It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What is the best brush guard to buy, and where to get it?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:07 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:04 am
Posts: 3
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, and I am looking for a inexpensive but good brush guard that I can install some lights on that will look good. Where is a good place to buy one for a good price? I am in Lexington, KY.

http://www.frascone.com/gallery2?g2_vie ... 099ea1bea1

Thanks!!

_________________
_____________________
Andrew Frascone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:26 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:22 pm
Posts: 353
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Welcome to LOST! I can not help you with the brush guard but be sure to stop into the Midwest Section here. We just got back from a trip to Lexington, KY and are planning another trip there soon.

Hope you can make it out with us sometime!!

_________________
Image
Rusty's 2.5 Coil Lift
245/75/16 Goodyear DuraTrac
L.O.S.T Midwest #058429


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:56 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:04 am
Posts: 3
Nice. Is there anyplace to off-road in Lexington??? Do you guys meet?

_________________
_____________________
Andrew Frascone


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is the best brush guard to buy, and where to get it
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:17 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Posts: 816
Location: SLC, Utah
AndyFrascone wrote:
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4, and I am looking for a inexpensive but good brush guard that I can install some lights on that will look good. Where is a good place to buy one for a good price?

There are quite a few brush guards available. Many can be found on my KJ Links and Parts site:

http://www.youngs.org/kjparts/default.asp?category=14

_________________
09 Yellow JK Rubicon LOST #TY050608
TeraFlex 4" long arm lift, 35" BFG KO2s, Tatton driveshaft, Riddler diff covers, RIPP headers,
MBRP off road exhaust, Cobra C75WXST, Little Passengers 3rd row seat

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:22 pm
Posts: 353
Location: Indianapolis, IN
AndyFrascone wrote:
Nice. Is there anyplace to off-road in Lexington??? Do you guys meet?


Here is a map of the area we went to on are last trip. The 49er Truck stop is at exit 49 on I-75. We are planning another trip right now. Just look in the Midwest section.

Image

_________________
Image
Rusty's 2.5 Coil Lift
245/75/16 Goodyear DuraTrac
L.O.S.T Midwest #058429


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:59 am
Posts: 707
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
I would'nt bother with a brush guard unless all you want it for is looks.

They tend to bend and stick into headlights and radiators, and get caught on brush and snag you.

I would look into a new bumper....more protection, plus some come with a bull bar.

_________________
"Earth first, we'll Jeep the other planets later"

-2007 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Overland Expeditions


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:03 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:52 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Califon, New Jersey
zeero wrote:
I would'nt bother with a brush guard unless all you want it for is looks.

They tend to bend and stick into headlights and radiators, and get caught on brush and snag you.

I would look into a new bumper....more protection, plus some come with a bull bar.


i agree

_________________
O&M Engineering
www.om-eng.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:24 pm
Posts: 677
zeero wrote:
I would'nt bother with a brush guard unless all you want it for is looks.

They tend to bend and stick into headlights and radiators, and get caught on brush and snag you.

I would look into a new bumper....more protection, plus some come with a bull bar.


Thats why I took mine off. I'd try to sell it to ya, but you've got an 06.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:42 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:15 am
Posts: 39
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
if you still want a brush guard i got 1 off of ebay for 100$ plus shipping which came to about 450 can $
made by smittybilt, stainless steel when i get some pics i will post them mine looks great

_________________
inferno red 06 Limited
charcoal int
select trac
esp
3" lift
245/65/17 wild counrty tires (cheap + great traction)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 3
fast1 wrote:
if you still want a brush guard i got 1 off of ebay for 100$ plus shipping which came to about 450 can $
made by smittybilt, stainless steel when i get some pics i will post them mine looks great


Did you have any trouble fitting the brush guard? I got the stainless steel smittybilt one off ebay also for my 06 Sport CRD, but the brackets hit the bumper when I try to attach them. Did you have to cut your bumper to make the brackets fit?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:15 am
Posts: 39
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
i had to make two cuts were the tow hooks would go the whole install only took me about an hour and a half

_________________
inferno red 06 Limited
charcoal int
select trac
esp
3" lift
245/65/17 wild counrty tires (cheap + great traction)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 3
fast1 wrote:
i had to make two cuts were the tow hooks would go the whole install only took me about an hour and a half


You're taking about the two outlined panels on the bottom of the bumper? I was thinking about cutthing those out, but it seemed like the bracket would still hit the bumper. Good to know. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com