jeepzilla wrote:
I never really heard much about the power improvments of the JET chip on any engine, my thoughts where mostly about the shift points an MPG's I could get... I guess my next question would be is the B & G flash really worth the extra money if the power aspect isn't my biggest concern? I was hoping to get 1-2 mpg's an smoother ( less bog ) shifts out of the Jet...
I believe the Jet Chip changes the line pressure of the transmission which will firm up the shifts. When I installed my transgo shift kit, the last thing on the install list was to install a resistor across the terminals of the pressure sensor on the side of the tranny. Things were fine until about the 2nd day when out of the blue, the 2-3 shift was so hard you could almost chirp the tires at 25 mph! So naturally I called transgo and talked to their tech support. As soon as I removed the resister, the hard shift went away. The tech asked if I had any engine management software running. It took a minute of trying to figure out what he was talking about, but then the Jet Chip came to mind. He said the combination of the chip and resister was probably causing the problem. I have since tweaked the value of the resister to firm up the shifts to the way I think it should be.
If you are looking to change the shifting, go with the shift kit. Deleting the torque management with the B&G flash would definately be a plus too.