It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:38 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:44 am
Posts: 1780
Location: Arizona Boy
jcphoto20 wrote:
3000 miles is plenty for those crappy bfg ats to have some bad wear patterns, my dad has to rotate his every couple thousand, and his alignment and shocks are good.


I have 65,000 miles on my bfg at ko's and they are wearing perfectly even. I only rotate them at about every 2nd or 3rd oil change.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:36 am
Posts: 507
yur lucky.

_________________
Admin note:
This account has been deactivated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
Neatus wrote:
jcphoto20 wrote:
3000 miles is plenty for those crappy bfg ats to have some bad wear patterns, my dad has to rotate his every couple thousand, and his alignment and shocks are good.


I have 65,000 miles on my bfg at ko's and they are wearing perfectly even. I only rotate them at about every 2nd or 3rd oil change.


:lol: Owned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:33 pm
Posts: 326
Location: Ga
Times have changed
My 68 Corvette came stock with a 327/350 hp V8 and with all the mods
board 60 over .2 / 660 cc carbs on edelbrock mini tunnel ram 456 rear
it was dino tuned and came out with 425 hp. with the weight of the 68 almost 4800 all I could get was 13.10 one time
but still could win my D modified class most nights.
Its great that a 3.7 V6 at just over 5000 can do it too.

_________________
2002 liberty, Daystar 2.5 Lift, 265/75/16
2005 Unlimited, , 9.5 , BB , 33x12.5 15 , 7" fender flares
2000 S10 PU
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 1201
Here are the realistic track numbers:

Time to broken stock tranny behind 380 foot pounds: 1.4 seconds...

Time to getting stuck going over a speed bump: 0.9 seconds.

That lift is even worse than if he lowered it. At least lowered he would get better on road handling and fuel economy. Raising it and putting 20" wheels on it makes it look stupid AND get stuck on speed bumps as if he lowered it. It also gets him worse handling and fuel economy. The worst of both worlds. He states that he created the lift... some engineering. I wonder if he works for Rock Krawler?

What I want to know is how much longer before his tranny blows up with the stock torque converter behind all those engine mods he has done. Even with the KN (non) filter and the over-juiced fuel injection system, I think the tranny and torque converter will die first.

That poor CRD. Notice the three amps and huge subs? I bet he still has the stock 95 amp alternator and Red Top battery. They won't last long.


Last edited by Pablo on Fri May 11, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 1201
spoonplugger1 wrote:
How much did he pay for just the tires/wheels? LOL. There is somone born to be a Darwin candidate everyday.


From the car domain site, yelling caps included:

"WE HAVE OVER $3,200.00 IN THE SET AND WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE $2,200 FOR THEM. WE CAN SHIP OR YOU CAN PICK THEM UP IN PERSON. I CAN LIST THEM ON EBAY IF NEEDED."

Well... there you have it. I bought a 3 inch OME based CRD Frankenlift suspension lift and Als uppers a-arms for 1400. That leaves me 1800 left to spend on tires and wheels before I will have spent as much as this moron did on the idiot wheels and tires alone. Reminds me of the H2 I saw the other day with the spinner chrome wheels and the low profile BF Goodrich Mud Terrain Tires. Yeah... low profile mud terrains. LOL. Let me tell you... that LOOKED tuff!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1195
I'm trying to figure out how he could possibly run almost a second faster than mine does with the N2O making over 335 hp and 400 ftlbs torque with 29.5" tires that are over 20 lbs lighter each, 4.10 gears, built transmission, etc.... Even without the nitrous, mine squats down enough in the back on a launch that I don't think the tires would even be able to turn with those 33's he's running. I'd like to see it run that hard. I'd have to go out and buy a CRD right now.

_________________
June 2001 Liberty Limited 4X4
Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:25 am
Posts: 604
Location: Brisbane, Australia
KY Liberty wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how he could possibly run almost a second faster than mine does with the N2O making over 335 hp and 400 ftlbs torque with 29.5" tires that are over 20 lbs lighter each, 4.10 gears, built transmission, etc.... Even without the nitrous, mine squats down enough in the back on a launch that I don't think the tires would even be able to turn with those 33's he's running. I'd like to see it run that hard. I'd have to go out and buy a CRD right now.


I know exactly what you mean mate - I call BS.

_________________
Custom, Comfortable & Capable.......just the way it should be


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com