It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1195
I have one of the original 2 made by Profinish-Proglass. It's the one sold by Jeepin' By Al now. It works great with a cold air intake. It dumps all the air right where the cone is.

Image

_________________
June 2001 Liberty Limited 4X4
Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Could you show us a picture of what it looks like under the hood? I was thinking it funneled the air to a smaller opening????

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1195
On mine the opening is a little larger than the first one Terry did. Not sure how big it is on the new ones. It's above the front of the cone.

Image

Image

_________________
June 2001 Liberty Limited 4X4
Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:23 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
I like it! I want to keep my factory air box, so I would need to find a way to run a duct from the hood inlet to the air box and still be able to open the hood without having to disconnect the duct. I’m not sure how I would do it, but I’m sure there is a way.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:53 pm 
Offline
Bush Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:22 am
Posts: 952
Location: Raleigh, NC
tjkj2002 wrote:
I'd like a compistite or fiberglass hood that has no ram air,hood scoops,or cowl induction,just want one that looks like the OEM hood for one simple reason.....................

No more stinkin hail dents :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Your Jeep is an off road vehicle, and you worry about hail dents?
One false move, and your Jeep can roll over, and you care about hail...
I find that odd. Not saying that is dumb, far be it from me to judge anyone, but I do find that an odd comment.

_________________
-08 KK Bright Silver Met.
Mopar front tow hooks,
Mopar Skids
Curt class III/IV hitch, and wireing
O.K. Offroad steel reciever shackle
Zune 80 gig for the tunes,
(Do Jeep slush mats count?)
Life size Amstaff terrier bobble head in rear seat :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1195
On Terry's, the original, the opening was directly over, and the same size as the little snorkel if you took the top curve off of it. His plan was to make it into a true ram air using the stock air box. There just wasn't enough demand as I was the only one who bought one back then, and we saw a much larger difference than we expected with it just dumping into a "cold air" intake.

_________________
June 2001 Liberty Limited 4X4
Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:56 pm 
I can't speak for Troy, but scrapes and bangs from trees/branches don't bother me.

But the moment some dumb twit opens their car door into my Jeep I'm ready to go buck AWOL


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
KY Liberty wrote:
On Terry's, the original, the opening was directly over, and the same size as the little snorkel if you took the top curve off of it. His plan was to make it into a true ram air using the stock air box. There just wasn't enough demand as I was the only one who bought one back then, and we saw a much larger difference than we expected with it just dumping into a "cold air" intake.


That would be a perfect set-up as the hood would align itself with the factory snorkel when shut.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1195
dieselenthusiast wrote:
KY Liberty wrote:
On Terry's, the original, the opening was directly over, and the same size as the little snorkel if you took the top curve off of it. His plan was to make it into a true ram air using the stock air box. There just wasn't enough demand as I was the only one who bought one back then, and we saw a much larger difference than we expected with it just dumping into a "cold air" intake.


That would be a perfect set-up as the hood would align itself with the factory snorkel when shut.


It could still be done if the hole on the bottom is the size of the first hood. He enlarged it towards the back for mine. On the original, there is a flat area all the way around the opening, so setting it up to seal the snorkel against the hood when closed would be fairly easy.

_________________
June 2001 Liberty Limited 4X4
Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:43 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
MNKK wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
I'd like a compistite or fiberglass hood that has no ram air,hood scoops,or cowl induction,just want one that looks like the OEM hood for one simple reason.....................

No more stinkin hail dents :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Your Jeep is an off road vehicle, and you worry about hail dents?
One false move, and your Jeep can roll over, and you care about hail...
I find that odd. Not saying that is dumb, far be it from me to judge anyone, but I do find that an odd comment.
I got a issue with hail dents since my KJ already sustained $5500 worth of them in 2002 :twisted: .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
KY Liberty wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
KY Liberty wrote:
On Terry's, the original, the opening was directly over, and the same size as the little snorkel if you took the top curve off of it. His plan was to make it into a true ram air using the stock air box. There just wasn't enough demand as I was the only one who bought one back then, and we saw a much larger difference than we expected with it just dumping into a "cold air" intake.


That would be a perfect set-up as the hood would align itself with the factory snorkel when shut.


It could still be done if the hole on the bottom is the size of the first hood. He enlarged it towards the back for mine. On the original, there is a flat area all the way around the opening, so setting it up to seal the snorkel against the hood when closed would be fairly easy.


Is there anyway I could call someone to confirm this? If it is still true that the air inlet would come close to sealing against the snorkel, then I will make the purchase as I have always liked the hood on your KJ anyway.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:48 pm 
Offline
Bush Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:22 am
Posts: 952
Location: Raleigh, NC
Well, it looks good to me...
Is that how you got the killer paint color?

_________________
-08 KK Bright Silver Met.
Mopar front tow hooks,
Mopar Skids
Curt class III/IV hitch, and wireing
O.K. Offroad steel reciever shackle
Zune 80 gig for the tunes,
(Do Jeep slush mats count?)
Life size Amstaff terrier bobble head in rear seat :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:52 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
MNKK wrote:
Well, it looks good to me...
Is that how you got the killer paint color?
Yep,and I'm not fixing it again :twisted: .If I do happen to get hailed on again it getting totally bedlined.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
tjkj2002 wrote:
If I do happen to get hailed on again it getting totally bedlined.


:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:04 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 182
dieselenthusiast wrote:
KY Liberty wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
KY Liberty wrote:
On Terry's, the original, the opening was directly over, and the same size as the little snorkel if you took the top curve off of it. His plan was to make it into a true ram air using the stock air box. There just wasn't enough demand as I was the only one who bought one back then, and we saw a much larger difference than we expected with it just dumping into a "cold air" intake.


That would be a perfect set-up as the hood would align itself with the factory snorkel when shut.


It could still be done if the hole on the bottom is the size of the first hood. He enlarged it towards the back for mine. On the original, there is a flat area all the way around the opening, so setting it up to seal the snorkel against the hood when closed would be fairly easy.


Is there anyway I could call someone to confirm this? If it is still true that the air inlet would come close to sealing against the snorkel, then I will make the purchase as I have always liked the hood on your KJ anyway.



I agree here with this as i would love to know the answer to this question also, and would definatly pick one up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:09 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Posts: 1195
dieselenthusiast wrote:
KY Liberty wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
KY Liberty wrote:
On Terry's, the original, the opening was directly over, and the same size as the little snorkel if you took the top curve off of it. His plan was to make it into a true ram air using the stock air box. There just wasn't enough demand as I was the only one who bought one back then, and we saw a much larger difference than we expected with it just dumping into a "cold air" intake.


That would be a perfect set-up as the hood would align itself with the factory snorkel when shut.


It could still be done if the hole on the bottom is the size of the first hood. He enlarged it towards the back for mine. On the original, there is a flat area all the way around the opening, so setting it up to seal the snorkel against the hood when closed would be fairly easy.


Is there anyway I could call someone to confirm this? If it is still true that the air inlet would come close to sealing against the snorkel, then I will make the purchase as I have always liked the hood on your KJ anyway.


I'm not real sure about the hood now. Mine was made from the mold from the Profinish-Proglass 2003 convertable 2 door Liberty built for a SEMA show. It looks like Suncoast is selling them now. Don't know who is actually making them, if they are like mine or Terry's, or if there are any other differences such as materials. Here is the link to Suncoast:

http://www.suncoastramairhoods.com/eshop/shop/index.php?productID=460

Here is the link to Profinish-Proglass. It is just a holder page right now, but has contact info on it.

http://profinish-proglass.com/

I've seen both Terry's, and obviously mine in person. I see the single photo from Suncoast on another one. I don't know if there are actually any others out there.

_________________
June 2001 Liberty Limited 4X4
Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:22 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
KY Liberty wrote:

http://www.suncoastramairhoods.com/eshop/shop/index.php?productID=460

Here is the link to Profinish-Proglass. It is just a holder page right now, but has contact info on it.

http://profinish-proglass.com/

I've seen both Terry's, and obviously mine in person. I see the single photo from Suncoast on another one. I don't know if there are actually any others out there.


I’m assuming the hood that Marlin is selling on his JBA website is the hood that is made by Suncoast?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com