It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: "Diesel Oil change coupon not valid for your CRD"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:38 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Couple of weeks ago I got this letter saying that my oil change is due blabla.....

On the bottom it had a coupon attached which was saying that my next oil change would only cost $47. It said "Diesel Truck" in big letters over it.
Well I thought this had to be valid for me anyway since the big diesel trucks need much more oil. When I got there the Service guy looked at me funny and asked the other service woman something. Then he asked me: "You get Diesel Oil? Why does this say $47, is your oil change that expensive? What do you usually pay?" Me:"$90" He told me to go wait in the waiting room till everything was done. Before I even sat down I heard my name over the PA system.

Well I went back to his desk and he told me that my coupon wouldnt be valid for my Jeep since it needs synthetic oil. I just told him that I am not paying $90 for an oil change and left. I was furious, still am. DC must think Im stupid.

_________________
2005 CRD Sport
Mods: Glasspack, OME HD Struts & Springs, 2" Daystar lift,
255/70/16 General Grabber AT2's on MOAB's
ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:29 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
I think my dealer charges me $95 for a change. Oil, filter and so type of inspection check and they really do it. Normally I get a pen, dealer marquee post-its and some candy when I get in the Jeep. If it is really muddy they even do a quick wash with it. So for the service I get it ain't half bad. They have good customer service compared tot eh US and since in Germany there is no customer service.....:D

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:29 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 4:27 pm
Posts: 2130
Location: Dayton, OH
AAHHH!

I couldnt imagine paying $90 for an oil change. I do my own for less than 40 and have oil left over. About $16/gal for Rotella T at wally world and something like $6 for the Napa Gold (WIX) oil filter.

So we will say

$4/qt * 6.4 =25.6 + 7 = 32.60

I spin on a new filter every 5K and change oil at 10K So this thing is costing me about $40 every 10K miles. That is something I can live with.

_________________
It may be that your only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

06 CRD Sport
Built 5/11/06
Jeep Green
Rocklizard diff cover
V6 Airbox


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:45 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 2733
Location: Atlanta GA
jinstall wrote:
I think my dealer charges me $95 for a change. Oil, filter and so type of inspection check and they really do it. Normally I get a pen, dealer marquee post-its and some candy when I get in the Jeep. If it is really muddy they even do a quick wash with it. So for the service I get it ain't half bad. They have good customer service compared tot eh US and since in Germany there is no customer service.....:D


It's not the US, it's the dealership. My wife's car is a "luxury brand" and we use a local dealer for oil changes since it's only 2 miles from the house. Do I pay a little more? Sure, around 50 for an oil change and fluid check. Here's what I get:
- Polite people that speak to me as if they actually care what I think
- Full synthetic oil (Mobil1, I think)
- Full wash and vacumn afterwards
- Free pastries, coffee, bottled water, and pastries.

At the Chrysler/Jeep dealer one block away, I get:
- a service manager with whom I can barely make out the words he is speaking
- genuine disinterest in the fact that I'm a customer and I'm there to pay for a service
- a crappy lounge with vending machines
- dirty handprints all over my interior after they drive it around the shop

If I'm going to be paying for a premium service, I want to at least be treated that way.

_________________
Image
2005 Silver CRD Limited :JEEPIN:
245/75R16 GoodYear Duratracs
Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:53 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 282
Location: FL
dgeist wrote:
...
At the Chrysler/Jeep dealer one block away, I get:
- a service manager with whom I can barely make out the words he is speaking
- genuine disinterest in the fact that I'm a customer and I'm there to pay for a service
- a crappy lounge with vending machines
- dirty handprints all over my interior after they drive it around the shop

If I'm going to be paying for a premium service, I want to at least be treated that way.


Dude!?! You get vending machines?! Wish I were so lucky. I just get the crappy lounge. Most annoyingly, I frequently get point 4 on your list, too.

_________________
Thanks,
Ken Jennings
2006 KJ Limited 4x4 CRD, Option Pkg G, Lt. Khaki, Built 1 Feb 2006
Tow Package for myself, EVIC TPM
Side Curtain Airbags for my daughter
http://www.kenjennings.cc/crd/dieselexp.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:54 am 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
KenJennings wrote:
dgeist wrote:
...
At the Chrysler/Jeep dealer one block away, I get:
- a service manager with whom I can barely make out the words he is speaking
- genuine disinterest in the fact that I'm a customer and I'm there to pay for a service
- a crappy lounge with vending machines
- dirty handprints all over my interior after they drive it around the shop

If I'm going to be paying for a premium service, I want to at least be treated that way.


Dude!?! You get vending machines?! Wish I were so lucky. I just get the crappy lounge. Most annoyingly, I frequently get point 4 on your list, too.




Yea. We have nice enough people at the service dept, but the couch is old and nasty, and the coffee pot looks like it has mud in there. There was a Valentines Day heart candy thing in there last time I was there, but no candies left. Has a TV, but they thing is always on CNN. Bummer.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
dgeist wrote:
jinstall wrote:
I think my dealer charges me $95 for a change. Oil, filter and so type of inspection check and they really do it. Normally I get a pen, dealer marquee post-its and some candy when I get in the Jeep. If it is really muddy they even do a quick wash with it. So for the service I get it ain't half bad. They have good customer service compared tot eh US and since in Germany there is no customer service.....:D


It's not the US, it's the dealership. My wife's car is a "luxury brand" and we use a local dealer for oil changes since it's only 2 miles from the house. Do I pay a little more? Sure, around 50 for an oil change and fluid check. Here's what I get:
- Polite people that speak to me as if they actually care what I think
- Full synthetic oil (Mobil1, I think)
- Full wash and vacumn afterwards
- Free pastries, coffee, bottled water, and pastries.

At the Chrysler/Jeep dealer one block away, I get:
- a service manager with whom I can barely make out the words he is speaking
- genuine disinterest in the fact that I'm a customer and I'm there to pay for a service
- a crappy lounge with vending machines
- dirty handprints all over my interior after they drive it around the shop

If I'm going to be paying for a premium service, I want to at least be treated that way.


Ok I forgot few things. They take me to and pick me up from work if I need it. Always fresh coffee or juice. Cookies and sometimes fresh brotchen. It is ALWAYS clean there. Plus they have a great amount of useless Jeep/Chrysler trinkets that you can buy there. The mechanics never get into the car dirty as the shop is clean and tidy. They can service about 12 cars at a time there.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Posts: 282
Location: Upper Midwest USA
When I needed my first oil change I called the dealer and they quoted me $105. :shock: I got up off the floor and asked "What if I bring in my own oil" and they emphasized that it needed to be Mobil 1 0w-40 and said they would charge like $35 for the labor and filter.

I went and bought my Mobil1 0w-40, had them perform the oil change and have never been back for an oil change since. To me $105 is a ridiculous price to pay for an oil change...I'll do it myself thank you.

I don't think my dealer is necessarily "ripping me off" per se; they are just charging me their prices. I can do it cheaper; it doesn't take that long; it's not hard; and I know what oil was put in my vehicle. :wink:

_________________
2006 Liberty Limited CRD Bright Silver Metallic (NOW SOLD)
All Recalls Performed
100k extended warranty
Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (Oil Pan & Transfer Case)
V6 Airbox Mod
New Driveshaft, New EGR
2003 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, Bright Blue
2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 Door, Red Rock Crystal Pearl WOW!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:27 am
Posts: 640
Local dealer here charges $ 54 for CRD change with the Mobil oil & filter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:38 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
vtdog wrote:
Local dealer here charges $ 54 for CRD change with the Mobil oil & filter


Thats crazy, they cant do that. How is DC going to justify different prices at different dealers?

_________________
2005 CRD Sport
Mods: Glasspack, OME HD Struts & Springs, 2" Daystar lift,
255/70/16 General Grabber AT2's on MOAB's
ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:09 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Location,location,location.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:27 am
Posts: 640
I don't want to add insult to injury, but I get free oil changes (2/year) for life of car as part of purchase


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:37 am
Posts: 164
Location: Bellingham, WA
I bring my Shell Rotella 5W-40 and they charge me $28. Plus they hand wash and vac my car out. Done in about 30min. Worth it in my book.

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited
1983 Mercedes Benz 240D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:38 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
I went to the Goodyear place that always works on my tires and they will charge me $10 if I bring filter and Oil. Can I buy a filter at Advance auto parts, or Autozone, or Walmart?

_________________
2005 CRD Sport
Mods: Glasspack, OME HD Struts & Springs, 2" Daystar lift,
255/70/16 General Grabber AT2's on MOAB's
ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:10 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Endurance wrote:
I went to the Goodyear place that always works on my tires and they will charge me $10 if I bring filter and Oil. Can I buy a filter at Advance auto parts, or Autozone, or Walmart?




You can get a Napa Gold oil filter (Wix) at NAPA auto stores. Or, I just noticed my Wal-mart is now carring Motorcraft (Ford) filters for the CRD which is a darn good filter.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:52 pm
Posts: 131
Location: Keller, TX
BVCRD wrote:
Endurance wrote:
I went to the Goodyear place that always works on my tires and they will charge me $10 if I bring filter and Oil. Can I buy a filter at Advance auto parts, or Autozone, or Walmart?




You can get a Napa Gold oil filter (Wix) at NAPA auto stores. Or, I just noticed my Wal-mart is now carring Motorcraft (Ford) filters for the CRD which is a darn good filter.


What is the part number on the Motorcraft filter anyway?

_________________
2006 CRD Sport 4X4, bought 6 July 2006, born 5/20/2006 1900 hrs.
Mods N Things:
235/70r16 Wrangler SilentArmor, ProVent, Gasser airbox, CAT filter, Kennedy lift pump, fuel cooler, Evic from wrecked 05 KJ, factory skidplates, towhooks, OME 2" CRD lift, Magnaflow 12256 muffler, Alpine stereo & XM "stealth antenna" install


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:38 pm
Posts: 801
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Got my oil change today. I went to Autozone to buy 7 quarts of Mobil 1, the only 0W40 they had, and the filter. I paid $47. The Goodyear place charged me $10 to change the oil. The guy at that place told me to go to Walmart next time and buy the Oil there, it would be even cheaper.

_________________
2005 CRD Sport
Mods: Glasspack, OME HD Struts & Springs, 2" Daystar lift,
255/70/16 General Grabber AT2's on MOAB's
ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:58 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Posts: 282
Location: Upper Midwest USA
Endurance wrote:
Got my oil change today. I went to Autozone to buy 7 quarts of Mobil 1, the only 0W40 they had, and the filter. I paid $47. The Goodyear place charged me $10 to change the oil. The guy at that place told me to go to Walmart next time and buy the Oil there, it would be even cheaper.


I just purchased Mobil 1 5W-40 truck turbo diesel at Walmart for $5.25 a quart after tax. I can't find it cheaper anywhere else.

_________________
2006 Liberty Limited CRD Bright Silver Metallic (NOW SOLD)
All Recalls Performed
100k extended warranty
Fumoto Oil Drain Valves (Oil Pan & Transfer Case)
V6 Airbox Mod
New Driveshaft, New EGR
2003 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, Bright Blue
2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 Door, Red Rock Crystal Pearl WOW!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:25 am
Posts: 20
Location: Lamesa, Texas
When I bought my CRD in April of 05 the dealer sold me a program where my oil change is $18. That's the synthetic price. If its regular oil, it would be $8. Cost $200 for the life of the vehicle. I put synthetic in our other vehicle(Tahoe), and the most we pay is $67 at one of the oil change
places.

_________________
2005 CRD, 4" Skyjacker Spacer Lift, 245 BFG At's,Predator Module 23 Ft. Jayco Exp.Trav. Trlr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
MightyCRD wrote:
BVCRD wrote:
Endurance wrote:
I went to the Goodyear place that always works on my tires and they will charge me $10 if I bring filter and Oil. Can I buy a filter at Advance auto parts, or Autozone, or Walmart?




You can get a Napa Gold oil filter (Wix) at NAPA auto stores. Or, I just noticed my Wal-mart is now carring Motorcraft (Ford) filters for the CRD which is a darn good filter.


What is the part number on the Motorcraft filter anyway?



Sorry, I didn't write it down. I was using the little automatic part find screen that they have. I did check to see if they had them in stock, and they did. I didn't buy one because I had just changed my oil and used a $8 Napa Gold like usual, but next time, I will save myself $4 and go with the Ford filter.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com