It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
welp got them in tonight and it's the absolute perfect set up for me... got my height back that i lost so no more rubbing with the 265/75's when i hit a bump.. no swaying around corners or when braking/shifting.. still a very nice ride. couldnt be happier

oh yeah .. i'm still alive after the install unlike prior predictions and compressing/assembling was the same as every other one i did... nothing different with the 790's... so everyone that thought it was impossible go blow your stack somewhere else :twisted: i'd suggest this to anyone.

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
AWESOME!

How much lift did it gain you?

What is the spring rate difference? If the Frankey CRD springs are 790, what is the spring rate for the Franky HD's?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:12 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
didnt gain a ton of lift.. maybe close to an inch on the drivers side and less than that on passanger side.. just replaced what i lost with the bumper/winch
this should help ya with the rate questions..

tonycrd wrote:
Image
I think ARB made a typ-o in this list, you get up to 2,5" of lift.

You need front and rearbumpstops.

While you are at it change the front shocks (struts) as well. You can use Rancho 17505's.

Good place to buy this in the US: www.boulderbars.com


Hood.. any update on your set up?

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:26 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
I‘m a little surprised, I thought the OME HD springs was suppose to accommodate for a bumper and winch. Based on your experience, would you say that the OME HD springs aren’t heavy-duty enough to hold the weight of the ARB and winch? Or, are you setting so dang high that your CV’s are suffering and the OME HD’s are actually at the correct ride height after the installation of the bumper and winch? :?: :?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:11 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
dieselenthusiast wrote:
AWESOME!

How much lift did it gain you?

What is the spring rate difference? If the Frankey CRD springs are 790, what is the spring rate for the Franky HD's?


OME Hd is 500# and the OME HD CRD coils are not 790 that is just the part number the spring rating for those is 600# I think

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:44 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
jsc7002 wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
AWESOME!

How much lift did it gain you?

What is the spring rate difference? If the Frankey CRD springs are 790, what is the spring rate for the Franky HD's?


OME Hd is 500# and the OME HD CRD coils are not 790 that is just the part number the spring rating for those is 600# I think


Well, if that’s the case, then that extra 100# spring rate difference would definitely make up for the ARB and winch. :lol: :lol: I'll have to follow up on this thread to see how 2006KJ and others make out.........................might not be a bad idea for the future.............................

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:42 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 pm
Posts: 1361
Location: Grafton, Ohio
dieselenthusiast wrote:
AWESOME!

How much lift did it gain you?

What is the spring rate difference? If the Frankey CRD springs are 790, what is the spring rate for the Franky HD's?


OME 790 - 500 lbs.
OME 927 - 400 lbs.

_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:39 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
2006 KJ, any pics?

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:46 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
dieselenthusiast wrote:
2006 KJ, any pics?


x2

2006, do you think the frankenlift components would give the additional lift also achievable by adding a rusty's upper strut plate?

I would like similar lift to yours probably not as much, but comparable. Or should I forget rustys and just add more height with clevis lift

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
Hood297 wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
2006 KJ, any pics?


x2

2006, do you think the frankenlift components would give the additional lift also achievable by adding a rusty's upper strut plate?

I would like similar lift to yours probably not as much, but comparable. Or should I forget rustys and just add more height with clevis lift


i'm not sure how much lift the rusty's upper strut plate would give you.. but i would assume it would be close.. if not a little more than the additional lift of the frankenlift spacers.. if i didn't already have the frankenlift parts i would've tried the rusty's upper strut plate and 790's. if you arent happy with it or still want more lift then fine tune it with a clevis lift.

just my .02...

here are some pictures with the new springs installed. i hope it doesnt settle a lot.. if it does i'm going to add some clevis.. it's perfect right now

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... 442#399442

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:52 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
that looks perfect! I will definitely add the rustys upper spacer. They claim it gives you about 1/2" lift. So I will do that, then adjust with clevis if necessary.

What are your measurements from center of fender to center of wheel? front and rear?

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
noooo idea i'll get them for you sometime.. but it's real cold outside now.. haha

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:41 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
2006 KJ, how's the CV's lookin'? I'm guessing you're close to 4" of lift..................... :wink:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
i never got a stock measurement .. but right now heres how it is.. (and CV's look fine)

right front - 22 1/2 from hub to flare
left front- 22 1/4 from hub to flare
right rear- 22 from hub to flare
left rear- 22 from hub to flare

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
2006 KJ wrote:
i never got a stock measurement .. but right now heres how it is.. (and CV's look fine)

right front - 22 1/2 from hub to flare
left front- 22 1/4 from hub to flare
right rear- 22 from hub to flare
left rear- 22 from hub to flare


My Frannky II without my front and rear bumpers is setting here:
Front - 22 from center of hub to flare
Rear - 22 from center of hub to flare

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Last edited by dieselenthusiast on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:16 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
my measurements gasser with 3" RC lift ranchos and CRD springs up front.

Right front 21 1/2
Left front 21 1/2
Right Rear 21 1/8
Left Rear 21 1/8

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:50 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Oregon
Hood, when i re-did my front Franki from stock CRD springs and Daystar spacers to the OME790's i also added a pair of Daystar EVS Bump Stops.

Image

_________________
2005 Silver CRD Sport
GDE Hot and Tranny Tunes, Suncoast, Trango, Provent, Magnaflow, Cummins Lift Pump, SAMCO, SEGR
Al's A-Arms, Frankenlift w/790+3 clevis rings, 4.10s, Eaton E-Locker, Skid Row & Mopar Skids, RRO Super-Sliders
ARB Bull Bar, KC Daylighters, Rebuilt Warn MX6085 w/125' Synthetic line, 265/70/16 Cooper Discoverer STT & Moabs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:18 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
clday25 wrote:
Hood, when i re-did my front Franki from stock CRD springs and Daystar spacers to the OME790's i also added a pair of Daystar EVS Bump Stops.

Image
\

I have never seen those before, that is a great idea! are they something you ordered seperate? I already have extended bumpstops, but I don't think it would hurt to have those too.

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:02 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
clday25, those are slick...........................never seen those before, I reckon those would work.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:20 pm 
Offline
Got Groceries?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: ORANGE BEACH, AL.
OK well I've got all of my components.
Image



I went ahead and did the rear. I gained a little over an inch of lift I went from 21 1/8" to 22 1/4". Its a better ride, but much stiffer.
The front will be done on monday.


here are some comparison shots of the Rough country setup to the OME/Rancho

Image

Image

Image

_________________
2003 limited 3.7L V6
Vader Edition

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com