It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:28 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:49 am
Posts: 178
Location: Sydney
hey chris,
that's kinda good news...
so what spec's do the rims need to be that you're looking for? help give me an idea of what i should be looking for as well.

cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:41 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
smorison wrote:
hey chris,
that's kinda good news...
so what spec's do the rims need to be that you're looking for? help give me an idea of what i should be looking for as well.

cheers


Kinda :lol: yep that's what I was thinking :lol:

16x7 with 5" BS

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:49 am
Posts: 178
Location: Sydney
CD wrote:
Kinda :lol: yep that's what I was thinking :lol:

16x7 with 5" BS



definately get some BLING in that size...
so just to make sure i'm taking the same language that's about a 50mm offset? i keep getting confused when everyone's talking about backspace...

might be worth while talking to tempe tyres as they have a massive range of wheels and do some pretty good prices... and i'd love to go with you when you rock up there and show up all the R1CER's ;) (darn word change thing for Japanese vehicles lol)

lol!

_________________
2002 KJ Limited | Silver | Lifted by CRDSTU 3.5"| Various KJ Hand-me-downs :) :D | GME UHF | Kumho KL71 Muddies | bits of racing tape | chewing gum | dirty rags |
Building: Custom Cargo Draws
Coming: | Fresh Air | Long Piece of String|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:28 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
They can't help, tried them back in April last year. I'm now looking at a King Cragar cross, cut and paste style :shock: Let you know next week what they say.

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:33 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Australia with the Kangaroos
CD wrote:
They can't help, tried them back in April last year. I'm now looking at a King Cragar cross, cut and paste style :shock: Let you know next week what they say.




!!!!!!! Cragar centres welded into Kings rims??????


Still havn't heard from Phil. I'll call in there again 2morro morning.

_________________
SOME SAY

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:49 am
Posts: 178
Location: Sydney
now that sounds interesting...

will they need to be engineered seperately? what are the rules about modifying wheels like that?

cheers

_________________
2002 KJ Limited | Silver | Lifted by CRDSTU 3.5"| Various KJ Hand-me-downs :) :D | GME UHF | Kumho KL71 Muddies | bits of racing tape | chewing gum | dirty rags |
Building: Custom Cargo Draws
Coming: | Fresh Air | Long Piece of String|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:50 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
yeah I know, it's sounds a bit Loco but it's an option. Not my idea, da boys at Top Tyres Blacktown think it may be an option but they want to look at my rims on Sat to see.


I'm also considering going to another engineer to get the rims passed, we shall see.

Thanks Cmohr, I had a bloke from Jax Thronleigh call Kings today to see but he got a no. Hope your man is better than that.

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:26 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
The reason I'm thinking of another engineer is I'm not 100% sure he's right on the rear track width, yes I saw it measured and all but ...

If you look at the specs for the rims I bought and work it out they should have increased the track width by 1" (24mm), I'm allowed 24mm. So why is he saying reduce by 20mm, it's just no cricket.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku


Fixed my stuff up :wink:

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Last edited by CD on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:49 am
Posts: 178
Location: Sydney
might be worth while talking to anohter engineer, or take all the measurements and data back to the current engineer and ask him to explain to you how his figures differ from yours and why you are wrong (or right).

_________________
2002 KJ Limited | Silver | Lifted by CRDSTU 3.5"| Various KJ Hand-me-downs :) :D | GME UHF | Kumho KL71 Muddies | bits of racing tape | chewing gum | dirty rags |
Building: Custom Cargo Draws
Coming: | Fresh Air | Long Piece of String|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Australia with the Kangaroos
Sorry Chris, no luck this morning with thw rims guy.

Apparently standard KJ has 41P offset. Ford Terrotory is 25P so thats too much and will put you in the same boat.

Just to get this right in my head as well.

Your current set-up with the 265 on the cragars 16x8 is how much wider than standard track????????

_________________
SOME SAY

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:13 am
Posts: 1010
Location: GOLD COAST
CD wrote:
The reason I'm thinking of another engineer is I'm not 100% sure he's right on the rear track width, yes I saw it measured and all but ...

If you look at the specs for the rims I bought and work it out they should have increased the track width by 1" (50mm), I'm allowed 24mm. So why is he saying reduce by 20mm, it's just no cricket.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku


Just to make sure you know 50mm = 2" not 1"
24mm =approx 1"

_________________
02KJ LTD
245x75Rx16 Hankook MTRT03
ARB Winch Bar,Tiger11 Winch,4xNarva spots,GME UHF,Navman GPS
Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
Team J.a.G wrote:
CD wrote:
The reason I'm thinking of another engineer is I'm not 100% sure he's right on the rear track width, yes I saw it measured and all but ...

If you look at the specs for the rims I bought and work it out they should have increased the track width by 1" (50mm), I'm allowed 24mm. So why is he saying reduce by 20mm, it's just no cricket.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku


Just to make sure you know 50mm = 2" not 1"
24mm =approx 1"


Yes mate I know, it was late and I didn't check what I wrote. I will fix it.

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
cmohr wrote:
Sorry Chris, no luck this morning with thw rims guy.

Apparently standard KJ has 41P offset. Ford Terrotory is 25P so thats too much and will put you in the same boat.

Just to get this right in my head as well.

Your current set-up with the 265 on the cragars 16x8 is how much wider than standard track????????


He's said it's 64mm (I think, papers are at home but that's about it) wider than stock track, I'm allowed 24mm so reduce it by 20mm each side.

I'm now thinking that if it's gone that wide then I should have the space to take it back by the 20mm as I've been told. On paper it dosent look right but from his measurements it should work. So that's one of the things I will be talking to the guy's about on Sat. They say they can do it but need to look at the rim to confirm. If so I will look at removing the inner wheel well splash guard and see how much extra room that gives me.

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:54 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
Blue slip passed today so all good to go to the RTA :D

I will post a pic of the plate I've had to rivet to the KJ, it's now a part of the KJ & never allowed to be removed :shock: . So I'm engineered with a 4" lift and 31's 8)

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:56 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 104
Location: Brisbane Qld
any photo's of the set up or have i missed them.

_________________
Hutch- Jeep's are an Obsession, that's why i drive a Yota Prado, with a heap of Yota accessories


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:12 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
Hutch wrote:
any photo's of the set up or have i missed them.


Photo's some where mate but don't think I've put any on this thread.

I'm getting closer to ordering my new rims from the US (thanks for the info cmohr). Not sure if I want black or keep the chrome, I do like the look of my Cragars but I also like the look of the Kings in black so I'm not sure about that part just yet. Karen likes the Chrome and I'm in no position atm to stand up to her on anything :roll: :D

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:15 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
Oh, it will be a 16x7 this time round.

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: UPDATE
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
So after talking to a number of different people (4x4 shops) and the RTA I think it's safe to say the RTA has some grey areas that leave much to be desired :roll: I've now got yet another engineer coming to my work tomorrow (or THursday) to have a look at the KJ, he thinks it sounds fine :roll: :roll: . No cost to me if he wont pass it, so I couldn't say no to that.

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:21 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1786
Location: Australia with the Kangaroos
Yeah, I was kinda a little confused on the track issue. I was always told the track was from the inside tyre wall to inside tyre wall of inside rim (one of the two can't remember), not the centre of tread, so if it was inside wall to wall, you should be fine... as would inside rim to inside rim. I simply thought your ennnginneer man would be the guy in the know.

Anyway , hope alls good.

_________________
SOME SAY

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 pm
Posts: 970
Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
Speaking as an engineer (although unfortunately not one registered to pass 4wd modifications) I would measure track from the centreline of the tread because that is the centre of pressure of the tyre on the ground and hence the point around which the vehicle will tend to roll.

_________________
November 2006 2.8 CRD manual, CRDSTU front springs, King HD rears, Polyairs, LT245/70R16 Pirelli Scorpion ATRs, DP chip, Airflow snorkel
TJM alloy front bar, Ox 9500lb winch, Hella Compact 4000 spots, Complete set Mopar skid plates, Mopar cargo barrier
GME TX3440 UHF, Codan NGT HF


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com