It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Fuel Mileage w/Painless Striker2 + (ORM Mod Q's)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Tupelo, MS
I just went on a long road trip vacation from home to Florida and back. Filled up exactly three times thru the trip, and still on the last tank full. The last tank was driven in level 4 for the 1st 200mi of the trip with no noticed improvement then switched back to level5 to see if it made a difference which it did.....but just slightly. Here's the results:

1. Power level 5 -- 27.6mpg (99% highway)
2. Power level 3 -- 24.5mpg (60/40 highway/city)
3. FE mode -- 26.1mpg (99% highway)
4. Power level 4&5 -- 27mpg* est. (75/25 highway/city) *have yet to fill up


So, I have to say this power module at least didn't hurt my mileage. Now I have pulled the MAF sensor ala the "ORM" mod. Would like to know from those who also did this what there improved mileage reports were. Right off the bat, i noticed what others here stated! Improved throttle response, quicker spool up, and sounds more like a diesel should. The power of this little SUV I have now is amazing!!! Something in the EGR system just wasn't allowing the full potential of the StrikerI module to be realized, hence a grey haze of exhaust smoke under the lightest of throttle apps developed and is now gone with the ORM mod!!!

_________________
2005 Black CRD KJ____Full GDE turbo kit, EHM, 6.5L GMCTD lift pump, euro tq conv, 31" Duratracs on 15x7 Procomps w/3.75"bs
2.5" lift, full skids, Super Skink Sliders, front JBA Steel Diff w/True-Trac___Powertax "No-Slip" locker rear
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver 2wd Dodge 2500 reg. cab 5.9 Cummins (highly modded with 550hp/1200tq+)


Last edited by 2mopar_diesels on Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:13 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:28 am
Posts: 17
Location: Michigan
I just sold my Powerstroke F250 and most of the chips that are available for it for mileage improvements lock the torque converter earlier which was a good thing where I live cause there are alot of 50mpg roads. Does the Stricker one lock the torque conver earlier or keep it locked up more, stock i am constantly going in and out of OD due to the speed of the roads and its annoying as hell, I wish the converter would stay locked up. This would surely improve mileage some. Explain how it sounds more like a diesel? what kind of power would you say it added? Is it safe to tow with this chip?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:09 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Tupelo, MS
I guess I'll re-ask the question:

Quote:
Now I have pulled the MAF sensor ala the "ORM" mod. Would like to know from those who also did this what there improved mileage reports were. Right off the bat, i noticed what others here stated! Improved throttle response, quicker spool up, and sounds more like a diesel should. The power of this little SUV I have now is amazing!!! Something in the EGR system just wasn't allowing the full potential of the StrikerI module to be realized, hence a grey haze of exhaust smoke under the lightest of throttle apps developed and is now gone with the ORM mod!!!



And the final mpg reading of the last tank wound up being 27.4mpg.

_________________
2005 Black CRD KJ____Full GDE turbo kit, EHM, 6.5L GMCTD lift pump, euro tq conv, 31" Duratracs on 15x7 Procomps w/3.75"bs
2.5" lift, full skids, Super Skink Sliders, front JBA Steel Diff w/True-Trac___Powertax "No-Slip" locker rear
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver 2wd Dodge 2500 reg. cab 5.9 Cummins (highly modded with 550hp/1200tq+)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:54 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:12 am
Posts: 764
Location: NoVA
johnyrr wrote:
I just sold my Powerstroke F250 and most of the chips that are available for it for mileage improvements lock the torque converter earlier which was a good thing where I live cause there are alot of 50mpg roads. Does the Stricker one lock the torque conver earlier or keep it locked up more, stock i am constantly going in and out of OD due to the speed of the roads and its annoying as hell, I wish the converter would stay locked up. This would surely improve mileage some. Explain how it sounds more like a diesel? what kind of power would you say it added? Is it safe to tow with this chip?
None of the current chips/tunes/plug in devices affect the transmission as its controlled by a separate ECM.

_________________
Ryan
2006 Ford F-250 PSD CC FX4
**GONE**
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
SAMCO Hoses//GDE Tune//PML Trans Pan//TransGo HD Shift Kit//MBRP Exhaust

1986 2R Mustang SVO


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:33 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:34 am
Posts: 200
Location: Rochester, NY
2mopar_diesels wrote:
I guess I'll re-ask the question:

Quote:
Now I have pulled the MAF sensor ala the "ORM" mod. Would like to know from those who also did this what there improved mileage reports were. Right off the bat, i noticed what others here stated! Improved throttle response, quicker spool up, and sounds more like a diesel should. The power of this little SUV I have now is amazing!!! Something in the EGR system just wasn't allowing the full potential of the StrikerI module to be realized, hence a grey haze of exhaust smoke under the lightest of throttle apps developed and is now gone with the ORM mod!!!



And the final mpg reading of the last tank wound up being 27.4mpg.


Is that mpg reading with your mixed driving...up from 24.5?

_________________
Jim

2005 Liberty Sport Stone White
SAMCO Hoses
Provent
HHO System
In-line thermo
'95 Moto Guzzi California 1100

I learn more from my struggles than that which comes easy......
Image


Last edited by jmoomaw on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 1766
Location: Wisconsin Northwoods
johnyrr wrote:
I just sold my Powerstroke F250 and most of the chips that are available for it for mileage improvements lock the torque converter earlier which was a good thing where I live cause there are alot of 50mpg roads. Does the Stricker one lock the torque conver earlier or keep it locked up more, stock i am constantly going in and out of OD due to the speed of the roads and its annoying as hell, I wish the converter would stay locked up. This would surely improve mileage some. Explain how it sounds more like a diesel? what kind of power would you say it added? Is it safe to tow with this chip?


I want to know where these 50 MPG roads are. Maybe My state would start using that kind of low friction pavement. :lol:

_________________
Manure green 2005 CRD sport4x4, GDE Hot tune, Cat Gut, OE skids, Draw tight hitch, Duramax lift pump, 160K on multiple varieties of fuel, XM radio, Escort live with Redline, fog light mod, GPS, Icom IC7000 all band radio call sign KC9QPF, Grabber AT2s on Soft 8s, FIA grill blanket.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:19 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
nursecosmo wrote:
I want to know where these 50 MPG roads are. Maybe My state would start using that kind of low friction pavement. :lol:


You just start at the top of the mountain and coast :) :) :)

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Tupelo, MS
jmoomaw wrote:
2mopar_diesels wrote:
I guess I'll re-ask the question:

Quote:
Now I have pulled the MAF sensor ala the "ORM" mod. Would like to know from those who also did this what there improved mileage reports were. Right off the bat, i noticed what others here stated! Improved throttle response, quicker spool up, and sounds more like a diesel should. The power of this little SUV I have now is amazing!!! Something in the EGR system just wasn't allowing the full potential of the StrikerI module to be realized, hence a grey haze of exhaust smoke under the lightest of throttle apps developed and is now gone with the ORM mod!!!



And the final mpg reading of the last tank wound up being 27.4mpg.


Is that mpg reading with your mixed driving...up from 24.5?



Yeh, if you go back and look at the 1st post, it's the 4th tank with an average of 75/25 highway/city driving conditions.

_________________
2005 Black CRD KJ____Full GDE turbo kit, EHM, 6.5L GMCTD lift pump, euro tq conv, 31" Duratracs on 15x7 Procomps w/3.75"bs
2.5" lift, full skids, Super Skink Sliders, front JBA Steel Diff w/True-Trac___Powertax "No-Slip" locker rear
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver 2wd Dodge 2500 reg. cab 5.9 Cummins (highly modded with 550hp/1200tq+)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:28 am
Posts: 17
Location: Michigan
:oops: I find that I am in the company of scholars, so sorry I meant 50 MPH, I repeat thats MILEs PER HOUR. Smart-A$$'s



ATXKJ wrote:
nursecosmo wrote:
I want to know where these 50 MPG roads are. Maybe My state would start using that kind of low friction pavement. :lol:


You just start at the top of the mountain and coast :) :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:28 am
Posts: 17
Location: Michigan
:oops: I find that I am in the company of scholars, so sorry I meant 50 MPH, I repeat thats MILEs PER HOUR. Smart-A$$'s



ATXKJ wrote:
nursecosmo wrote:
I want to know where these 50 MPG roads are. Maybe My state would start using that kind of low friction pavement. :lol:


You just start at the top of the mountain and coast :) :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Tupelo, MS
Well, with almost 2weeks worth of driving on the ORM I have driven 191mi. and the needle is only just under 7/8th of a tank!!!! That is with about 60/40 highway/city driving. I'm thrilled!!!! Judging against the past few tanks and how the needle moved, I'm guessing my mpg's are about 25-26mpg!!!

_________________
2005 Black CRD KJ____Full GDE turbo kit, EHM, 6.5L GMCTD lift pump, euro tq conv, 31" Duratracs on 15x7 Procomps w/3.75"bs
2.5" lift, full skids, Super Skink Sliders, front JBA Steel Diff w/True-Trac___Powertax "No-Slip" locker rear
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver 2wd Dodge 2500 reg. cab 5.9 Cummins (highly modded with 550hp/1200tq+)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Tupelo, MS
With a full month on the ORM, 870mi. and less than 1.5 tank fulls of fuel, I can attest that the CRD is getting a consistent 3-4mpg increase in combined driving. On the last tank (about 60/40 highway/city), the trip odo read 541mi. Refuel took 19.7gal. For a mpg reading of 27.46mpg. The last time driving was done in the exact same conditions, my mpg's were 23.6mpg. I'm excited to get out on the open road and see what the highway mileage will do!!! I'm pretty sure it should easily crack the 30mpg mark and then some.

_________________
2005 Black CRD KJ____Full GDE turbo kit, EHM, 6.5L GMCTD lift pump, euro tq conv, 31" Duratracs on 15x7 Procomps w/3.75"bs
2.5" lift, full skids, Super Skink Sliders, front JBA Steel Diff w/True-Trac___Powertax "No-Slip" locker rear
Tow Rig: 2003 Silver 2wd Dodge 2500 reg. cab 5.9 Cummins (highly modded with 550hp/1200tq+)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com