It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: AFtermarket Warranty - Anyone have this?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:51 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Lower NY
When I purch my Lib I was given some lit about extending the original warranty - for something like $1500! As it was getting close to expiring I kept getting these mailers saying "Your warranty is about to expire! Extend it now!" Well, my original 3yr 36k or whatever has expired and I still keep getting this crap! Are they gonna haunt me forever? Did anyone actually buy this and is it worth anything? Will the dlrs even honor it? Will the mail stop? Will Batman & Robin escape the clutches of the dastardly villian?

_________________
My pics!!
'03 Rennie w/all Tupperware
Custom Roof Basket
Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFtermarket Warranty - Anyone have this?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:02 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:32 pm
Posts: 412
Location: Dover AFB Delaware
Cacher123 wrote:
Well, my original 3yr 36k or whatever has expired


You original was only for 3 yrs/39k?? How did I manage to get a 7yr/70K??

~JUD 8)

_________________
JuDdY

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:44 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:37 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Vincennes,IN
3yr/36mo is the bumper to bumper warranty the 7/70 is only on the powertrain....

_________________
'05 Bright Silver Sport CRD
245/70/16 BFG AT KOs (On the second set now.....First set was replaced at 106K miles)
some stereo stuff.........
L.O.S.T. #053490


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:45 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:32 pm
Posts: 412
Location: Dover AFB Delaware
Bonehead wrote:
3yr/36mo is the bumper to bumper warranty the 7/70 is only on the powertrain....


OOOOOH yeah :oops: Sorry

~JUD 8)

_________________
JuDdY

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AFtermarket Warranty - Anyone have this?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:14 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:59 am
Posts: 345
Cacher123 wrote:
Are they gonna haunt me forever? Did anyone actually buy this and is it worth anything? Will the dlrs even honor it? Will the mail stop? Will Batman & Robin escape the clutches of the dastardly villian?


Our poor heroes will be faced with the dilema of throwing the offers in the trash every day... I'm tossing them by the tons (well maybe one per week). I think it is sort of like insurance for your vehicle- but for "warranty" items, there seems to be a lot of fine print on what they will cover.

_________________
Frankenlift
Boulderbars
All J Tranny skid
31x9.5 SS TSLs!
Detroit Truetrac/Powertrax
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062875


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:21 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Lower NY
Quote:
I think it is sort of like insurance for your vehicle-

- I get that Junk mail also - about "Jeep" car insurance. Claims to be cheaper than my current insurer. I may actually look into it when mine expires.

Quote:
but for "warranty" items, there seems to be a lot of fine print on what they will cover.

That was my feeling and it's super expensive. I would think if there were any "defects' they would have surfaced by now and that's actually all they cover.

_________________
My pics!!
'03 Rennie w/all Tupperware
Custom Roof Basket
Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:34 pm 
I bought the DC extended warrenty and I receive those stupid third party warrenty offers as well.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: AFTERMARKET SERVICE CONTRACTS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 546
Location: Kansas City, Mo
it has been my experience that the aftermarket service contracts are CRAP. if you are thinking about getting a contract go with the Mopar service contract. You might pay a little more but when it comes time to take it in for repairs the hassle of the aftermarket contracts will make it worth it.


Parakeet

_________________
Oh MAN I got NATURE on my Jeep. :)
05 KJ Renny that took the bad economy bullet

89 XJ that thinks tax time is Christmas

I will have another KJ I promise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:12 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:27 pm
Posts: 1017
Location: Long Island, NY
I bought an aftermarket warranty on day one. Better rate that way. I paid $1k for a 10/100 TRUE BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty. It's got every bell and whistle you can imagine. Even glass chips and door dings are covered! I got it from 1SourceWarranty. Since it's piggybacking a long powertrain warranty, they give you a break on price.

I used it once so far, to replace the parking brake handle inside the Jeep ($300+ item). They paid. I have $0 ded.

I did a lot of research before buying and found them to have a good reputation. You can go anywhere to use it. My local dealer did the brake repair and they dealt with the company. My local mechanic also said he's dealt with them before without much problems (just arguing with him over allowable hours). But they do pay.

$1k was cheap piece of mind for my first American car purchase in, well, EVER (new that is).

_________________
Adam
KJ is SOLD for a JK Rubi Unlimited!
2003 Renegade.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com