It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Just about to hit 100k mi!! What maintainence to do?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:19 pm
Posts: 18
05 Liberty Sport with the 3.7, auto, 4x4.

I have used and abused this jeep and have not done anything but wash the k&n and change the oit. Looking to do a tune up/100k maintainence. So, spark plugs......o2 sensor?? ....what else??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
The spark plugs should be changed every 30,000miles.

PVC valve(every 30,000miles)
Coolant flush
T-stat
upper/lower radiator hoses
Brake flush(check brakes)(every 2-3 years)
Serp belt/tensinor(every 60,000miles)
P/S flush
Trans flush+filter(every 30,000miles)
T-case fluid change(every 60,000miles)
Fuel filter
F/R diff fluids(every 12,000miles)


Your lacking on your basic maintance,doing half of the above will actually ruin your KJ from the fact you will free up the sludge and wreek havoc on your components.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I have had a bunch of vehicles go over 100,000 and never considered 100,000 any different than 30,000 just do the regular maintenance,
mines at 108,000 now and getting ready to do the reagular oil change / tire rotation etc

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:52 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
I agree with tom. Although I do things at 30k that I dont do at each oil change I think regular maintenance is best.

At a minimum the axles, tranny+filter, tcase, spark plugs, belt, and hoses should be done. Make sure the proper weight is used in the axle and ONLY ATF+4 is used in the tranny. ATF+4 can also be used in the tcase.

Weather or not you drop the pan or do a full flush on the tranny is up to you. If the fluid has never been changed a flush may be a bad idea.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:23 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Woodward Ave
I'd also think about the fuel filter which I have heard is a PIA to change.

_________________
02 Liberty Limited
Silver Outside & Taupe Inside
Heated Seats, Sunroof & Infinity speakers
USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:12 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:19 pm
Posts: 18
tjkj2002 wrote:
The spark plugs should be changed every 30,000miles.

PVC valve(every 30,000miles)
Coolant flush
T-stat
upper/lower radiator hoses
Brake flush(check brakes)(every 2-3 years)
Serp belt/tensinor(every 60,000miles)
P/S flush
Trans flush+filter(every 30,000miles)
T-case fluid change(every 60,000miles)
Fuel filter
F/R diff fluids(every 12,000miles)


Your lacking on your basic maintance,doing half of the above will actually ruin your KJ from the fact you will free up the sludge and wreek havoc on your components.



recomendations on plugs?
all other parts fine from autozone??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:34 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
I use autolite double platinum plugs. Those or the NGK copper core plugs are good.

Yea, you can get all of that at autozone.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 493
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
'05 with 100 thousand? Man, I got an '06 with 16 thousand. My big fear is that 10 years from now i will be tooling on down the road, and you guys will have moved on to new vehicles and there will only be a few of us left....LOST will really be lost....

_________________
'06 3.7 sport 6 speed (long live manual tranny's)
tinted windows, cruise, midnight blue
Mopar roof rack
Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Man I have to hurry up I only have 109,284 on an 04!!!

and hooperwish, theres enough of them (KJs) around here that they will be on the road for years and most all of us will always be LOST...one way or the other :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:01 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:19 pm
Posts: 18
dude, I live 30 miles from walmart and mcdonalds and 103 mi one way to work. :shock: I'm lucky to only have 100k!

I have done NOTHING but change the oil on this jeep. That should give you hope.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:29 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Know what you mean I used to drive 98 miles one way to work everyday as well. Doesn't take long to add on the miles, and I did that in a full size Bronco and the Cherokee, switch them every week! :twisted: Oh and Walmart was 65 miles away! :wink: Miss living there :lol: :lol:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:42 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
sleeve84028 wrote:
I'd also think about the fuel filter which I have heard is a PIA to change.


I haven’t heard of any clogging concerns with the fuel filter at 100,000 miles, but I agree, it might be worth doing. If I were doing it, I would probably go ahead and change the fuel pump also. Might be overkill, but it would be a good time to do it.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 493
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
tommudd wrote:
and hooperwish, theres enough of them (KJs) around here that they will be on the road for years and most all of us will always be LOST...one way or the other :wink:


COOL!!! Group hug :lol: :lol:

_________________
'06 3.7 sport 6 speed (long live manual tranny's)
tinted windows, cruise, midnight blue
Mopar roof rack
Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Kingsport, Tn.
My 06 Liberty is about to turn 20,000 miles what should I do for maintenance LOL Not kidding that's all I have on it and I bought it new.

_________________
___________________
2006 Renegade 4x4
Roof Light Bar,
Off-Road Package,
Rock Rails,
Tow Package, Factory Tow Hooks Front.
Rear Hitch Tow Hook,
750 Watt Inverter,
Cobra 25 WX CB Radio W/ a Cobra HG-M75 Power Mic
Cobra 100 Watt CB Magnet Mount Antenna - HG-A1000
Garmin nuvi 265T


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com