It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Boulder bars... more than rock guards!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Grand Terrace, California
I wanted to share...

I was cruising on the freeway last Wednesday afternoon on my way to a class in the desert. I was next to a 18-wheeler when it blew a tire. The sound was :!: BOOM :!: and felt something hit the side of the jeep (hard) and tumble beneath it where is sounded and felt as though the chunk bounced up....

I pulled over with the truck driver. No damage to my jeep ( :D )
His tire exploded and went flying into my jeep... it had to of hit the boulder bar and then my armor beneath.

Just wanted to share...

_________________
Lisa W.

2003 Patriot Blue (when not muddy-up), Rusty's 2.5" lift, skids, boulder bars,245/17R16's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:21 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Fall River,MA
it's not only for wheelin :)

_________________
PETE
ADMINISTRATOR
L.O.S.T. 4 LIFE
04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:27 pm
Posts: 901
Location: Walkerton, IN
Yea I would have been pretty ticked if it had done damage to my Jeep. :x Glad to hear they have more uses than just for offroad.

_________________
02' Frankenlifted White Sport on 31" TrXus M/Ts

89' 2 Dr. Khaki XJ- Waggy 44's, 4.88s, 35's, 3-link on 5.5" coils.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:10 pm
Posts: 1322
Location: Richmond, VA
ya know i've always wondered about stuff like that. Would the trucking company be responsible for damage to your vehicle for that or those dirt trucks that throw rocks all over the highway and crack winshields :?:

_________________
L.O.S.T. #225019
2003 Sport 4x4
Patriot Blue w/ trail rash
Flex-Zilla 4" Lift
TrailRash hi-lift mounts
Other stuff you wish you had :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:04 pm
Posts: 532
Location: Chardon, Oh
*cue jason thompson* (our resident trucker)

I'm interested to know this as well.

I was driving the other day when a SUV ahead of me drove thru a pot hole and literally tossed a piece of cement up and over to the curb (at window height) I was wondering if he would have been responsible for any damage or the city?
-Mark

_________________
2008 VW Rabbit- 5-speed 5-cylinders
2000 TJ 4-cylinders 5-speed I'll let you know when I figure it out.
2006 Liberty SOLD.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:48 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
Since the truck pulled over, it makes sense that he was aware of what had happened and possible if there was damage, he was going to accept responsibility. The pot hole thing, or rock chips, you may have a hard time proving it was them. Probably best to have a low comp. deductible. I have free glass replacement which I use often.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 493
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
What burns me is the trucks that have the signs"Stay back 300 feet. Not responsible for rock chips." Must be some lawyer mumbo jumbo. Yea, I am going to stay a football field behind you....
Hey jeep4me99, I hope your dog didn't get any of that bad news dog food. That is pretty scary.
Steve

_________________
'06 3.7 sport 6 speed (long live manual tranny's)
tinted windows, cruise, midnight blue
Mopar roof rack
Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:11 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Buena Vista, CO
hooperswish wrote:
What burns me is the trucks that have the signs"Stay back 300 feet. Not responsible for rock chips." Must be some lawyer mumbo jumbo. Yea, I am going to stay a football field behind you....
Hey jeep4me99, I hope your dog didn't get any of that bad news dog food. That is pretty scary.
Steve



I don't know if there is any leagality behind that or not. Maybe someone can help. I sense that it is a warning so they can say I told you so if something were to happen. Still, they may be liable if the load wasn't tarped or if they were careless and left some loose stuff on the back of the dump bed.

_________________
2006 Sport CRD

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:55 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:48 pm
Posts: 861
Location: Aurora, CO
BVCRD wrote:
hooperswish wrote:
What burns me is the trucks that have the signs"Stay back 300 feet. Not responsible for rock chips." Must be some lawyer mumbo jumbo. Yea, I am going to stay a football field behind you....
Hey jeep4me99, I hope your dog didn't get any of that bad news dog food. That is pretty scary.
Steve



I don't know if there is any leagality behind that or not. Maybe someone can help. I sense that it is a warning so they can say I told you so if something were to happen. Still, they may be liable if the load wasn't tarped or if they were careless and left some loose stuff on the back of the dump bed.


They can put all the signs they want on it, but if the load isn't properly secured then they are responsible for any damage and (in Texas at least) criminal charges.

_________________
Jeremy - Aurora, CO
L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:33 pm
Posts: 326
Location: Ga
My sister had a Monte Carlo and was fallowing a dump truck and had her window broken.she called the police and they had one near by .They stop him and saw rocks all over his truck.he got a ticket and had to sweep off all the rocks before he could leave the spot. They came out to her work and replaced the window.
Glad your jeep wasn"t hurt . At least he stopped.

_________________
2002 liberty, Daystar 2.5 Lift, 265/75/16
2005 Unlimited, , 9.5 , BB , 33x12.5 15 , 7" fender flares
2000 S10 PU
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com