It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:41 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
Rush345 wrote:

I Agree 110% I want to see some more of your Packard, it looks like a beauty at first glance now there is a ride to covet :shock: :twisted: :wink: 8)


I'll try and get some more pics of the Packard. It's my boss' toy, he stores it at my friends garage. He drives it occasionally but not alot. Under the tarp is a 71 T-bird that the boss bought brand new.

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:46 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I hope that you are getting in real good with your boss so he will leave all his cars to you when his time is up :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:14 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
tommudd wrote:
I hope that you are getting in real good with your boss so he will leave all his cars to you when his time is up :wink:


I've worked for him for 18 years now, his daughters told me they think he removed them from the will and added me, I hope so!!

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:45 am 
Offline
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: Orange County: Newburgh NY
501:

I picked up my Light bar off ebay for 300.

it was not too hard to install. The hardest part was the drilling of the 9 holes on the roof. After the first hole and a 6pack later, the rest went just fine.


I agree with you on the tire comment.
I have plenty of treads left on my current tires and I am looking to buy maybe end of summer 245's

_________________
2003 KJ Sport JEEPZILLA Edition
American Flag flying high
Frankenlift removed =(
Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:49 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
501 wrote:
tommudd wrote:
I hope that you are getting in real good with your boss so he will leave all his cars to you when his time is up :wink:


I've worked for him for 18 years now, his daughters told me they think he removed them from the will and added me, I hope so!!


You could always marry 1 of the daughters and seal the deal! :lol:

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:46 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
DryBones wrote:
You could always marry 1 of the daughters and seal the deal! :lol:


Thank God I'm married already, I'd hate to comment on them! Lets just say the boss is a 6'4" 245± Red Headed irish man, and um....... they are Daddy's girls :roll:

(By no means am I trashing Irish or red headed people, I have Irish in me also, didn't want anyone upset)

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:30 pm 
Offline
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: Orange County: Newburgh NY
501 wrote:
DryBones wrote:
You could always marry 1 of the daughters and seal the deal! :lol:


Thank God I'm married already, I'd hate to comment on them! Lets just say the boss is a 6'4" 245± Red Headed irish man, and um....... they are Daddy's girls :roll:

(By no means am I trashing Irish or red headed people, I have Irish in me also, didn't want anyone upset)


Irish red haired guy here.
But I am too drunk to know what you said.
LOL

_________________
2003 KJ Sport JEEPZILLA Edition
American Flag flying high
Frankenlift removed =(
Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:02 pm
Posts: 5
I put the same lift in mine some time ago not a single problem to speak of. Did it cross your mind when you started putting it back together "these struts aren't going to fit :shock: " but once my buddy showed up and hand the needed extra set of hands we had them in in no time.

_________________
Peace , Love and Fruit Loops

2002 Limited
2.5" Daystar lift
Cragar Soft 8's 31" muds
Custom roof-rack/light bar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 814
Location: Ohio
duplicate post

_________________
2003 Silver Sport - Debadged
245/75/R16 DuraTracs
Cragar Soft 8s
OME Coils & Front Shocks, Bilstein Rear Shocks - Muddified Lift
JBA 4.5 UCA
K&N CAI
MagnaFlow Exhaust
Rola Vortex Rack

http://www.fusion-multimedia.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:31 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
Crazy1 wrote:
I put the same lift in mine some time ago not a single problem to speak of. Did it cross your mind when you started putting it back together "these struts aren't going to fit :shock: " but once my buddy showed up and hand the needed extra set of hands we had them in in no time.


The first side had us worried! We didn't think it would go and it took us a while. the second side went a little easier.

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:30 am 
Offline
Temporarily Banned
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Tacoma Wa
501 i was wondering since it has been a while since you installed this how has your height changed? Did it settle a lot or a little? I thought it was interesting how you gained more than the 2.5" and just wondering how that has lasted. Thanks.

_________________
2003 Lib Renegade
3.7L V6, 45RFE TRANNY
NV242 Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD System
D30a FRONT ,Chrysler 8.25 OEM Dana Trac Lock Posi, 29 spline REAR, 3.73 gears


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:20 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Back-n-Black wrote:
501 i was wondering since it has been a while since you installed this how has your height changed? Did it settle a lot or a little? I thought it was interesting how you gained more than the 2.5" and just wondering how that has lasted. Thanks.


he upgreaded to OMEs and Ranchos at Mudds Garage :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:23 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
Back-n-Black wrote:
501 i was wondering since it has been a while since you installed this how has your height changed? Did it settle a lot or a little? I thought it was interesting how you gained more than the 2.5" and just wondering how that has lasted. Thanks.


It did settle some, at least an inch, but I forgot to get measurments before I removed it and put in the OME lift :oops: so I have no new numbers to give ya.

I really liked the daystar it rode great and didn't give me any problems but with 95,000+ miles on the original coils and struts, I felt it was time to replace them so I went OME.

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:05 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:03 pm
Posts: 765
Location: Homeless in Vegas
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to thank you for your kind words on my write up. I didn't add adjusting the head lights because after my lift settled down I didn't need to, although that can vary from vehicle to vehicle. If you do find the need to adjust them make sure you wait till the lifts settles down before doing it other wise you are wasting your time.

_________________
Jeep, its a way of life.

06 KJ Limited
10 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 JK Unlimited Rubicon
14 KL Cherokee Trail Hawk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:39 am 
Offline
Temporarily Banned
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Tacoma Wa
501 wrote:
Back-n-Black wrote:
501 i was wondering since it has been a while since you installed this how has your height changed? Did it settle a lot or a little? I thought it was interesting how you gained more than the 2.5" and just wondering how that has lasted. Thanks.


It did settle some, at least an inch, but I forgot to get measurments before I removed it and put in the OME lift :oops: so I have no new numbers to give ya.

I really liked the daystar it rode great and didn't give me any problems but with 95,000+ miles on the original coils and struts, I felt it was time to replace them so I went OME.


No problem man. I am going to do a clevis and rear iso at the same time as my daystar and wanted to make sure it settles a little before the first trail run. Thanks for the update. :D

_________________
2003 Lib Renegade
3.7L V6, 45RFE TRANNY
NV242 Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD System
D30a FRONT ,Chrysler 8.25 OEM Dana Trac Lock Posi, 29 spline REAR, 3.73 gears


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com