It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rock guards (grille style) for factory Hella Foglights?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:09 pm
Posts: 2
Does anyone know where to get rock guards (the grille type, not the covers) that fit KJ OEM foglights (hella #18213)?
I've seen them on KJ's driving around, but a search of the internet, the Hella catalog and my local 4x4 shops turned up zilch.

thanks!

_________________
Anza1
'05 KJ Renegade
2.5" Rockfather II Lift
265/70 BFG AT/TA-KO
Garmin 60CSx Nav


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:50 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
The only Hella guards I know of are these:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.a ... parts=true

But I have no idea if they fit the stock fog lights. Let us know if they do though because I might pick some up for my 05 Renegade as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:36 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:54 pm
Posts: 572
Location: United Kingdom
Are these any good?
http://www.palmautomotive.co.uk/4trucks ... illes.html

_________________
2004 2.8 crd Limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
JIMMY JEEP wrote:
Not for protection of a light. They look to me like a chrome piece just to accent the area around your headlamps. I think that Anza1 was looking for guards for the fog lights and for protection purposes, not appearance. I think so at least.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:52 pm
Posts: 40
I know it's not quite what you're asking, but if you do find them you might then set your sites on your renegade light bar if you have one. I wanted to add stone guards to my light bar lights so I could keep them uncovered yet protected. I contacted Hella and found out they don't make any. Here's a little thread over at jeeps unlimited:

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/sh ... tone+guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:58 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
incubusmike wrote:
JIMMY JEEP wrote:
Not for protection of a light. They look to me like a chrome piece just to accent the area around your headlamps. I think that Anza1 was looking for guards for the fog lights and for protection purposes, not appearance. I think so at least.


scroll down on that page and there are some that have bars that go across the light. probably wouldnt provide much real protection, but id consider getting some and bed lining them. would look cool.

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
jerbacher wrote:
incubusmike wrote:
JIMMY JEEP wrote:
Not for protection of a light. They look to me like a chrome piece just to accent the area around your headlamps. I think that Anza1 was looking for guards for the fog lights and for protection purposes, not appearance. I think so at least.


scroll down on that page and there are some that have bars that go across the light. probably wouldnt provide much real protection, but id consider getting some and bed lining them. would look cool.
My bad. :oops: I agree though, don't look like too much real protection, but probably much better than nothing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com