It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: JBA 6" on sale now!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 843
Location: Crystal Lake, Illinois
gotta email from marlin today. said its ready. 400.00 off if you order before the 15th next month. to bad i bought the 4" last month,. he has install photos of the work on his site. looks nice :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I thought the email said that it was only for VIP customers and not to tell others :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 134
Location: NJ/PA
tommudd wrote:
I thought the email said that it was only for VIP customers and not to tell others :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:


DOH!

:shock: :oops:

_________________
2004 - Black Limited
Pro.FIT XM Radio Mount
Garmin c330
Cargo Shelf
Warn SDB-160 Driving Lights
5 MOAB's with Firestone Destination A/T's
245/70/16
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
4k for a lift WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:48 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
riptricket wrote:
4k for a lift WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!
Then add $1000 for the HD JE Reel cut CV's and another $1000 for tires.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:22 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Where the heel are the pix of the 4" lift on something besides a parking lot curb? Dave? Joe? KJCrashedNBurnedPilot? Anyone?

_________________
The only place worth posting Husky mats and tow hooks mods.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JBA 6" on sale now!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:59 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
03kjsport wrote:
gotta email from marlin today. said its ready. 400.00 off if you order before the 15th next month. to bad i bought the 4" last month,. he has install photos of the work on his site. looks nice :lol:


I wanna see pictures of your (5" lift)! :D

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
DaveKJ02 wrote:
Where the heel are the pix of the 4" lift on something besides a parking lot curb? Dave? Joe? KJCrashedNBurnedPilot? Anyone?


It's a secret!

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:23 am
Posts: 377
Location: Kaukauna, Wisconsin
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS its finally here!!!!!!!!



but before i get to excited i though it was going to have a cradle drop, new gears, and driveshafts included for that price?

_________________
2003 Jeep LIberty Renegade
Rusty's Offroad 2.5in suspension lift w/ rear rancho shocks, Fastman TB, Beam's 4 point harness', custom D rings up front, Custom flowmaster exhaust, JKS Quick sway bar disco's
Hella 500's, General Grabber AT2's on stock rims with spidertrax
coming soon: Corbeau Moab seats, JBA 6"lift


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:14 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:06 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
The lift has the cradle drop in it, its the strange looking black pieces in the front. Looks good and can't wait three more weeks! Good think I'm going to have nothing to do for the entire month of June!

_________________
'06 Sport 3.7L
Full Kenwood sound w/ DVD Nav, Renny Lightbar, Jeep Roof Basket
Comming soon: 4.10 gears, Moabs, Powertrax rear, ARB Front & RL Rear bumber, JBA 6" and more


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:11 pm
Posts: 843
Location: Crystal Lake, Illinois
ill post some pics tomorrow night of my lift.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Some body should step up and start selling and installing 4.10s, lockers, etc. lots of people going to need them soon from the way it sounds.
Maybe I can take the summer off and travel around the country and do that.......Load up all my tools in my new Unicat being built on the International 7400 chassis 4X4 and pull up to your door and do the installation, will do lifts as well. $750.00 minimum fuel charge per address.

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:26 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
tommudd wrote:
Some body should step up and start selling and installing 4.10s, lockers, etc. lots of people going to need them soon from the way it sounds.
Maybe I can take the summer off and travel around the country and do that.......Load up all my tools in my new Unicat being built on the International 7400 chassis 4X4 and pull up to your door and do the installation, will do lifts as well. $750.00 minimum fuel charge per address.


Pencil me in TOM! I’m ready! :D Plus I want to see the Unicat! :shock:

Image

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:43 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
dieselenthusiast wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Some body should step up and start selling and installing 4.10s, lockers, etc. lots of people going to need them soon from the way it sounds.
Maybe I can take the summer off and travel around the country and do that.......Load up all my tools in my new Unicat being built on the International 7400 chassis 4X4 and pull up to your door and do the installation, will do lifts as well. $750.00 minimum fuel charge per address.


Pencil me in TOM! I’m ready! :D Plus I want to see the Unicat! :shock:

Image


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was dreaming again, but wouldn't it be nice

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:20 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid :oops:

1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift?
2. is a new driveshaft needed?
3. can if fit 33s?
4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's?

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Erial, NJ
jerbacher wrote:
I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid :oops:

1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift?
2. is a new driveshaft needed?
3. can if fit 33s?
4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's?


:lol: :lol: Swmpthg has been running 33s for quite some time now... I don't think he's had any issues

_________________
Have fun out there.

2003 Cactus Green Renegade w/ NP231 & NV3550
Al's 4th Gen UCAs
Custom 3.5" Lift
Rear DTT
Spidertraxed 245/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:11 am
Posts: 824
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
BeepBeepJeepJeep wrote:
jerbacher wrote:
I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid :oops:

1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift?
2. is a new driveshaft needed?
3. can if fit 33s?
4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's?


:lol: :lol: Swmpthg has been running 33s for quite some time now... I don't think he's had any issues


Yes, but he also said in his 'ad' for his KJ that it was 'never abused, just trails'...meaning nothing like Colorado (rocks, stress on susp.+drivetrain) at least. Just wait for people to start putting 33s on and trying to do some more difficult trails. If you can bust your diff with 31s, 33s are only going to increase the chances...simple as that.
Unless someone has some ingenious solution to this front diff problem I don't see how this lift can get off the ground. I'd like to see someone with a diff collar put some 33s on and get rough on some hard trails. If s/he didn't have problems, then this is feasible. If they bust their diff, SFA-swap or custom steel IFS diff are the only ways to make the KJ handle big tires.

_________________
2003 Limited, Silver - L.O.S.T. # 068957 Rockies
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2127390/14
2006 Kawasaki KLR650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
RespectMyLibertay wrote:
BeepBeepJeepJeep wrote:
jerbacher wrote:
I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid :oops:

1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift?
2. is a new driveshaft needed?
3. can if fit 33s?
4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's?


:lol: :lol: Swmpthg has been running 33s for quite some time now... I don't think he's had any issues


Yes, but he also said in his 'ad' for his KJ that it was 'never abused, just trails'...meaning nothing like Colorado (rocks, stress on susp.+drivetrain) at least. Just wait for people to start putting 33s on and trying to do some more difficult trails. If you can bust your diff with 31s, 33s are only going to increase the chances...simple as that.
Unless someone has some ingenious solution to this front diff problem I don't see how this lift can get off the ground. I'd like to see someone with a diff collar put some 33s on and get rough on some hard trails. If s/he didn't have problems, then this is feasible. If they bust their diff, SFA-swap or custom steel IFS diff are the only ways to make the KJ handle big tires.


i dont think anyone knows for sure if the collars work or not. I'm pretty sure that no one has had a break with the collar, but that could be coincidence. We need someone to volunteer to try to break their diff with a collar and see what happens! :lol:

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
jerbacher wrote:
RespectMyLibertay wrote:
BeepBeepJeepJeep wrote:
jerbacher wrote:
I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid :oops:

1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift?
2. is a new driveshaft needed?
3. can if fit 33s?
4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's?


:lol: :lol: Swmpthg has been running 33s for quite some time now... I don't think he's had any issues


Yes, but he also said in his 'ad' for his KJ that it was 'never abused, just trails'...meaning nothing like Colorado (rocks, stress on susp.+drivetrain) at least. Just wait for people to start putting 33s on and trying to do some more difficult trails. If you can bust your diff with 31s, 33s are only going to increase the chances...simple as that.
Unless someone has some ingenious solution to this front diff problem I don't see how this lift can get off the ground. I'd like to see someone with a diff collar put some 33s on and get rough on some hard trails. If s/he didn't have problems, then this is feasible. If they bust their diff, SFA-swap or custom steel IFS diff are the only ways to make the KJ handle big tires.


i dont think anyone knows for sure if the collars work or not. I'm pretty sure that no one has had a break with the collar, but that could be coincidence. We need someone to volunteer to try to break their diff with a collar and see what happens! :lol:


IMO, the front diff is a seperate issue. We are talking about the 6" lift here that Jeepin AL is specializing in. The issue is whether or not the lift works.

Things like Tie rods, longevity of the knuckle exten, front axles angles, the cradle drop, longer driveshaft along with longer rear arms.

Me personally I want the 4" kit, don't have 2grand though :cry:

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:25 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Sport wrote:
IMO, the front diff is a seperate issue. We are talking about the 6" lift here that Jeepin AL is specializing in. The issue is whether or not the lift works.

Things like Tie rods, longevity of the knuckle exten, front axles angles, the cradle drop, longer driveshaft along with longer rear arms.

Me personally I want the 4" kit, don't have 2grand though :cry:


I agree with you partially. This is not an issue that JBA necessarily needs to worry about. And it maybe shouldnt really be a concern for them, and shouldnt be a critique of their lift. And I'm not critiquing the 6" lift when I ask about the diff. It is indeed a separate issue. But, it is an issue that needs to be discussed for anyone buying the lift because its a problem that they could possibly run into.

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com