It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: LIFT HELP
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:29 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:33 pm
Posts: 2
Would like to lift my 06 Liberty Renagade 2inches. Going use Moab Wheels. I don't go offroad. Just like the look of a lift & bigger tires. Need to know what lift kit will give me the best ride. I also want it to last a long time. Also need to know what size tire I can use. Thank you for any advice.

_________________
Stock 06 Liberty Renegade


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:48 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:28 pm
Posts: 561
Location: Stillwater, OK
From other's experience the OME lift would be the best ride and give you about 2" of lift. Order you a set of OME927 & OME947's then while your in there replace the front struts and rear shocks. If I remember right this combo will cost somewhere in the $500-600 range. (don't quote me on that). If you just want the lift and can handle stiffer springs and want to deal with there customer service then the COMBO LIFT is a good spacer lift. Whatever you do DO NOT get the budget lift. Others may tell you they haven't had problems but the majority of UBJ failure and blown struts have come from these kind of lifts

_________________
-Gavin
2006 4x4 Sport ~ Dark Khaki
2.5" Rockfather II
Tow Hooks ~ HH Rear Hitch
Hella 500's

gwip Design


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:23 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:46 am
Posts: 312
Location: CT
Which one is the budget lift, the Rockfather I?

I'm kinda of looking at the same set up, bigger tires but light offroad performance. Thinking of the Rockfather I but didnt know if I would run into trouble down the road.

_________________
2002 Liberty Limited 4X4 (Pre-Lowered)
Patriot Blue
Luxury Package (All the bells and whistles)
245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:37 am 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 2301
Location: Harahan LA (the burbs)
Guys this topic comes up probably weekly and it is always the same
"I want lift and bigger tires and dont PLAN to go off road"
well truth is once you put a lift and bigger tires you will go off road

also fact is "you get what you pay for"
I have been burned on 2 different rigs and 1 thing I learned is just that
that being said for max lift and better off road preformance Frankinlift
for best on road with very good off road go Old Man Emu all the way around or sub in Rancho struts and shocks to save a few bucks
but the springs are the real secret
Rustys is not that bad but you MUST get different shocks for the rear and the ride is not that great

ANY other lift from reading what others on this board have been through is basicaly throwing money away
and if you have money to do that with then throw it to me :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 am
Posts: 1845
Location: Monterey Bay, Ca
Quote:
well truth is once you put a lift and bigger tires you will go off road


So true.

I had a Daystar lift on my KJ before the Frankenlift. It worked just fine and got me the height for the mt/r's. The Frankie is a better set up, but if it's your first lift you won't know what you're missing and you could get away with a spacer lift like the Daystar. I know they have 1.5" and 2.5" lifts, not sure about a 2".

_________________
Nanette

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Rocky Top Tennessee
Quote:
for best on road with very good off road go Old Man Emu all the way around or sub in Rancho struts and shocks to save a few bucks


Does that mean you get OME springs and Rancho shocks in the back and front?
If I am wrong can you tell me all the parts in that kind of set up?
Thank you

_________________
05 Liberty 4x4, Atlantic Blue
Extended Breathers
3/4 Mopar Skids
OME Lift, 245/75/16 General Grabbers AT2, ProComp Extreme Alloys 7189
Mopar Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:52 am
Posts: 483
Location: Rhode Island
I did LOTS of reading before spending the $500-$600 on a lift and I wouldnt recommend anything other than Rustys full coil or OME to anyone after sifting through hundreds of posts on this subject. I also agree with the assertion that you saying you wont be driving over things after the lift is false. As soon as you see how great it looks and drives compared to stock you will be itching to drive over anything you can.... just my 2 cents

_________________
Pre-Lowered 02 Liberty
2.5" Rustys Coil w/ Ranchos in the rear.
ARB, OME927's, 1/4 strut plate and Als Gen 4.5 Uppers in the front.
Flowmaster Super 40 Series (GONE, SO QUIET!)
245/75/16 Kumho KL-78 w/ Spidertraxxxxx
Ripped out the plastic inner wheel liners
Herculined ALLLL over.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:13 pm 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 2301
Location: Harahan LA (the burbs)
wildrussian wrote:
Quote:
for best on road with very good off road go Old Man Emu all the way around or sub in Rancho struts and shocks to save a few bucks


Does that mean you get OME springs and Rancho shocks in the back and front?
If I am wrong can you tell me all the parts in that kind of set up?
Thank you



yeah
go with OME spring to mach the way your rig is and will be in the future
what I mean by that is if you plan to go all out with a bumper and winch in the next year then just go with HD springs now
if you dont plan to never go with any thing other than factory bumper then just go with the LD springs if you just dont know then go with the MD springs all around
I would only go with a set up like
Light front and rear or Med. front and rear or Heavy front and Med. rear
then go with rancho struts and shocks
or go OME shocks and rancho struts

What I have and found it to work very well
OME med. spring all around
OME shocks
Rancho struts
245/75's on OE wheels and they fit fine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:46 am
Posts: 312
Location: CT
Oh I know it comes up a lot, but if you look back there are a lot of people that have problems with the Frankenlift also so it makes it confusing (and since I'm not a mechanic, a little nervous if something does go wrong). I'm not bashing the Frankenlift at all or saying it has problems, not knowing a lot about lifts I was just trying to get info to make a decision.

As far as offroading, I have to use my KJ for a DD and dont want to bang it up so I will most likely be sticking with light offroading for now until I pay it off and get another car for a DD. I would like to get larger tires and set up for offroading now since I have the cash, this is why I asked.

_________________
2002 Liberty Limited 4X4 (Pre-Lowered)
Patriot Blue
Luxury Package (All the bells and whistles)
245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:43 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Longmont CO
i just came through this issue my self and even though ive realized that a lift is out of the picture in the near future, mostly because i want to do it right the first time and save a headache later, ive decided that for the money and the quality OME all around is the best bet for me and plenty of others that have it..

i never thought id be to into off roading my self but after the first rain storm when i got my jeep me and some of my friends took out our cars and got them really muddy and went over some rocks.. well to say the least its now an addiction. im still as stock as it gets but i cant wait to lift it and get new tires and roll over some rocks..

basically the best advice ive got and the best i can give about lifts is you really honestly get what you pay for.. but for a lift with out more problems than you can count, your gonna pay 500+ so just be ready for it

_________________
-------------------------------------
03 WHITE KJ SPORT

Mopar skids, Tow Hooks, 13% Tint All Around, Alpine CDA 9883, Soft 8's w/ 235/70's

NEXT: AMP & SUB INSTALL, AND ROOF RACK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:33 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Everyone wants the cheapest, my answer is Bure aghali since my wife is a native Swahili speaker and also teaches Swahili I have learned some native words of wisdom from her. So "Bure aghali" translated is "Cheap is expensive". 8) So get the best you can, you have a 20,000/25,000 dollar vehicle and you want to save 2 or 300 on doing a cheap lift. Go OME if you cant afford the Frankenlift or dont want to go that high. I have over 2 inches of lift maybe 2.5 and the ride with any OMEs will be way BETTER than stock ever was :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com