It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:08 am 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
Maybe KJ04 will chime in, he is running the same lift as i described, minus the strut plates and clevis.

as you can see the CRD springs are wayyy over loaded, so it may not be so bad with the 790's. UHG! decisions!

2006, hurry and get those things in and give us a report!

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:22 am 
tjkj2002 wrote:
and have fun compressing those 790's enough to install a spacer,I'll send my condolenses to your family.


No kidding! they were fun to compress just to put the shocks together!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:27 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 pm
Posts: 1361
Location: Grafton, Ohio
Hood297 wrote:
OK

so to stop beating a dead horse. what would be the most cost effective and best way for me to fix this situation? I am not looking for a lot more height, but a small amount would be good.

can this be achieved by ditching my RC strut spacer, and replacing with OME 790 coils new struts, and possibly some clevis lift?

and thanks again to everyone helpin me out on this one! :D


Yes, 790's , Rancho 17505 and stock shockplate. Adjust with clevis if needed. It will be very stiff untill it gets broke in.

_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
KJ04 wrote:
Hood297 wrote:
OK

so to stop beating a dead horse. what would be the most cost effective and best way for me to fix this situation? I am not looking for a lot more height, but a small amount would be good.

can this be achieved by ditching my RC strut spacer, and replacing with OME 790 coils new struts, and possibly some clevis lift?

and thanks again to everyone helpin me out on this one! :D


Yes, 790's , Rancho 17505 and stock shockplate. Adjust with clevis if needed. It will be very stiff untill it gets broke in.


X2 I really doubt you will need to add Rustys strut plate

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
I'd make sure the bumpstops are long enough keep the spring from stacking.
springs really shouldn't sag over time -
but what does kill them is when they stack - hit metal to metal

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:47 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
ATXKJ wrote:
I'd make sure the bumpstops are long enough keep the spring from stacking.
springs really shouldn't sag over time -
but what does kill them is when they stack - hit metal to metal


thats a good point too, have you bought the terraflex bumpstops yet? in the pics it looks like OEM bumpstops

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
Hood297 wrote:
Maybe KJ04 will chime in, he is running the same lift as i described, minus the strut plates and clevis.

as you can see the CRD springs are wayyy over loaded, so it may not be so bad with the 790's. UHG! decisions!

2006, hurry and get those things in and give us a report!


dont hold your breath.. called 4wd hardware today and they said they havnt been sent from ARB yet (washington state).. i was going to pick them up there which is an hour drive.. but they said since i waited so long they'll ship them right to me for free.. so i'll have them next week hopefully.. i guess i'll wait 3 weeks to save $30.

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:28 pm
Posts: 475
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Hood297 wrote:
LostRenegade wrote:
Hood297 wrote:
Would these combo'd with rustys upper strut spacers work? then, if necessary, some clevis lift?


I did that to my sagging Rustly lift and it did help. After doing that, my struts started to make a loud crunch when I brake hard. I drove with it for a couple of years. I am now going to replace with a Frankenlift II Premium.


rustys spacer lift im assuming? do you have OME springs?


I have the Rusty coil lift. I installed it back in 2005. Last year I replaced the rear with OME HD springs and Rancho Shocks. I also put in 1" spacers on the rear it give it an extra boost. The fronts are still the Rusty coil lift with the strut spacer and a generous clevis ~1/2 inch.

I should have my Frankenlift II Premium this Friday. So I may be having a Jeep lifting this weekend. :D :D :D I am also upgrading my Gen 3 JBA A-Arms to the Gen 4.5.

_________________
LostRenegade - Lost # 477
2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Silver
Mopar Skids, Skid Row Tranny Skid, Boulder Bars, Frankenlift II, 60" Hi-Lift Jack, K&N 6x9 Air Filter, Magnaflow, Dertoit Locker, 245/75R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Al's A-Arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:16 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
jsc7002 wrote:
ATXKJ wrote:
I'd make sure the bumpstops are long enough keep the spring from stacking.
springs really shouldn't sag over time -
but what does kill them is when they stack - hit metal to metal


thats a good point too, have you bought the terraflex bumpstops yet? in the pics it looks like OEM bumpstops


yes i still have oem bump stops. I ordered a set from trail quest on monday.

Oh and I'm sorry guys but she said I ordered the last set!

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:15 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:38 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Twentynine Palms, CA
Got mine yesterday ordered them on Sat.

Ya for me. Now I just got to go pull the old ones off and put the new ones in.
Any tips?

_________________
Will
05 Limited 4x4 Franky II Al's A-arms Black Moabs with MTR's Remote Start SOLD
06 TJ Rubicon Built
06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:38 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
im assuming you mean bumpstops? hit the old ones with some silicon lube, and the new with some light oil. pop the old out, pop the new in.

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:20 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
I had no problems pulling my OEM ones out by hand and for the new ones I sprayed with windex or soap whichever is handy at the moment and a flat pry bar

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
UPDATES?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:15 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
Nothing as of now. but i do plan to switch to OME when money allows, probably for christmas, or after.

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:31 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
2006 KJ, Any updates from you?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
STILL waiting on springs to get here.. theres a long story behind that.. the short one is that i'm saving $30 and having them shipped to my door. should be mid week and i'll have an update

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
STILL waiting on springs to get here.. theres a long story behind that.. the short one is that i'm saving $30 and having them shipped to my door. should be mid week and i'll have an update

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:46 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
anyone running 265-75's with ARB+winch and OME 970/rancho lift? Anyone using a spacer, such as a rustys upper strut spacer?

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
FINALLY got the springs in today so i'll have an update on my set up soon.. going to rip apart the jeep tonight. maybe put it together tomorrow or this weekend.

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:17 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
2006 KJ wrote:
FINALLY got the springs in today so i'll have an update on my set up soon.. going to rip apart the jeep tonight. maybe put it together tomorrow or this weekend.


I thought you were in school?................... :twisted: Don't you have final's to study for?...................... :twisted: How in the heck do you have this much time for play? :twisted: Dang, my research project is sucking all the time I have, and more! :twisted: Do I sound like I'm a little upset? :shock:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com