It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mopar Skids where to get them
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
Where is a good place to get Mopar skids for my 06?

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:05 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
first try a wanted post here and over at jeepkj.com, and there is also a web site to get them at a fairly good price, I cant remember what its called though someone will post it though, oh wait I think its called jparts.com

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:12 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
yep its jparts, here are the skids:

t-case-$41
http://jparts.com/product_info.php?prod ... 4a8a2ce5e0

transmission-$41
http://jparts.com/product_info.php?prod ... 4a8a2ce5e0

gas tank-$98
http://jparts.com/product_info.php?prod ... 4a8a2ce5e0

front suspension-$65
http://jparts.com/product_info.php?prod ... 4a8a2ce5e0



***keep in mind that these are only 1/8" thick, for a comparsion the super skid is 1/4"...but they dont make it any more

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:25 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
and free shipping with orders over 75 bucks

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:11 pm 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 2301
Location: Harahan LA (the burbs)
Just my .02 on it
all the OE skids do a fine job but I would not piss away the $40 on the tranny skid
I had one built after I saw a brand new OE tranny skid bend like a taco after 1 hit
and it was not even a hard hit

I have offered to have the one I have "put in production" with a firm commitment of 5 or more
I will have it modified with out riggers for even more strength


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
great thanks! I heard that the new Mopars skids are not as beafy as they used to be. is 1/8 thinner then what they were?

Having never really off roaded my jeep before I think the mopars will do me well for now and they aren't so expensive where if I want to upgrade I would feel that this was wasted money.

Lately I have been getting the itch to take the jeep somewhere, I don't know anyone with a jeep but my buddy is looking to pick up a used renegade and hopefully he gets it soon. Anyone feel like going for a ride, I live in DE.

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:34 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Quote:
great thanks! I heard that the new Mopars skids are not as beafy as they used to be. is 1/8 thinner then what they were?
My OEM front skid(came standard on my '02) was 1/8" thick,the front mounts where 3/16".The other skids have always been 1/8".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
tjkj2002 wrote:
Quote:
great thanks! I heard that the new Mopars skids are not as beafy as they used to be. is 1/8 thinner then what they were?
My OEM front skid(came standard on my '02) was 1/8" thick,the front mounts where 3/16".The other skids have always been 1/8".


cool, I feel better. Looks like alot of people are looking for used skids, I think I just might get them through j parts.

Which ones would be most vital? I was thinking for now gas tank and front, maybe getting a better tranny skid later on. Do you need a skid for the transfer case?

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 855
Location: Maple Ridge B.C
from the factory mine came with the front, gas and transfer case but no tranny skid.

_________________
2004 Liberty Renegade
Silver, loaded
Full skid plates
255/65/16 yokohama Geolander A/T-S
Tow hooks
Flowmaster super 44


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Sport wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Quote:
great thanks! I heard that the new Mopars skids are not as beafy as they used to be. is 1/8 thinner then what they were?
My OEM front skid(came standard on my '02) was 1/8" thick,the front mounts where 3/16".The other skids have always been 1/8".


cool, I feel better. Looks like alot of people are looking for used skids, I think I just might get them through j parts.

Which ones would be most vital? I was thinking for now gas tank and front, maybe getting a better tranny skid later on. Do you need a skid for the transfer case?
Personnally they all are equally important.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
bump

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com