pm
Posts: 1830
Location: Spokane, WA
Many of us are seeing a 2% fast speedometer reading and a 6>7% low odometer reading with OEM tires. A few others have seen dramatically different readings both high and low.

_________________
Dave

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:05 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
I get an average of 305 miles per tank. I also drive much faster than pretty much anyone here. I have NEVER been passed by a KJ or GC on the autobahn. I have only seen one SRT8 and it was on the dragstrip.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:44 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 190
Location: Billtown PA
My odometer is way off. See my old post. Hope to check it with a GPS one of these days.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=11605&start=0

_________________
Little Mack---06 Atlantic Blue CRD Sport born 5/17/06, rescued 7/31/06
Mods: Daystar 2.5" Lift, OME Long Travel Shocks and HD Struts, Firestone Destination AT's (245/75R16), Fumoto Drain Valve
Gone but not forgotten:
97 VW Passat TDI
89 VW Jetta diesel
540,000+ diesel miles since 12/89!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:37 pm
Posts: 6
well, I usually cruise 75-85 just curiuous who else does this and what mileage they get?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 12:42 pm
Posts: 190
Location: West, IN
I cruise on long trips between 75-80 (dropping down to 70 in more dense traffic) and get about 450 miles with 17 gallons. This seems fairly consistent (within a mile or two MPG) even in more mountainous areas.

I have noticed that my GPS consistently shows my speed being 2-3 miles lower than what shows on my speedometer. Is this true for anyone else? I wonder if there is more miles stacking up on the odometer since the speed is reading higher than actual?

_________________
Steel Blue 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD :JEEPIN:
Mopar Skid Plates/GDE Programmer/Fumoto Oil Valve
80K+ miles & still smiling :D

Sold: Silver 06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:50 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 228
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
My speedometer is 3-4 MPH lower than my actual speed according to my GPS. New tires didn't change a thing.

_________________
2006 Dk. Khaki Limited (BD 4/18/06)
-Mopar Tow Pkg. and Skids
-Magnaflow
-Fumoto Valve
-Provent 200, ORM
-Rotella T 5w/40
-V6 Air Box
-245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer CTS
-Amsoil EAA201 air filter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: GPS Recommendations
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:10 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 282
Location: FL
While we're on the subject of using GPS to verify odometer and spedometer accuracy... I figured out my odometer is reporting fewer miles than reality and I need to get a GPS. Anyone have recommendations for a good GPS?

_________________
Thanks,
Ken Jennings
2006 KJ Limited 4x4 CRD, Option Pkg G, Lt. Khaki, Built 1 Feb 2006
Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:44 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 12:42 pm
Posts: 190
Location: West, IN
I've been very happy with my Garmin Nuvi 350. It has a lot of useful features including stating the street/road names prior to turns rather than just "turn right in 500 feet", and being able to walk around with it in the city since it is small enough for my shirt pocket. I noticed that the prices are coming down substantially on all GPSs since more potent models are coming out.

Again, I am very satisfied with my Garmin.

_________________
Steel Blue 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD :JEEPIN:
Mopar Skid Plates/GDE Programmer/Fumoto Oil Valve
80K+ miles & still smiling :D

Sold: Silver 06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:41 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Posts: 3255
Location: SwampEast MO
Did a road trip yesterday and just using the ODO on the Jeep it checked in with 25 MPG's which is not bad since the CC was locked in at 76 mph and there were several ocassions where I hit 85 to 90 while passing a semi. If I remember correctly that was 2400 rpm. I just find it so unreal, even though I know the science as to why, that the difference in 10 mph of 65 mph vs 75 mph is 6 mpg to 8 mpg difference in fuel ecomony depending on fuel, weather and other factors. We normally drive the Jeep about 65 to 70 mph and average about 28 to 32 mpg when maintaining those speeds, I did average 32 mpg on a trip to MI last spring will driving only 65 to 67 mph. Hey the return trip I burned up the highway with CC set at 78 mph for most of the trip and only averaged about 23/24 mpg for the return trip. I remember it really supprised me what the difference in mpg's was with the speed factor for the return trip.

_________________
91 MB 300D 2.5L Turbo. Her's

05 MB E320 CDI. Mine


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com