It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: electrical
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 7
Location: NEW YORK
Both of my break lights are out and It's not the fuse. Do I have a major problem ????? And what are the chances both bulbs blew at the same time. Any info would be greatly appreciated !

_________________
Stand Out !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:52 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:28 pm
Posts: 396
Location: Green Bay, WI
I dont know if it is the same but with my 93 cavalier when 1 headlight went out it surged the other headlight and blew that one as well.

_________________
-Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Einstein
-'07 KJ Sport
-Skink Super Sliders, Mopar Skids, Huskys, 245/70 16 Grabber AT2s, Hooks, Warholamo Rails, Black Widow Roof Rack
-Up Next: Lift?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:24 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
check the switch at the brake pedal?

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
Get a multi meter and check the system.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 7
Location: NEW YORK
replaced both bulbs and that's not it. ??????? What switch @ the break pedal ????

_________________
Stand Out !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:26 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
Yes at the brake pedal.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 7
Location: NEW YORK
sorry for being a tart, but what am I checking for @ the break pedal ?????

_________________
Stand Out !!!


Last edited by DEAD RABBIT 31 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
look up the brake pedal arm and start looking for wires that come from it.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:25 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 1557
Location: Louisville, KY
quick question,

Is this a KJ?

If it is, do you have a trailer hitch and a wireharness?

If so have you used the trailer hitch and harness lately?

Reason for 20 questions is I borrowed a trailer from a friend and he didn't tell me about a short in his brake lights, so when I plugged in the trailer I bleww like 4 different fuses. took me hours to find them all. Blew fuses that were not labeled as having anything to do with the brake lights.

CHECK ALL OF THE FUSES I will bet there are more than one blown.

_________________
'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:02 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 7
Location: NEW YORK
WoodysKJ wrote:
quick question,

Is this a KJ?

If it is, do you have a trailer hitch and a wireharness?

If so have you used the trailer hitch and harness lately?

Reason for 20 questions is I borrowed a trailer from a friend and he didn't tell me about a short in his brake lights, so when I plugged in the trailer I bleww like 4 different fuses. took me hours to find them all. Blew fuses that were not labeled as having anything to do with the brake lights.

CHECK ALL OF THE FUSES I will bet there are more than one blown.

_________________
Stand Out !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 7
Location: NEW YORK
Yes 05 KJ and no trailer hitch also checked break pedal arm and there are no wires to look at ?????

_________________
Stand Out !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:31 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 28
Location: New Orleans
There is a sensor on the brake pedal up on the other side of the plastic molding that triggers the electrical system to turn on/off the the brake lights. It could be bad...but probably not. I replaced mine and it took the dexterity of a dentist and the hand size of a 3 year old...no dice. Turned out it was a light out on the high mount brake light that caused the whole circuit to act funky. So check every light, then have your three year old help :cry:

_________________
Rock Lizard Sliders
mopar belly
245 Revo's
Frankenlift Premium II


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:13 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Woodward Ave
That's strange (I'm refering to the failure.) I've had my 3rd brake light go out without that issue.

_________________
02 Liberty Limited
Silver Outside & Taupe Inside
Heated Seats, Sunroof & Infinity speakers
USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:44 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 28
Location: New Orleans
yeah, go figure, electrical spirits...

_________________
Rock Lizard Sliders
mopar belly
245 Revo's
Frankenlift Premium II


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com