It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Regearing program
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:59 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Buchanan, MI
I saw, at one time, a website that you could go to, and input different tire sizes/gearing, to compute final drive ratios. Does anyone know, and could they give the link? :)

_________________
E.E.P. for my Jeep (EMPTYING EVERY POCKET)
2004 Limited - Stock no more
JcrOffroad sliders-Trail tested, mud approved
Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
try www.intercotire.com it has a good one and lots of info, under tech information then click calculators, bunch of good info

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Buchanan, MI
Thanks! I knew it was out there. Somewhere...... 8)

_________________
E.E.P. for my Jeep (EMPTYING EVERY POCKET)
2004 Limited - Stock no more
JcrOffroad sliders-Trail tested, mud approved
Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:38 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
source of Intercos calculators + some others.

http://www.4lo.com/

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:43 am 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: Kettering, Ohio
I cannot find the link for the one I used. It included adjustable tranny gear ratios to get a true number for what you are running.

For example, I found I still have a 45:1 crawl ratio on my Chero with 33's and 3.54 gears because I have a 6.32 first gear in the tranny. The KJ will drop from darn good 61:1 to a still acceptable 48:1 with my change to 235/85's

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

_________________
LOST # 633
'05 KJ 3.7L/6spd/241 245/75/16 MT's
'88 MJ 4.0L/AW4/231 SWB HPD30 & trac-loc D44 w/3.73's
A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:15 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
InCommando wrote:
I cannot find the link for the one I used. It included adjustable tranny gear ratios to get a true number for what you are running.

For example, I found I still have a 45:1 crawl ratio on my Chero with 33's and 3.54 gears because I have a 6.32 first gear in the tranny. The KJ will drop from darn good 61:1 to a still acceptable 48:1 with my change to 235/85's

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html


Now that one is sweet!

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
InCommando wrote:
I cannot find the link for the one I used. It included adjustable tranny gear ratios to get a true number for what you are running.

For example, I found I still have a 45:1 crawl ratio on my Chero with 33's and 3.54 gears because I have a 6.32 first gear in the tranny. The KJ will drop from darn good 61:1 to a still acceptable 48:1 with my change to 235/85's

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

Boy that's a handy one there!

I'll have a decent 66.18:1 crawl ratio after my SFA swap,I have a messly 33.33:1 right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:08 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:57 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Buchanan, MI
Ok. So, I was fooling around with the calculator, on http://www.intercotire.com/. If I understand this right, to put the gears back on footing to the pre-tire size change for 245/75/16s, you should put 3.95 gears in. Is there a way to GET 3.95 gears? and yes. (I know 4.10s work) I'm just curious.........

_________________
E.E.P. for my Jeep (EMPTYING EVERY POCKET)
2004 Limited - Stock no more
JcrOffroad sliders-Trail tested, mud approved
Frankenlifted
Al's A-Arms
Stock Skids
235/70/16 Cooper Discoverer HTPs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:38 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
nope no 3.95s only 4.10s

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1195
That calculator doesn't consider increased tire weight and rolling resistance. Almost any of the more aggressive tires people are putting on with a lift are going to be considerably heavier and have more rolling resistance than the little highway tires the KJ comes with. In the real world, 4.10's are actually going to be a better match with the 245/75R16's.

_________________
June 2001 Liberty Limited 4X4
Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com