It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:32 pm
Posts: 89
I love my KJ as well, but there is always jokes. especially amongst my buddies... "thats a 'cute' ride you got there bro"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:32 pm
Posts: 89
ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:

The guy with a stock, low-mile '02 KJ on stock rubber with zero in modifications on stock rubber will be more respected if he wheels it than the guy with the $1000 worth of wheels, $2000+ in suspension work, $2000 in "wheeling accessories" (bumper, useless-arse roof rack and lights and whatever) on his '07



That's me except it's an 03.

I did however manage to tint out the windows, drop in vent visors and put in a decent stereo. still waiting on the funds for alift and a bumper set up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:17 pm
Posts: 111
Location: Irwin, PA
I say a Jeep is a Jeep. I got my 03 libby 5 years ago & a couple of my friends called it a Geo/Chevy Tracker, I always invited them to bring their trucks offtroading but always got excuses of why they could not go. Me all I have so far is hooks, tires, and more confidence than I should have but I still have fun. I dont have aloy of access to many places but I got a map & I look. Here in western PA you see 4X4's of all shapes & sizes . For instance as mentioned a few posts up, you get the ones that may be beat up & not the easy on the eyes but they still wheel. Then you have the garage queens who feel they need thru drive thru a JC Whitney calalogue and hit every page to legitimize their rigs. Funny they are always clean, and the closest thing to offroading they get is the mud puddle next to the offramp at the mall.( nice job buddie were you able to handle that in 2wd or you need 4Lo?) I say dirtier is funner...wait sounds like this girl I took the the prom, but thats a different story for a different post. Final thought we chose Libertys, they are Jeeps and good Jeeps at that. We all made our choice, so dance(wheel) with what you took to the dance.

Have a fun & safe Labor Day Weekend.

_________________
IamBob
03KJsport
Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO
Mopar hooks
Class 3 hitch
comming soon mopar plates
rock rails
http://www.myjeepspace.com/user/iambob/gallery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:40 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:21 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Massachusetts
A Liberty is just as good as the other jeeps, I recently joined a jeep club and they have told me that they have been impressed by past Liberties

_________________
One Life - Live It


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:12 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 5
Location: spencer,ma
Well I got to say. I belong to NEJ (NEW ENGLAND JEEPZ) and I own a 83' Jeep CJ7 lifted 7 1/2" with all the stainless you can buy for a CJ (except the front grill as I hate those) and I belong to the same club as Icefisher45 with his 04 KJ and I think for the most part KJ is respected as a Jeep. A Jeep is a Jeep. But more importantly a wheeler is a wheeler. I had mine show room shine for 5 years after a complete restoration and got more trash talked about my street truck than any KJ ever would. I got the comments like" We've seen it roll but can it wheel?" and " Sure is purty. Must have been waxing it while us real men were wheelin ours." hahahaha.
I say honestly, to each his own. I loved my 2 CJ's and put a lot of work into restoring them. I wanted a show truck at first. It was only this past year when the rocker panel showed some signs of rust that my wife allowed me to join a club and go wheeling. I was proud of my jeep and made it look really agressive as I wanted the " Offroad Look" without th abuse on it.
Well I am please to say I love my CJ even more now that I have seen what it can do in the woods. I used to only wave to jeeps were the tops come off. Now after seeing some cherokees and liberty's run side by side I have learned to respect anyone who isn't afraid to take it off the beaten path.

I say Jeeps are the bomb , but much respect goes to any that can climb over a stone wall or cross a river!!

_________________
83' CJ7
Jacked & packed
Ready to crush all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:25 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:21 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Massachusetts
Thank you Bigdaddy, your right a jeep is a jeep.

_________________
One Life - Live It


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com