It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: MOOG BALL JOINT BOOTS?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:08 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:20 pm
Posts: 129
Location: JONESTOWN, PA
My boot on my ball joint is torn and need a replacment.Can I but just the boot and where?

_________________
2003 liberty sport v-6 5spd
light khaki
frankenlift
als arm's
rusty'sdiff cover
rusty's lower rear arms
rusty's skids and custom shackle's
rusty's rock rails
rusty's air tube
magnaflow exhaust
trueflow cone filter
throttle body spacer
oem renegade fog light's
bf goodrich 245/75/16 all terain ko
16X8 cragar black d's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
I need one also. :?

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:24 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Posts: 816
Location: SLC, Utah
x3

I was an idiot and tore one of mine when I installed it--I ended up using the boot from the stock joint. Worked fine, but I'd love to get ahold of a Moog boot.

_________________
09 Yellow JK Rubicon LOST #TY050608
TeraFlex 4" long arm lift, 35" BFG KO2s, Tatton driveshaft, Riddler diff covers, RIPP headers,
MBRP off road exhaust, Cobra C75WXST, Little Passengers 3rd row seat

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:43 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Can't find a direct replacement,but if you can get some specs these poeple can probally help.http://www.suspension.com/bjb.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:50 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
Al said he sends out an extra boot with all the joints he sends out now. I was hoping he would chime in and tell us where he gets the extra ones.

:)

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:15 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:40 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Colorado
Any updates on a source for the MOOG K3199 boots? Got mine installed recently and they tore on one the install...found a replacement that 'fits' but it does not look as flexible (one flex fold vs 2) as the stock K3199 boot does...it gets pretty tight on full flex.

Al - do you (or have you thought of) selling the MOOG boots separately?

John
];')

_________________
05 4x4/3.7L/6 Spd
245/75R16 GY Dura Trac
Lots of Mods! :D
My Wheeling Videos :JEEPIN:
My Mods, Upgrades and Custom Fabrications


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:49 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
I tore one of mine and Al sent me a 'boot protector' that slides over the boot. It helps to hold in grease, but I really wanted a new boot. Im tired of taking the front suspension apart so Ill probably leave it. It seems to be doing ok.. :?

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:25 am
Posts: 161
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
I know this thread is just about replacing the boots and I can't help you there, but I have a pair of Moogs for sale for $100 if anyone is interested. See link below for pics.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=20512

_________________
Failure is not an option!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:11 pm 
I tore mine on install, so I called Federal Mogul. They don't sell the boot, but told me to go to the parts store where I purchased them, & remove the boot off of another 3199, then the store could return the whole ball joint for credit. A big PITA, but it worked.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com