It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: how do you get to the top strut bolts???
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:44 pm
Posts: 13
Location: springfield IL
Im installing rustys lift and I cant get to the two bolts under the battery tray is there a trick or do I have to take the tray out. I sure hope not because that means the whole inner fender has to come out!

_________________
2006 jeep kj sport

tow package, jeep slush mats, mopar skids, tow hooks,
scratches from playing in the woods when wife said not too... no extra charge!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
im pretty sure its 2 to remove the battery and 2 for the tray, but im sure someone else will chime in and know for sure

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:34 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
gotta take the tray out. I believe I had to use a few extensions to get it out.

I dont have a pic of the drivers side(with battery), but you need to take it all out so you can easily get to the bolts.

Image

One bolt takes the battery out and 3 I believe for the tray.

edit:

Found some more pics. And I was right, its one for the battery and 3 for the tray.

Image

Image

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Last edited by Jeepjeepster on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:35 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:46 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: Sparta
Two for the battery and three nuts for the tray. You don't have to take the liner out. And you will need an extension for the front nut of the tray. On the passenger side, just disconnect the tube to the air box, then pull the air box straight up.

_________________
WWW.ROCKLIZARDFABRICATIONS.COM

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:45 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Casper, Wyoming
You definitely don't need to take the fenders off. just 3 bolts for the battery tray (you need the long extension to get to the one in the front, its down towards the base of the wheel well... I think... I had my brother doing that part while I was disassembling underneath), then pull it out (there's some rubber grommets that make it seem like it is still bolted but, just pull. ;) )putting it back is almost as much fun.

_________________
Ron


"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com