VTNomad wrote:
Removing the headliner is a pain. I had a bad rattle in my sunroof and had to take the headliner down. To do so, I had to first remove the interior panels and seats. Everything is easy, and pretty straightforward, just very time consuming. The main things that held my headliner up (2004 model) The read cargo light, the grabs by the B pillars, the front dome light/EVIC, and the sunvisors. Also, there is some wiring glued to the headliner above the front seats. I just pulled the wiring loose and Gorilla taped it to the ceiling.
You'll need a small Torx bit to remove the sunvisors and clips. You'll need a large Torx driver (T40, I believe) to remove the seatbelts. I also used a 10mm, 13mm, 17mm, and 18mm sockets to remove the seats. You'll also need a 7.5mm socket to remove the grab bars that hold A-pillars on.
I had a buddy help me to remove and reinstall the headliner. It tends to fold at the rear grab bars.
I'm not sure the size of the wires you'll be running, but so long as they're not huge, and they isn't a lot of them, you should be able to just tuck them in under the edge of the headliner without having to take it down.
I am trying to figure out this post.
And why did you remove the seats?
The bolts on my 07 are not torx they are regular metric bolts.