It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: New KK Owner..
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:46 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
Ok...so far I have 50 miles on the kk and I love it...It is one of the funnest cars I have ever driven
some things have have noticed..
1. wide ratio tranny in 2hi.. 6th will have no problem taking you over 100 :twisted:
2. The power band doesn't really start in tell 3500 or so...but after you hit 3500, it all fun and dust
3. ESP OFF = MORE FUN... i broke it loose doing a u turn :D
4. kinda low to the ground..I really want a lift

I will keep all of you posted as to my findings

I have already posted these pictures on the forum but here they are again

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:36 am 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:44 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Provo, UT
Sweet looking Jeep, man! :D Congratulations. I like the Sport model a lot better than the Limited this time around.

I've taken my Jeep to 100 before... The girl that was riding with me almost crapped herself. :shock: :lol:

Do you think there's room for a 31" spare under there?

_________________
Ryan
<B>'03 Limited 4x4</B> Image


Last edited by ryno on Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:45 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
possibly.but it would be a tight fit

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:24 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 855
Location: Maple Ridge B.C
Looks nice, ive had mine to 95 before, but i was catching up to traffic ahead, was nice and smooth though. You are right about the power band, mine starts to wake up above 3500 rpm. I dont have traction control to begin with so i did a u-turn one time and gave her some gas and it broke loose easily.

Glad you are happy so far with your new jeep, take it offroading before any mods and see how that beast performs. Also for the spare, most people that get pretty big tires, usually put them on the roof anyways.

One thing that bugged me was the little button you press on the door handles to open the door, i can see that being a pain if it gets frozen in the winter lol.

_________________
2004 Liberty Renegade
Silver, loaded
Full skid plates
255/65/16 yokohama Geolander A/T-S
Tow hooks
Flowmaster super 44


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:10 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Woodward Ave
Very nice looking Jeep you have there! Enjoy the first 1,000 miles (man new cars are so much fun!)


:hail2 Jeep:

_________________
02 Liberty Limited
Silver Outside & Taupe Inside
Heated Seats, Sunroof & Infinity speakers
USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:00 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
need a picture sitting behind the wheel. dash layout, turn signals, cruise where all controls are

Thanks

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:35 pm 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:48 pm
Posts: 567
Very nice, I'd like to see the console layout for the automatic though.

If they do a CRD of this I am in line to trade up..

_________________
2006 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:58 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Arkansas
Awesome!! Are you the first KK owner on LOSTKJs??

_________________
2010 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
I will post some more pictures later tonight...And I am probably the first :twisted:

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:55 pm 
Man I really don't care for that color on KJs, but it looks BAAAAAAAD on that KK. Congrats on your purchase! is this your first new car?

you basically got yours the way I'd want mine...so if I DO take the plunge...I call dibs on copies :lol:

how's the shifter action? smooth, notchy? long throws? short throws?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
Yes this is my first new car...As far as shifing it is smooth...if under light throttle it finds ever gear as you are going through them... but i have trouble finding a lower gear some times because of the short throw...Its not the car, its me...my last car was a 1981 gmc c1500 with the muncie sm465 4 speed...so the 6 speed in this beast is a whole new thing to me.. :D

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 3544
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
To shift it///pretend your are driving a Mazda MX-5 (Miata)///think small sports car 8)

_________________
Founder of L.O.S.T.
2006 CRD Sport

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:49 pm 
the Miata's shifter is more like a toggle switch...is the manual trans in the KK seriously like that?

Man I wanna see that sucker up in the air a couple or three inches so bad...it'll look mean with some 245s or 265s. Bust out the rattle can and paint the flares and bumpers flat black:D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:47 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 3544
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Can anyone photoshop those wheel on a KJ Sport?

_________________
Founder of L.O.S.T.
2006 CRD Sport

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
Ok here are a few more pictures that I uploaded on to photo bucket...also i install a aem intake on it... Is it bad to have already done surgery on a car when you have had it less than 24 hours? :twisted:

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff119/gravediggerfreek/

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:09 pm 
throw that can of fix-a-flat in the garbage, it's the worst stuff ever invented.

Nevermind, it's not fix-a-flat! sorry :oops:

I dunno if Im feelin that Toyota-style cruise control...control. I don't like it in my mom's Sequoia...but then agan, it IS a Toyota:P


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:35 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
UPDATE... So tonight I went out east of the city and opened it up...in 5 gear at 5000 rpm i was doing 110 with 5 people in the car and when i went in to 6th it droped to about 4000 and still had plenty of peddle go so i dont know where the limiter kicks in at...also through a wheat which was fun as all get out...60 in 4h was like being on the high way and the esp really help you get traction in the dirt, we will have to see how it works this winter..I also have a few more pictures posted on photo bucket

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Protect your investment
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:10 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:31 am
Posts: 1029
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
You may want to double check with JJ'sKJ but as soon as possible replace all your fluid with Amsoil. You just spent your hard earned money to buy a very nice Jeep. Years ago I bought a car from a dealership where my brother in law worked as a salesman. First thing after I got it home was a complete conversion to Amsoil. A month later I had to take the car back in for warranty on drivers side window. When I went to pick it up my brother inlaw came up to me and said
"I'll never bad mouth your funny oil ever again, because your car runs quiter and smother then anything I have on the lot". So although this may sound like a commercial but the best thing you can do for your new Beasty is get Amsoil in it.

LEAD :D FOLLOW :P or GET OUT of THE WAY :shock: :roll: :twisted: :-)r :-)r


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 1066
Location: Bel Air, Md
So you can get the BFG AT's as an option? I figured it was just a choice of crappy Goodyears. I love those wheels too. I'm still waiting to see one in person around here.

_________________
David
Bel Air,Md
2003 KJ Patriot Blue Sport w/mods R.I.P.
2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
chefdab wrote:
So you can get the BFG AT's as an option? I figured it was just a choice of crappy Goodyears. I love those wheels too. I'm still waiting to see one in person around here.



No, the goodyears are the only option...but i bought the bfgs and the rims from discount..The rims are called hot wheels..I think they re made by ktm

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com