It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Anyone lifted a 2007 Liberty Sport 4x4 YET?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 41
Location: West Virginia
I have a 2007 Liberty Sport 4x4 that I'm thinking about lifting.

Has anyone here lifted an '07?

What lifts are available for the '07's, everything I've noticed only goes to 2006 models.

ALSO...with the spacer lifts...is there always contact of the balljoint to the coil springs?

Is it better to use a in-coil/strut spacer or a spacer that goes on the bottom of the strut or on top of the strut. (I guess an easier question would be....which is better... a spacer lift that you can install without the use of spring compressors or a spacer lift that requires spring compressors to install?)

Let me know some brands and model numbers of any lifts you're aware of for the 2007's, especially ones that don't have contact of the balljoints and coil springs.

I appreciate all your help. The sooner the better with the info...I'd like to do something real soon.

Clark (SupermanWV)

_________________
"It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight, its the SIZE of the fight in the dog."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:23 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Casper, Wyoming
OME full coil lift is the way to go... Frankenlift (extra spacers) if you can swing the $$$ Stay away fro over the top strut spacers. I blew both struts with them in less than 10K miles. The first went as it came off the jack after installing the spacers. As for contact, it varies too much to say if you will or won't. I did with the OTT spacer but not with Rusty's coils. And any lift the will work for an '06 will work for an '07. '08 is when everything changed. :)

_________________
Ron


"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 41
Location: West Virginia
Would this lift kit be any good?

Has anyone on the site used it before....that can tell me how its been working for them?

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_liberty_3.html

Thanks for any info you may have on this lift.

Clark (SupermanWV)

_________________
"It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight, its the SIZE of the fight in the dog."


Last edited by supermanwv on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 41
Location: West Virginia
OH...and if at all possible, I'd like to stay below $400.00.....more in the line of $300-$350 would be awesome.

What is my best selection in that price range.

I have a 4x4 Remote Control Crawler that I am trading off, and I'm trying to get an even trade on a lift for my Liberty.

So any ideas in that price range that won't cause my struts to go bad or my ball joints to rub the coil springs would be great. I like the idea of the kits that come with shocks also....then I won't have to buy them seperately. Cause my wallets kinda flat...that is why I'm trading off my RC Crawler.

HERE IS A COUPLE PICS OF MY CRAWLER...

Image

Image


Thanks for any info....

Clark (SupermanWV)

_________________
"It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight, its the SIZE of the fight in the dog."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
supermanwv wrote:
Would this lift kit be any good?

Has anyone on the site used it before....that can tell me how its been working for them?

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_liberty_3.html

Thanks for any info you may have on this lift.

Clark (SupermanWV)


simple answer NO

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Since you want to go cheap, go for a Daystar lift, replace the struts/ rear shocks and you will have a good ride and a good lift.

Do not go for an OTT type lift, if possible add a couple of hundred and do like Simon Says, OME springs and a set of good shocks/ struts

Do it right the first time and be done with it

check boulderbars.com- ALLJs

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 41
Location: West Virginia
tommudd wrote:
Since you want to go cheap, go for a Daystar lift, replace the struts/ rear shocks and you will have a good ride and a good lift.

Do not go for an OTT type lift, if possible add a couple of hundred and do like Simon Says, OME springs and a set of good shocks/ struts

Do it right the first time and be done with it

check boulderbars.com- ALLJs


What do you mean replace the struts/rear shocks....(What would you suggest I use as replacements?/what brands)

Clark

_________________
"It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight, its the SIZE of the fight in the dog."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
less expensive would be Ranchos RSXs work great plus you will need longer for the rear anyways, so you have to buy them, if you want the best OMEs

My theory is if you have it apart may as well upgrade and be done with the suspension for a while

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:05 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 41
Location: West Virginia
Thanks for the info... I'll give it some more thought and decide on which route I'm gonna go. But doing it once and only once sounds good to me. It's my wallet that doesn't agree. :roll:

Clark

_________________
"It's not the SIZE of the dog in the fight, its the SIZE of the fight in the dog."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:43 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Clark, know what you mean about the wallet not agreeing, I bought my lift over two months time when I did it jsut do that fact.

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:14 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 1557
Location: Louisville, KY
supermanwv wrote:
Thanks for the info... I'll give it some more thought and decide on which route I'm gonna go. But doing it once and only once sounds good to me. It's my wallet that doesn't agree. :roll:

Clark



X2 with Tommudd.

I took the approach of buying the BEST components a pair at a time. First were the springs (front and rear) both Old Man Emu HD's. The i got the rear shocks. Then I got the front struts. As they all sat in the garage I got a new pair of Stock Strut mounts, sping isolators for the front (4 of these) the made sure I had a pair of Strut retainer plates. These are the large washers that are ontop of the strut assembly between the strut nut and the strut mount.

I took the strut parts to a local tire dealership, found a guy who owns a jeep and told him i needed OME strut springs compressed and struts assembled. Once he heard Old Man Emu he said bring em in, charged me 20.00 to build em.
Took them home and started to install myself. Several posts for info on how to do this. Another idea is to offer pizza and beer or what ever for a lift party and area LOSTers will decend upon you and help.

did my OME lift for around 600.00-650.00. BUT did the labor myself, and purchased the parts over time so it was not as bad as shelling it all out at once.

_________________
'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:52 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
I think this step-by-step process is what makes the KJ so much fun. :D The cost for all the varies modifications and other aftermarket accessories is expensive. :shock: My wife and I allow so much “allowance” money per month to spend on hobbies. For example, I have sent Rock Lizard X amount of dollars to hold for me until I can buy products. I really do not know what product I will buy next, however, I know there will be something that he fabricates that I will want. :wink: I use this forum as a way to learn about new products, new ideas, and it gives me time to think through my KJ building process. Right now, I’m limited to only $50 dollars a month, which doesn’t get me very far. However, this summer I will be receiving summer school pay on top of my salary. At this time, I will have a few thousand dollars to spend on whatever I want. I do believe, as already mentioned above, that you should purchase and install exactly what you want or you might not be totally happy in the long run. If money is an issue, as with most anyone, be patient and hold off, or get a side job to pay for additional hobbies. 8)

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:42 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
Yea, its pretty fun to build up a Jeep. Only problem with it is it never ends. 8)

Any lift from a 2002-2006 Liberty will fit the 07. Nothing changed with the suspension.

If your budget is $300-350 then the daystar is a great lift for your needs. Get Rancho shocks like tom said.

All-J is a great place and knows what they are doing when it comes to lifts on the KJ.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:35 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Sin City
I've had a Rusty's 2-1/2" lift on my 2007 for over a year now. No problems...at least not one's related to the lift kit ;)

_________________
Scoobybri
2007 Sport 4x4 Offroad/Towing/C Packages
Homelink EVIC
245/70-R16 Grabber ATs
Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift with Rancho RSX rears
Roof Basket w/home-made cross rails and 4x55watt lighting
Super Skink Sliders
Spidertrax 1.25" Aluminum Spacers
Front Receiver hitch with Warn D-Shackle
Cobra CB Radio with spare mounted antennae


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:03 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: Kettering, Ohio
:-)r

_________________
LOST # 633
'05 KJ 3.7L/6spd/241 245/75/16 MT's
'88 MJ 4.0L/AW4/231 SWB HPD30 & trac-loc D44 w/3.73's
A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Mexico
I lifted mine for around 200 bucks its a little unorthadox but I like it and havent had any problems with it. In the front I used a rustys 3/4 poly spacer and I put 8 1/2" washers on top of each strut (2 per stud) and as many 2" conduit nuts as I felt I could safely get away with for a clevis lift. In the back I have OME HD springs and an extra upper spring pad. Just check out my cardomain link for some picts.
Image

_________________
2006 CRD Sport
MOPAR skid plates, RRO Rock Rails, tow hooks, JKS quck disconnects, 245/75R16LT Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts. OME790s and Rancho RSX17505 struts in the front OME948s and Rancho 17004s.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/theuniverseman
Member ID Rockies 069661


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Erial, NJ
If you plan on wheeling your jeep, Universeman, I highly recommend getting yourself some Teraflex 4" bumpstops...

_________________
Have fun out there.

2003 Cactus Green Renegade w/ NP231 & NV3550
Al's 4th Gen UCAs
Custom 3.5" Lift
Rear DTT
Spidertraxed 245/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Mexico
Actually I had that concern as well but I wheel it all the time and I have bottomed out pretty hard several times and I have been wheeling it prettly regularly the whole time I've owned it. What happens is that with the spacer installed the strut is prevented from bottoming out because the spring fully compresses before the strut pottoms out effectivly making the spring the bumpstop. And even if the strut eventually does fail I can replace them for less then 80 bucks with new cheapo stock struts so I'm really not worried about it.
I'm not saying that my lift is the best or anything just that I did it cheap and so far it has worked great and I'm happy with it. One caveat though, I did everything myself, no shop will ever install this lift for you this is a total DIY job, so if you can't turn a wrench your gonna pay big bucks for a name brand lift and the labor to install it.

Image
I got this shot with the suspension crossed up and the wheel at full lock just FYI, I didn't use a jack or chains or anything to compress the suspension.

_________________
2006 CRD Sport
MOPAR skid plates, RRO Rock Rails, tow hooks, JKS quck disconnects, 245/75R16LT Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts. OME790s and Rancho RSX17505 struts in the front OME948s and Rancho 17004s.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/theuniverseman
Member ID Rockies 069661


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
The picture above is exactly why you do need LONGER bump stops! Coil springs are not designed to compress that much, when they compress onto each other that makes them ineffective and is why they will loose their compression rates. You REALLY need longer bump stops to prevent this from happening.Oh and your springs will fail before your struts now, why not do it right and not have to replace stuff, I know you did it on the cheap but still some common sense comes into play to make the suspension last longer!

now start the arguments, :lol: :lol: but if you want call some spring mfgr. and ask them or call Marc at ARB, great source of info on what causes a coils spring to break down

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 pm
Posts: 1361
Location: Grafton, Ohio
Tom,
have you ever thought, that some people might actually enjoy tearing their front end apart continuously and spending money to replace parts.
:-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r

:idea: Oh, and I have to remember to save my sanity by not answering posts on J.U. :!:

_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com