It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Might be worth waiting for the Riddler 8.25 covers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:38 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
This vid was posted up on the colorado4x4 board testing a Riddler diff cover.They broke it but it took a 150,000lbs tracked vehicle to do it after being ran over and pressed many times from other heavy vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G5upBGBej0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Might be worth waiting for the Riddler 8.25 covers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:30 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
tjkj2002 wrote:
This vid was posted up on the colorado4x4 board testing a Riddler diff cover.They broke it but it took a 150,000lbs tracked vehicle to do it after being ran over and pressed many times from other heavy vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G5upBGBej0


Awesome video! :shock: According to ARB, they have canceled their immediate plans to build a diff cover for the KJ, therefore this might be the way to go. Someone posted on here this past week that you could start buying the Riddler 8.25 in select locations. I’ll try to find the thread.

Edit: Found it: Chumly wrote, “Riddler MFG lists "DC 8.25 RD825 - coming ‘07". Call 'em up, they're available here and there.”

Here’s the thread link: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... 663#314663

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:11 pm 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Although I have nothing to do with this company, their website impressed me and this cover looks like more than would ever be needed:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=30797

_________________
LOST # 633
'05 KJ 3.7L/6spd/241 245/75/16 MT's
'88 MJ 4.0L/AW4/231 SWB HPD30 & trac-loc D44 w/3.73's
A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:15 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
InCommando wrote:
Although I have nothing to do with this company, their website impressed me and this cover looks like more than would ever be needed:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=30797
I have one of those covers,not real impressed by it,real crappy welds(mine doesn't leak though).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:31 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: NE Ohio
so these are the same as the crane high clearance covers correct? if so crane high clearance site says they have them in stock. i called them yesterday but i guess they arent open on saturdays, i left him a voicemail

_________________
2002 Cactus Green Renegade~OME HD/Rancho
235-85-16 Firestone Destination MT's~Detroit Locker~AL's 4.5 Arms
ARB bumper/Superwinch 9k~PIAA 540 driving lights/PIAA reverse lights~Crane 8.25 diff cover
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
RAYMAN975 wrote:
so these are the same as the crane high clearance covers correct? if so crane high clearance site says they have them in stock. i called them yesterday but i guess they arent open on saturdays, i left him a voicemail
Riddler and Crane are 2 different company's.Tim the owner of Riddler used to be part owner of Crane but broke away and started his own company.Josh(the new owner of Crane) is a very good guy also,I would buy from both,wait I have bought stuff from both.The Riddler and Crane covers are very similar,on what they are made out of,the shape and design are different.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:46 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Fall River,MA
RAYMAN975 wrote:
so these are the same as the crane high clearance covers correct? if so crane high clearance site says they have them in stock. i called them yesterday but i guess they arent open on saturdays, i left him a voicemail


THEY DO HAVE THEM IN STOCK FOR THE 8.25 & THIER $139 + SHIPPING ( $20)

_________________
PETE
ADMINISTRATOR
L.O.S.T. 4 LIFE
04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:56 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Crane
Image
Riddler
Image

Now, if I could talk one of them into installing a magnetic dipstick, then I would be sold!

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:43 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Fall River,MA
thier website says they'll have the 8.25's in 07, now it's 08 so I will call them tomorrow & see if there available & $$$ :)

_________________
PETE
ADMINISTRATOR
L.O.S.T. 4 LIFE
04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
raceinfan wrote:
thier website says they'll have the 8.25's in 07, now it's 08 so I will call them tomorrow & see if there available & $$$ :)


Awesome, let us know what you find out. :wink: I don't know which one I like best. :? I guess I'm leaning towards riddler mfg. 8) I still want a magnetic dip stick! :!:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:05 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Fall River,MA
well just made the call & the verdict is he should have them in stock by mid to late summer, he started working on them today as a matter of fact but they have to go thru testing & all that jazz

price will be $110 + shipping

and MARTY has been gettin on him also...way to go Marty crack the whip :twisted:

_________________
PETE
ADMINISTRATOR
L.O.S.T. 4 LIFE
04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:09 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Now, if I could talk one of them into installing a magnetic dipstick, then I would be sold!


Why couldn't you drill and tap a whole. Get a plug and weld a rod shaped magnet to it. There ya go.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:31 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: NE Ohio
crane just called me back, they are in stock and 139 plus shipping, which for me would be 20 bucks, im getting it later this week after i get paid :) ill let you guys know when i get it and put it on!!

edit: i decided to go ahead and order it lol so i cant wait to get it!! they come in that green color, so i wont have to wait to paint it which is cool, although iwas gonna go with the Olive Drab green but this neon green will look pretty cool under there :) ill take pics once its on!!

_________________
2002 Cactus Green Renegade~OME HD/Rancho
235-85-16 Firestone Destination MT's~Detroit Locker~AL's 4.5 Arms
ARB bumper/Superwinch 9k~PIAA 540 driving lights/PIAA reverse lights~Crane 8.25 diff cover
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:37 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Fulltimer wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Now, if I could talk one of them into installing a magnetic dipstick, then I would be sold!


Why couldn't you drill and tap a whole. Get a plug and weld a rod shaped magnet to it. There ya go.

Terry


Worse case scenario, I might have too! Actually, I wont do the welding, but I know who might! I will call Crane and Riddler tomorrow to see if they can work something out and offer a magnetic dip stick as an option.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:54 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
RAYMAN975 wrote:
they come in that green color, so i wont have to wait to paint it which is cool, although iwas gonna go with the Olive Drab green but this neon green will look pretty cool under there :) ill take pics once its on!!


The Crane green is very cool, but I like this color scheme by Riddler
Image

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:30 am 
Offline
Bush Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:22 am
Posts: 952
Location: Raleigh, NC
Is that purple? or is it just a funny lighting thing? either way, im not too impressed with how they "tested" this not trying to start anything, and i am sure it is stronger than stock. but if they really want to show what it would handle, why wouldnt they just use it on a vehicle. That was almost all slow pressure added to it on the vid. Why didnt they drob boulders on it or something to that effect? I really am curious. not judging or anything. Im just curious if they would show you that a chain can handle "x" amount of pressure, where a cable could handle "x" amount of this pressure. you know? I think its got to do with tensile strength.
Just Curious. Trying to learn more about this.

_________________
-08 KK Bright Silver Met.
Mopar front tow hooks,
Mopar Skids
Curt class III/IV hitch, and wireing
O.K. Offroad steel reciever shackle
Zune 80 gig for the tunes,
(Do Jeep slush mats count?)
Life size Amstaff terrier bobble head in rear seat :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com