It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 4WD& sport utility mag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:07 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
anyone seen the december 2008 issue of 4WD & Sport Utility mag?

On page 55 there is a full size ad for the mag about back issues and the back ground is a LOST trail ride. looks to be about 10-11 KJ's

Leading is a Red Boulder bars KJ with a super winch, 2nd looks like tommudd, 3rd is ARB seth Can't tell if its before or after SFA.

Glad to finally see KJ's more often in magazines!

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 4WD& sport utility mag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:22 am
Posts: 173
Location: Laurel MD
Hood297 wrote:
anyone seen the december 2008 issue of 4WD & Sport Utility mag?

On page 55 there is a full size ad for the mag about back issues and the back ground is a LOST trail ride. looks to be about 10-11 KJ's

Leading is a Red Boulder bars KJ with a super winch, 2nd looks like tommudd, 3rd is ARB seth Can't tell if its before or after SFA.

Glad to finally see KJ's more often in magazines!


Thats great, I have been thinking about subscribing to this... maybe now I will.

_________________
04 Black Limited
Custom orange grill inserts, custom orange rock rails
Reese Class III Add-on Hitch
245 70 16 Firestone Destination ATs
http://www.clownthings.com/jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
Scan some pics into your PC and show us. I'd like to see that.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
May 2006 issue, article called THE DEVILS LOOP LOST KJ WEST Club

Had several including Seth "ARB" Green before the SFA also Wally before his SFA, Annette, John "Amsoil" Mathy, Ted Kalil, Heather and Quinn from AllJs , Mario Donovan (from Adventure Trailer fame) and others can not remember who else was on the trip I (of course is what my wife would say ) have the magazine here somewhere
oh yes the red KJ in front is Clints ( Rounsavail) keep remembering who was in the article

someone from the article will fill in the rest of the names OH and I wasn't there :twisted:
I guess newer members don't remember those as they were real active in the beginning on here and some of the original founders. They still stick their heads in every now and again which is good


Tom

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:38 pm
Posts: 786
Location: on the bayou
Ed V was there, as was I. The two white kjs. (mine is the one with the door open). Also Quinn's dad, Dave (AZscout), Nanette were there too.

What a fun ride. Drove 12+ hrs out west to the Barstow, CA area. Went wheeling with some great people, got some pics taken, ate lunch and drove all the way back home the same day. (hey liking a girl will make one do silly things).

Yeah that was before Seth and Wally did the SFAs.

As a matter of fact next month will be the 3 year anniversary of this trip. Man such a long time ago that seems like yesterday.

thanks for the great memory,
mike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
speaking of articles in 4 Wheel Drive and SU magazine heres another one that some of you may of never seen October 2007 and Seths KJ with the SFA on the cover crossing a log bridge cool photo article inside about wheeling in the Northwest and a few more action shots of Seths

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:39 pm 
Offline
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: Yelm, WA
I used to subscribe to this magazine but it has undergone some changes in the last year (a new editor). I will not be renewing my subscription as it seems to have started going downhill. Since the new editor took over, the mag is falling into the same rut as every other 4wheeling magazine. Pretty much all they have covered for the past 6-8 months is JKs, TJs, Tacomas, and Suzukis. They will occasionally throw something like a Bronco or a Blazer in to change it up but never do they really cover anything other than the big ticket vehicles. I'm tired of reading about Toyotas and Wranglers so I will now be subscribing to Jeep Junkie since they are more likely to have real vehicles (not just trailer rigs that cost more than Italian sports cars).

_________________
Pete
L.O.S.T. #PC050458
'04 Timberland Green Sport w/stuff...
'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:53 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
Anybody Subscribe to Petersons 4 Wheel and Off-Road Magazine? The wife got "roped" into buying a subscription to a magazine and picked this for me. Just wondering if this is going to be a read once and leave in the doctors office waiting room magazine. 8)

Thanks for the heads up on Jeep Junkie. Looks cool for $13 a year. I also prefer the quarterly mags over the monthly.

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
KW AV8R wrote:
I used to subscribe to this magazine but it has undergone some changes in the last year (a new editor). I will not be renewing my subscription as it seems to have started going downhill. Since the new editor took over, the mag is falling into the same rut as every other 4wheeling magazine. Pretty much all they have covered for the past 6-8 months is JKs, TJs, Tacomas, and Suzukis. They will occasionally throw something like a Bronco or a Blazer in to change it up but never do they really cover anything other than the big ticket vehicles. I'm tired of reading about Toyotas and Wranglers so I will now be subscribing to Jeep Junkie since they are more likely to have real vehicles (not just trailer rigs that cost more than Italian sports cars).


I started getting Jeep Junkie a while back and have enjoyed its more "down home" articles, not the brand new JK with 45000 thrown on top of the purchase price. :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
DryBones wrote:
Anybody Subscribe to Petersons 4 Wheel and Off-Road Magazine? The wife got "roped" into buying a subscription to a magazine and picked this for me. Just wondering if this is going to be a read once and leave in the doctors office waiting room magazine. 8)

Thanks for the heads up on Jeep Junkie. Looks cool for $13 a year. I also prefer the quarterly mags over the monthly.

I get P4W&O magazine. It is ok. The best part is the Ultimate Adventure they put on every year, but this years choice of vehicle and build up was a bust. A full size chevy truck just doesn't do it for me off road. Some of the other UA rigs were amazing though. Other than that it is so so. Doubt I'll renew my subscription.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
:D That was a great day! I'll post up some pics I took that day....if I can find them.... funny, they made it sound like I got stuck at one point which was totally wrong.....only person to get stuck was allyrand...... :lol:

I agree on the changes over at the mag though. I have noticed a trend of almost all TJ & JK feature articles and I am tired of seeing the same 'ol stuff over and over. I too will not be renewing this time around. In the future I'll just skim it at the store and if it looks worth buying I'll grab the single issues.

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 205
Location: SLC
KW AV8R wrote:
I used to subscribe to this magazine but it has undergone some changes in the last year (a new editor). I will not be renewing my subscription as it seems to have started going downhill. Since the new editor took over, the mag is falling into the same rut as every other 4wheeling magazine. Pretty much all they have covered for the past 6-8 months is JKs, TJs, Tacomas, and Suzukis. They will occasionally throw something like a Bronco or a Blazer in to change it up but never do they really cover anything other than the big ticket vehicles. I'm tired of reading about Toyotas and Wranglers so I will now be subscribing to Jeep Junkie since they are more likely to have real vehicles (not just trailer rigs that cost more than Italian sports cars).


Kinda funny....I was happy when Phil came back on board as the editor. He was the editor way back when Tom McMullen owned the mag. To me they were the mag for the real 4wheeler and explorer. Now they are owned by a big corporation with lots of people to answer too. However, I am sure Phil will get as much of the down to earth wheeling in as he can. He is a history buff and loves to explore....and lives in Utah, not LA. I am looking forward to good things!

_________________
2006 CRD KJ sport 2.5" with 235/85/16's
95 F250 PSD (not stock)
73 Bronco Buggy (REALLY not stock)
90 Miata (sold)
'49 Studebaker PU (sold)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:34 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
The mag title says what it should be covering, not the big show queens.

"Sport Utility Vehicle."

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 625
Location: DuPage County , IL
I never heard of Jeep Junkie. Thanks, I will have to check that rag out.

_________________
Illegitima Non carborundom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:12 pm 
Offline
Bush Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:22 am
Posts: 952
Location: Raleigh, NC
I just picked up a Jp Mag. It seems to have some good articles, there was quite a few advertisments, but heck the Jeep Trivia crossword was fun. I have never seen this mag before, but I did like some/most of the info in it.

_________________
-08 KK Bright Silver Met.
Mopar front tow hooks,
Mopar Skids
Curt class III/IV hitch, and wireing
O.K. Offroad steel reciever shackle
Zune 80 gig for the tunes,
(Do Jeep slush mats count?)
Life size Amstaff terrier bobble head in rear seat :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Memories....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:17 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Pics from my camera of that mag run. Not a tough trail but it was a fun, memorable day.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 625
Location: DuPage County , IL
Cool pics.

What's that winch (red KJ) mounted to? A front hitch?

_________________
Illegitima Non carborundom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:26 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
wow there are some pre-SFA pics in there of a couple KJs

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
CrossBones wrote:
Cool pics.

What's that winch (red KJ) mounted to? A front hitch?


Yes, hidden hitch.

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
jsc7002 wrote:
wow there are some pre-SFA pics in there of a couple KJs


3 of them at least......

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com