It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lift and tires for a 4x2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:26 am
Posts: 8
Location: San Antonio Texas
This might be the right area might not. I am new to Jeeps (former Chevy owner). I want to lift my 2wd KJ because I like the look. I had a lifted K5. Is the front suspension the same in a 4x2 as a 4x4 minus the obvious parts? I want an all coil lift no pucks. What is the best lift out there for this application? Also what is the biggest tire I can run on a 4x2 no lift without rubbing and then with say a 2.5" lift no rubbing...Thanks for all the help, and yes I tried to search but found some mixed data....Jason

_________________
2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2
Inferno Red
1st Jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:59 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: Sin City USA
here ya go:

http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift.htm

_________________
2016 JKU RUBICON

other mods coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lift and tires for a 4x2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:01 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: Sin City USA
TexasKJ07 wrote:
This might be the right area might not. I am new to Jeeps (former Chevy owner). I want to lift my 2wd KJ because I like the look. I had a lifted K5. Is the front suspension the same in a 4x2 as a 4x4 minus the obvious parts? I want an all coil lift no pucks. What is the best lift out there for this application? Also what is the biggest tire I can run on a 4x2 no lift without rubbing and then with say a 2.5" lift no rubbing...Thanks for all the help, and yes I tried to search but found some mixed data....Jason


tire help:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=22650

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=958

_________________
2016 JKU RUBICON

other mods coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
or if you dont want to spend that much on a frankenlift, you can peice together an OME lift, thats what I did for about $500, and the frankenlift is OME parts

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
with the 2 wheel drive you can maybe go some more than what those of us with 4WD can, go for it!!!!!!!!!and take pictures :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:56 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
He would probably get more lift out of a 2wd jeep anyway since he doesn't have as much weight up front.

If you get the Franken lift, you would probably want to get a couple sets of extra upper spring isolators since the front will be alot higher.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 1854
Location: Durango, Colorado
If you lift the 4x2 go and make everyone jealous and jump it! (make sure you get a pic)

darn 30a

_________________
Former CRD owner... now I just sit around and stare at the wall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 122
Location: CARY, NC
I lifted my wifes 2wd with a 1 1/2" OME lift and 3" spacers....she's got 30k on here now and been lifted since she had 120 miles on it. never any issues.....only thing I recomend you do at the same time as the lift is, get yourself a set off Jeepinbyal's upper control arms, and change your lower ball joints out to moogs. Good luck
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 122
Location: CARY, NC
And for tires I use 265/75/16 works pretty good.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:17 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Fleetwood, PA
jsc7002 wrote:
or if you dont want to spend that much on a frankenlift, you can peice together an OME lift, thats what I did for about $500, and the frankenlift is OME parts


I will agree... go with the OME lift! I absolutely love mine. It's roughly 1/2 the price of the Frankenlift.

BTW, 06LIB - the wife's 2wd looks great, judging by the pic. Really nice!

_________________
STEVE
L.O.S.T. #075255
Patriot Blue 2002 Sport, OME Lift, 245/75/16 BFG AT's on Cragar Soft 8's, Black Widow Basket, Magnaflow Exhaust, Sirius Radio, Alpine Blackbird GPS, Silverstar Headlight Bulbs, Homemade Cross Rails, Debadged, Amsoil Bumper-to-Bumper, More Mods to Come...:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 855
Location: Maple Ridge B.C
06LIB wrote:
And for tires I use 265/75/16 works pretty good.....

you have to do a lot of trimming to get those to fit

_________________
2004 Liberty Renegade
Silver, loaded
Full skid plates
255/65/16 yokohama Geolander A/T-S
Tow hooks
Flowmaster super 44


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com