It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: J Products Interior Rack
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:39 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Ephrata, PA
Is anyone currently using the Interior Rack from J Products? http://www.boulderbars.com/kj_interior_rack.htm
I'm giving this some consideration, but was wondering how much noise you've got from vibration when it's empty?

_________________
06 KJ Sport
-245/75/16 Destination A/T's
-Debadged and decaled
-Liberator door handles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:40 pm
Posts: 630
Location: Southern New Jersey
im not using one , Made my own, but if you download the pdf on the mounting it looks like it sits tight enough where you would not have an issue.

_________________
“You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it."

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:51 pm 
Offline
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:49 pm
Posts: 3966
Location: OHIO, Indian Trail-North Carolina
No noise when empty... You'll love it!

:shock: I never noticed!!!!!! My All J rack is missing 4 holes!!!!
:lol: I'm calling Heather tomorrow!!!! :P


Image

Image

_________________
2000 Cherokee Trail Hawk
3.5" R.E Superflex Lift, R.E Quick Disconnects, R.E Rear Driveshaft, SYE, OME Steering Stabilizer, ARB Diff Covers, JW Speaker Black Heated Headlights, Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels, 245/75r16 Toyo Open Country AT's, 15 lb Powertank

2003 KJ Sport (BLACK) 230,000+Miles (Decommissioned)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:57 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:02 am
Posts: 2053
Location: Michigan City, IN
Built my own too....... Might want to look at http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30592 These hold up pretty good and don't cost much to make.

_________________
Blood Clot Red 03 Punisher Edition
245/75-16 Duratracs, Soft 8's, Ironman/clevis Lift, Monroe Sensa-trac rear shocks, JBA 3.5, GTP Hood Louvers, Roof Basket & Light bar, Mudd's Garage Rear Bumper
custom made items: cross rails, grill inserts, cargo shelf, lightbar, pin stripping & rock rails.
L.O.S.T. #DW090501


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
When I ordered mine, it was one of three left back in April. It's never been empty though, my Power Tank is mounted to it and all my recovery gear and tools are strapped to it.

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:15 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Lower NY
I got one of the originals... Love it! Makes it real easy to reach stuff just through the window. 1st aid kit, mounted MAG flashlight to one side, road flares, gloves, toilet paper, etc. All up top. I just keep a folded airline blanket over top of everything so nothing is visible from outside. Also laid down a length of no skid rubber (like they use in kitchen drawers) so nothing slides around. I put mine on 1" spacers so the top of my cooler opens more when stowed underneath it. Doesn't rattle one bit. Thing is sturdy as heck!


This pic is before I put the spacers in but you can see the green shelf liner.

Image

Quote:
I never noticed!!!!!! My All J rack is missing 4 holes!!!!

Mine too!! :wink:

_________________
My pics!!
'03 Rennie w/all Tupperware
Custom Roof Basket
Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:39 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Ephrata, PA
Great idea using the spacers.

_________________
06 KJ Sport
-245/75/16 Destination A/T's
-Debadged and decaled
-Liberator door handles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 8:27 pm
Posts: 127
Location: Northwest
I've got one also. I welded a six inch high piece across the front so there is less chance of stuff flying through the air. I've had a quarter of an Elk on top of it, so it is sturdy.

It's currently is holding up my Zodiac and my 2 horse Honda.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:05 pm 
Offline
All J Products Lifetime Vendor
All J Products Lifetime Vendor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:39 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Big Bear, CA
JL Rockies wrote:
When I ordered mine, it was one of three left back in April. It's never been empty though, my Power Tank is mounted to it and all my recovery gear and tools are strapped to it.


We have plenty of interior racks in stock :) They are a good seller.

_________________
Quinn " Macgyver" Thomas
KF6IQX
97 TJ "Mine after 10 years, I had to buy Heather a JK to get it"
1968 Jeep M715
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door JK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:33 pm 
Offline
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: Yelm, WA
macgyver wrote:
We have plenty of interior racks in stock :) They are a good seller.


Good. I was afraid that you might discontinue this product and I was trying to figure out a way to get one of the last ones. At least now I can wait just a little while (maybe tax return time).

_________________
Pete
L.O.S.T. #PC050458
'04 Timberland Green Sport w/stuff...
'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
how about one for the kk?

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:24 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 493
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Those look very functional and are very cool. I know it is obvious guys, but please make sure everything is tied down. I know of a kid coming home from college who had a loose television set hit him in the back of the head and kill him while driving home from college. Loose objects flying around are bad news...but I am sure I am preaching to the choir....just a reminder...

_________________
'06 3.7 sport 6 speed (long live manual tranny's)
tinted windows, cruise, midnight blue
Mopar roof rack
Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Lower NY
hooperswish wrote:
Those look very functional and are very cool. I know it is obvious guys, but please make sure everything is tied down. I know of a kid coming home from college who had a loose television set hit him in the back of the head and kill him while driving home from college. Loose objects flying around are bad news...but I am sure I am preaching to the choir....just a reminder...


Not funny.... :cry:
I was driving a Camaro and had a rack for SCUBA tanks in the back cargo area, behind the rear seats, a full 18" lower than the rear seat back. I had to panic stock and a full tank managed to pop out of it's bungy tiedown, launch over the back seat and slam into the back of my headrest. I thought I got rear ended till I saw it lying on the rear seat! Coulda been my head! :shock:

_________________
My pics!!
'03 Rennie w/all Tupperware
Custom Roof Basket
Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:32 pm
Posts: 89
Cacher123 wrote:
I got one of the originals... Love it! Makes it real easy to reach stuff just through the window. 1st aid kit, mounted MAG flashlight to one side, road flares, gloves, toilet paper, etc. All up top. I just keep a folded airline blanket over top of everything so nothing is visible from outside. Also laid down a length of no skid rubber (like they use in kitchen drawers) so nothing slides around. I put mine on 1" spacers so the top of my cooler opens more when stowed underneath it. Doesn't rattle one bit. Thing is sturdy as heck!


This pic is before I put the spacers in but you can see the green shelf liner.

Image

Quote:
I never noticed!!!!!! My All J rack is missing 4 holes!!!!

Mine too!! :wink:



hey catcher123, where did you get that nifty floor mat?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Lower NY
I believe it's the same as the Mopar one. Mine is a Husky - just about any 4wd catalog has them. I like the extended lip in case of spills as I keep a cooler in there in the summer.

_________________
My pics!!
'03 Rennie w/all Tupperware
Custom Roof Basket
Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com