It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: MAF sensor location on 2.5 CRD
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 am
Posts: 327
Location: Scotland
Hi, anybody out there who knows where the MAF sensor on the 2.5 CRD engine is located.
I think a dirty MAF sensor could be the indirect cause of my P1130 code.

Funny thing is that since I have the p1130 code my KJ is more powerfull and less thirsty??????

So mayby I should not clean it after all :D

_________________
The most repeated sentence I heard from my dealer was "I'm sorry YOU are not happy with our service" so it was still my fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:34 pm 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
So...you strayed from our Euro section.. :( The 2.5 doesn't have a MAF ( mass airflow sensor ). We do have a MAP ( manifold absolute pressure) sensor:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=29055&start=0

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:04 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 am
Posts: 327
Location: Scotland
Sorry Tony that I have sinned but the Euro section is a bit quiet and I hoped to reach a wider audience as the guys from down under are lurking around in this area too and they have the same KJ Cherokee's that we have.

So we don't have a MAF sensor, no wonder I could not find it, there goes my theory for my p1130 code.

The P1130 means that the lowerbank co2 sensor is measuring a high flow, I found on a Ford website that this could be due to the MAF being dirty.

I think I will take the MAP sensor out this weekend to see how that looks from the inside.

At the other hand, if it ain’t broken don't fix it, especially as my KJ has never had this much power before, I have to be careful that I don't drive into the back of the car in front of me when overtaking and that's something I have not experienced since I sold my Golf GTI mark4.

_________________
The most repeated sentence I heard from my dealer was "I'm sorry YOU are not happy with our service" so it was still my fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:37 am 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
No need for the sorry mate, I was only joking :D

Hmm, I red in your other post you started the engine without priming the pump after cleaning the filter. So a bunch of air came in the system...maybe throwing your fuel pressure sensor of.

The gain in power you notice can only come from a higher fuel rail pressure. I'd try disconnecting your battery to do a reset.

BTW: according to the CRD FSM code P1130:

Image

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:17 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 am
Posts: 327
Location: Scotland
So, due to the higher pressure in the fuel rail there could be pressure escaping(maybe as a safety precausion) and therefore trowing P1130?

For how long do I have to disconnect the battery for my system to reset?

_________________
The most repeated sentence I heard from my dealer was "I'm sorry YOU are not happy with our service" so it was still my fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:14 am 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
I think an air buble in your highpressure pump and or rail made the fuel pressure fluctuate and therefore it threw you a P1130.

Not meaning it's leaking anywhere now.

Disconnect the battery for about 30 secs. I don't know if it works, but its worth a try.

It will probably still throw the code, but driving may get back to normal.

Under normal conditions fuel cannot escape from the high pressure rail. There's only one way to go: through the injectors into the cilinder.

You could look for a greasy spot around the rail and injector tubes but I doubt that it's leaking somewhere.

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:21 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 am
Posts: 327
Location: Scotland
Thanks Tony, I will do the reset tomorrow.

One other question though, when priming the fuel system, do I need to open the air bleeding valve at the side of the filter housing next to the little pump thingy.

Last time when I drained the bottom glass part I primed/pumped the system carefully until I felt resistance but I never opened the air bleeding valve.

_________________
The most repeated sentence I heard from my dealer was "I'm sorry YOU are not happy with our service" so it was still my fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:00 am 
Offline
Oilburner
Oilburner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 2788
Location: Barcelona Spain
Open the bleeder screw ALWAYS.

If you put to much pressure on the lift pump its membrane it could crack. Then you get a very poor starting CRD...

With fuel prices as they are in Europe I don't drain mine. I trust the 'water in fuel' sensor.

_________________
Cherokee 2,5 CRD: sold - Wrangler TJ 2.5: gone - Touareg V10 TDI: new toy

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:34 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 am
Posts: 327
Location: Scotland
Thanks again Tony!

You should change your name into CRD Guru :lol:

Update:

I did the reset and my KJ runs smoother and even the death shudder is gone when shutting down the engine.
I checked the rail and could not find any oil spots, the p1130 code is still there but I will ignore that from now on.

_________________
The most repeated sentence I heard from my dealer was "I'm sorry YOU are not happy with our service" so it was still my fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com